What Species do you want to be playable?

KeatoHarrolo

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Togruta, Nautolan, Rodian, Ithorian, Jawa

I'd even like to see Droid 'species' (instead of 'body type' being fat/thin it would be diferent types of droid) but they'd obviously be limited in class, possible just trooper and bh.

As for the romance excuse. Simple, not all species will have romance options.

When creating a character of 'x' species there should be a note saying 'non-romance character'. Not every player cares about romance and not every character needs one,

But ofc one reason non-humans would be hard is animation mechanics. There are things that are desgned for human body shape (imagine how an astrodroid would look 'riding' a speeder :p) Plus we already have issues with Twi'leks and helmets. Making sure that all armour types fit on all species will take a lot of work if they add species that are hugely different shapes.

Edited by Valkanna

I want a couple of small species. And I honestly don't care if they don't have english-speaking voices. I'd be fine reading subtitles for my own character's speech if I could play an Ugnaught or a Drell or an Ortolan. Edited by PibbyPib

Wookies

Jawas

(whatever they decide the race name is for the race Yoda was)

As far as voice goes, they can just give the english speaking voice an "effect" that sorta emulates the language of the critters (sorta like hoe Khem has a "effect" on his voice).

Edited by Selestian

Personally playable species is very low on my priorities list when they have no real bonuses or drawbacks in game.

They should spend less time on fluff like this and more time on fixing gameplay issues.

I would be very disappointed if the legacy system only allows for such "fluff".

I think it's very very stupid how they don't have some playable species due to "Romance".

Indeed. My sith inquisitor doesnt have a romantic interest, if it bothers them so much that a rodian and a human might get it on, just leave it out. Although, to be honest, were rodians real, I'm sure you'd have a vibrant community of people willing to do the deed with them.... you see plenty of furry yiff-tastic fic/art as is...

I'm still waiting on playable transdoshians or rodians to make my merc bounty hunter. Those and mon cal are my big 3 wants.

I just wish they would throw in some older species/races, we might not really have heard much from. Or maybe some that are just beginning to get a foothold in the galaxy at this time?

Given that they only have 2 "real" star wars alien species in the game that actually appear in film, lets focus on getting some iconic aliens before we go minig for more obscure ones.

Man...how is Wookie not by far and away the most popular? Meh. BW should conduct this poll in a broader sweep than you get in the forums and then just give Republic whatever the winner is. Then give Imps some gimps. That might help with afction balance. [and no, I play Imp, so I'm not just plugging for my own benefit]

Indeed. My sith inquisitor doesnt have a romantic interest, if it bothers them so much that a rodian and a human might get it on, just leave it out. Although, to be honest, were rodians real, I'm sure you'd have a vibrant community of people willing to do the deed with them.... you see plenty of furry yiff-tastic fic/art as is...

I'm still waiting on playable transdoshians or rodians to make my merc bounty hunter. Those and mon cal are my big 3 wants.

I doubt we will ever know, if they did not put in alien species at Launch because A) Couldn't aford to do the animation B) Didn't think people would want to play them or releate to them C) Romance and story issues.

My Current Char is a BH and I have taken ever bad and stupid choice going, I dont releate to him at all his a stupid pychopath but I am enjoying playing him. I really hope BW add the species in as part of the legacy system and release we dont actually have to be a 8 foot talking lizard to enjoy playing one on a computer game.