Resolve ruins Huttball

BombasticHoydens

I know I can't be the only one thinking this, resolve lets a decent small group in Huttball simply run past all but the most dedicated defenses. How many times has some tank just walked the last 20-40ft with half a team hitting them because full resolve gives immunity to CC?

The size of the map itself combined with the nature of Huttball makes resolve incredibly broken when combined with a tank or someone with increased movement bursts.

I get the point of resolve, chain CC isn't very fun, but it's kind of NEEDED in this WZ that you made.

Probably true, too tired to think of the best solution right now, I'll leave this for you guys.

It's something I honestly can't even think of a good solution for. Just turning it off in Huttball would be too much, but in it's current state it's too much in the other direction. It wouldn't be so much of a problem if the map itself wasn't so small. One short run and a toss and you can score a quick goal with little trouble, it just takes a bit of teamwork.

I would argue with you, but I have never seen resolve work on my toon, ever.

The Mythic devs have brought their in pocket board trolls to tell everyone otherwise, just like they did in the other MMOs they destroyed.

In Ops that I am being healed, I can be stunned, rooted, mezzed, choked, electrocuted over and over again for minutes at a time. The resolve bar does nothing. No healing and I die, unable to even move, with a full resolve bar.

I know I can't be the only one thinking this, resolve lets a decent small group in Huttball simply run past all but the most dedicated defenses. How many times has some tank just walked the last 20-40ft with half a team hitting them because full resolve gives immunity to CC?

The size of the map itself combined with the nature of Huttball makes resolve incredibly broken when combined with a tank or someone with increased movement bursts.

I get the point of resolve, chain CC isn't very fun, but it's kind of NEEDED in this WZ that you made.

you have to be kidding me 90% of the time i'm stunned locked because resolve doesn't come on fast enough, also if resolve does come on all you have to do is stop cc'ing for 3 seconds and it removes itself from the player, only reason it stays on longer is because people are still spamming CC on the player

My typical experience in Huttball

Stun, Knockback, blinded, Stun, Knockback, Knockback, Pulled, Knockback, Dead

If anything Reslove needs to kick on sooner and last longer, tired of being stunned locked until my death... The scores in huttball are usually like 1-0 or 0-0 or 1-1, so saying you need more defense in hutball is just ridiculous

Biggest problem is knockbacks are not counted as a stun in order for Resolve to kick on, so your basicaly getting knocked around like a pinball

Edited by Monoth

Yet sadly at the same time in large scale fights like civil war and voidstar resolve seems to build too slow when your trying to catch up to the other players and are getting rooted, snared, rooted again, stunned, resolve starts ticking down while still stunned. Stun breaks you are immune for 3-4 seconds and then the chain starts all over again.

I have already found a way around resolve myself its totally broken if I see that you are about to be resolve capped I will concussive missile you (8-10) CC in pvp, then electic dart you right away... the dart does not break the CC of missile due to you being immune but it does start to let resolve tick down while your still stunned. End result you get 2-4 seconds of CC freedom.

I hated PVP in WAR but, I did like their pvp trinket you get 10 second of CC immunity every 2 mins. That was nice.

What? I usually just politely ask my team to stop spamming their CCs mindlessly if the ball carrier's resolve bar is turning white at dumb times.

You seriously think you should be able to completely stunlock a ball carrier so he can't even throw it?

Yes bc not being able to control your own character as long as it takes for the enemy to kill you sounds like a fun game. Resolve system is woefully inadequate as it is considering how much CC is require to set it off and that one type of hard CC, roots, ignore resolve completely.

If your using CC as a defense in huttball (which is smart and you should) do what I do don't use CC on someone with a full or white draining bar. problem solved.

I like it. Those who hate it just don't understand it yet.

A team that works together and manages resolve appropriately will win. Don't rack up resolve points on someone right as they hit the goal when it's just you doing damage, as a last ditch effort sure, but not when they're on the bridges!

One stun, no resolve, don't break. Second one, full resolve, break stun, run until resolve bar runs out. Then you're able to be stunned / knocked back again.

I like the system, and once people realize that spamming stun / knock backs isn't the way to play, you'll start to complain that it isn't enough and you always get close to the goal and are then DENIED!

Nothing is going to help you if you're stunned and 5 people star hitting you. Just bend over and kiss it goodbye.

Edited by Syrch

The Mythic devs have brought their in pocket board trolls to tell everyone otherwise, just like they did in the other MMOs they destroyed.

In Ops that I am being healed, I can be stunned, rooted, mezzed, choked, electrocuted over and over again for minutes at a time. The resolve bar does nothing. No healing and I die, unable to even move, with a full resolve bar.

100% agree

Yes bc not being able to control your own character as long as it takes for the enemy to kill you sounds like a fun game. Resolve system is woefully inadequate as it is considering how much CC is require to set it off and that one type of hard CC, roots, ignore resolve completely.

If your using CC as a defense in huttball (which is smart and you should) do what I do don't use CC on someone with a full or white draining bar. problem solved.

Huttball is a team effort. You should pass the ball constantly. You get stunned, break it, pass it. If they stun you again... thats their mistake because now they have it on CD and a new person has the ball.

The mechanics arent meant for one person to run will the ball all the way. Thats why the fire traps alternate sides. I have no complaints with how CCs work. They are beatable. Just not every situation.

Just to confirm something, I know how resolve works, my friends know how resolve works, but putting that knowledge into practice can be tricky with a group of strangers spamming AoEs.

