Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

SWTOR total sales passed 2 million copies!

nojan

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict SWTOR becomes a footnote in history once D3 and MoP hit the market.

Doubtful. MOP is going to be the death of WoW as it is ALL the mistakes of Wrath and Cataclysm rolled into one expansion with none of the positives.

D3 I could see dragging away some subscribers. I never got into dungeon crawlers like it, but I was surprised to find how many friends that play WoW or TOR that liked it. It will have more of an impact on world activity than actual subs though due to it not requiring a subscription.

Edited by Striker

Now now..let's be fair here. Compare Activision Blizz's performance as a company compared to EA. There is a big difference.

I hate them both equally. I did however like Diablo 1 & 2.

But that's where it ends...

Diablo I & 2 vs Mass Effect 1 & 2 + Dragon Age Origin + SWTOR.

I did play WoW but if i should put it in there Blizzard's stats would only go down, atleast for me.

For me BioWare is better, they atleast release games and try something new.

Blizzard does not, if you don't count WoW. But that's not even something new either.

I hate them both equally. I did however like Diablo 1 & 2.

But that's where it ends...

Diablo I & 2 vs Mass Effect 1 & 2 + Dragon Age Origin + SWTOR.

I did play WoW but if i should put it in there Blizzard's stats would only go down, atleast for me.

For me BioWare is better, they atleast release games and try something new.

Blizzard does not, if you don't count WoW. But that's not even something new either.

Sorry I thought for some reason we were talking about financials. Nevermind :)

Swtor total global sales has reached 2,042,877 copies! In pc games, RPG category: it is ranked number 4 best selling RPG of all time following Diablo, wow cataclysm and wow. Also, swtor has won the first place on global top seller chart(Dec 24th) It is a huge success! Congratulation to swtor team and fans!

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales-data/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/

Who cares? It has problems that need fixed.

Or...

They like this game and are upset about alot of bugs that bring it down?

Logical fallacies help no one. stop it.

Most stable MMO launch to date, just figured you'd wanna hear that since you seem to have such a big problem with logical fallacies

I love coming into threads that shows SWTOR's massive success. You will see people try so hard to spin it negatively, so funny to watch.

If this was a Singleplayer game (O WAIT) I'd say yeah this was a success, unfortnately its an MMO which means the game will survive on its subs (the subs generate the profit), if the game has very little subs past its first quarter and eventually its first year - it will die an awful F2P death. :)

If this was a Singleplayer game (O WAIT) I'd say yeah this was a success, unfortnately its an MMO which means the game will survive on its subs (the subs generate the profit), if the game has very little subs past its first quarter and eventually its first year - it will die an awful F2P death. :)

well mister neg can i have your stuff snice you will be leaving soon

not a single new AAA MMO has managed to pump out more than 2 million copies in less than a month.

Yeah but that doesn't matter. Apperently the more it sells and more people that join it the more dead it is?

Since people keep screaming WoW is dead, they keep screaming SWTOR is dead too.

I bet Farmville is dead aswell...

I guess dead is slang for Awsome?

Swtor total global sales has reached 2,042,877 copies! In pc games, RPG category: it is ranked number 4 best selling RPG of all time following Diablo, wow cataclysm and wow. Also, swtor has won the first place on global top seller chart(Dec 24th) It is a huge success! Congratulation to swtor team and fans!

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales-data/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/

Well done BioWare! Keep up the AWESOME work! :cool:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.