Wow, endgame bosses have some cool mechanics

Amandeep

Curent top encounter allows you to stand idle assigning crew missions, then stand idle on stairs, stand idle when all mindtraps down and OMG drag the boss for it become non immune

Floor shatter = Lich King

Trapped in another dimension to kill mob = C'thun, Lich king, Yogg saron to some some extent albeit each of these examples contained more action than this whole fight.

Dragging boss to right place for it become damageble = Terokk (open world grp quest of the olde) for 3-5 people.

So besides slowly jumping down the platforms at the pace where you can go grab a drink mechanics are reused from some other game.

But really every potential boss mechanic we can think off ends up IT'S BEEN ON SIMPSONS

The 'it has been done before' is not a valid argument since 'That other game' recycles boss mechanics every expansion has done so for quite awhile. Let it go already man..

There are only so many ways you can twist dont stand in the fire, so basicly all bosses in all games are more or less the same.

There are only so many ways you can twist dont stand in the fire, so basicly all bosses in all games are more or less the same.

I don't know, I stopped raiding in WoW a long time ago but it seemed like they introduced some pretty interesting variations on traditional mechanics with the Firelands bosses. I think the Phoenix-guy had a starfox-style minigame where you went through hoops to collect a stacking buff that you would use in the burn phase. And I think you had to shift DPS on the big volcano guy from one of his legs to the other, since doing DPS 'steered' him left and right with the goal of keeping him away from the edge of the arena. At the most basic level you're still just standing in the right spot and dpsing the right target at the right time, being that reductive is pointless and unproductive. While they're not revolutionary changes, I like to think those kinds of bosses show that you can always build on traditional mechanics to keep encounters reasonably fresh.

Edited by PanzerKing