My problem comes from the fact that if someone of sufficient durability, and tanks can be incredibly durable at times, gets full resolve they can just walk to the goal.

While I understand again that full removal would be horrible as it would result in chain stuns, it just doesn't happen that much. All you need is a tiny break in stuns, not even considering slows, knockbacks, and other CC, to toss the ball to an ally.

It's very frustrating when faced with a tank ball runner and being unable to use CC to stop them, and certainly be unable to stop through damage alone.

You don't need chain CC to defend in Huttball, you need smart and selective CC.

If you don't know when you should CC, DON'T. Because you're most likely doing nothing but preventing others who know when and how to CC from actually doing it when it matters. Spam those snares as much as you want, but learn when to use your hard CCs and it'll be enough to stop most carrier, unless they are heavily supported or making a lot of passes.

Edited by mornaur

Just to confirm something, I know how resolve works, my friends know how resolve works, but putting that knowledge into practice can be tricky with a group of strangers spamming AoEs.

My problem comes from the fact that if someone of sufficient durability, and tanks can be incredibly durable at times, gets full resolve they can just walk to the goal.

While I understand again that full removal would be horrible as it would result in chain stuns, it just doesn't happen that much. All you need is a tiny break in stuns, not even considering slows, knockbacks, and other CC, to toss the ball to an ally.

It's very frustrating when faced with a tank ball runner and being unable to use CC to stop them, and certainly be unable to stop through damage alone.

So basically what you're saying is you don't want anyone to ever score on you because YOU were unable to kill them or force them to pass before they made it to the goal line.... No. Just No.

Huttball ruins pvp imo. I wana stab people, not run a ball from one place to another.

Edit: I like capture the flag style things, but generally when the flag is dropped you can retrieve it right after rather then it auto going to the enemy

Second throwing the ball is buggy I have hit my throw hot key and it doesnt go off, at all bare in mind im spamming it while i slowly drop in hp

And lastly flame traps, and multiple levels I play a melee so the multiple levels grinds my gears (cant escape the ranged classes far outa my reach) and the traps add too much RNG from a pvp POV.

Edited by Christonya

this ^. not sure where OP is coming from with resolve ruining... anything...

Resolve doesn't stop snare/root, which is quite effective at stopping the ball carrier from the mid field to about the first fire pit, and that's where you should have stopped the enemy in the first place. If they gotten that far with a full resolve bar, you're probably doing something wrong.

It also helps if you think about CC correctly. For example, if a fire pit in front of the ball carrier just lit up, stunning him at this point is absolutely pointless unless you can immediately kill him before the stun wears off because he can't possibly run through the fire at that point anyway. You're only doing a favor to the other team since when that fire dies down you might see a guy with a full resolve bar walk across it, and then sprint to the goal with no possible way of stopping him.

I feel like if anything resolve should be buffed further to include roots. I also don't understand why operative 2 second KD gives a full bar, but the 4 second sorc or BH stuns only give half a bar and thus can be used back to back on someone for an 8 second CC.

Rather than toning down resolve, I think they should make it so that you can't charge, force leap, intercede, sprint when holding the ball. This would slow the game down but also allow for a lot more strategic passing.

It's very frustrating to see a jugg charge one person and then intercede to another and be near the goal line in 2 GCDs, or an assassin sprint thru the fire halway to the goal, and then get sorc pulled to the line. Maybe this is how they intended the game to be played, but it does feel very limiting when playing on a team without those classes.

Then again maybe it's because I'm a sniper and I don't get any of the fancy ball running tools.

EDIT: while I'm putting together a wishlist why not also add a 10 second timer for the ball to respawn at mid after a score...I love working with my whole team to get the ball to the goal, only to see an enemy sin pick it up at mid and tie the game within 5 seconds before we can get back to defend. This is more of a small quality of life issue that can likely be remedied with better teamwork, but w/e.

Edited by Rucket

Ho ho ho. First, DAoC had the best PvP of any MMO ever and if you disagree, this isn't a difference of opinion, it's one person maintaining that gravity exists and the other guy (you) saying he can fly and then failing to levitate anything.

On to the main topic:

DO NOT chain CC to stop ball carriers. They will wait for Resolve while they get healed, pop defensive / CC-breaking cooldowns, then walk their way to your goal while nothing bad happens to them.

Let me repeat that--if you CC someone just to stop them from moving forward another five feet, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Here are the situations where CC is advisable:

1) There is a healer making big green numbers float over the head of the person you are trying to kill. CC the healer.

2) The person with the ball is walking over the fire pits and they're about to come up. Freeze him there.

3) He has just gotten the ball from the neutral position. It's possible you can get him to blow his cooldown early so he won't have it when it matters, and if the rest of your team has half a brain, they won't fill his resolve bar again until it's been depleted from your first stun.

4) You're a Trooper with Cryo Grenade. WRONG! NO! This was a trick option. You never touch Cryo Grenade. This thing fills the bar to 99% for pretty much no time at all. Take it off your bar.

5) They're near a ledge. In this instance, you don't stun them, you knock them off the ledge.

90% of your Huttball woes can be solved by punting people with the ball / in position to receive the ball off a platform or into the pit. Spending 25s waddling back to where they were is certainly better than the three seconds they were going to be stunned if you were silly enough to use a stun instead of your knockback.

I'm going to repeat this a couple times so everything sinks in:

knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks knockbacks

I win 4/5 Huttballs (if not more) with a three or four man team, and often times six cap them. Knockbacks.