Why SWTOR really did Kill WOW....

Archonyx

It is the age of the future....

Fantasy is finished.

Bugs in the future with potential fix > Polished Fantasy game that bores you to death

NUFF said...

SWTOR wins...

The game will patch, we got a good one in our hands....it has the most potential...POST LOVE for these fellas, they gave us some entertainment and we are a very tough crowd to please.

Grateful for your work good sirs

/applaud bioware!

I am tempted to make a new post:

Why did SWTOR really, REALLY killed Wow.

Honestly, why do we need another one of these?

If your opinion went unheard in the other thread then it means either people do not care for your opinion, or that there was nothing more to add to what you've said, why filling this board with useless repetitive threads and bury those that actually matter?

Edited by Black_Rabbit

Fantasy is finished.

Bugs in the future with potential fix > Polished Fantasy game that bores you to death

NUFF said...

SWTOR wins...

The game will patch, we got a good one in our hands....it has the most potential...POST LOVE for these fellas, they gave us some entertainment and we are a very tough crowd to please.

/applaud bioware!

hahahahaha, are you going to argue with 11, 000, 000 million world of warcraft users? hahahahahaha

But you're wrong. WoW isn't dead.

WoW isn't dead, but it is overrated. Not to mention, Vivendi lied about how many subscribers the game has... It's called "false advertising" and it happens often. They didn't lie, they tried to create a hype around it with by saying WoW had more than 5 million subscribers, it only ever had a maximum of 6 million for a couple of months and now it's lower than 5 million, and overpaying celebrities to give people the delusion that it's "really really cool and part of pop culture" (it's not).

WoW isn't dead, but it is overrated. Not to mention, Vivendi lied about how many subscribers the game has... It's called "false advertising" and it happens often. They didn't lie, they tried to create a hype around it with by saying WoW had more than 5 million subscribers, it only ever had a maximum of 6 million for a couple of months and now it's lower than 5 million, and overpaying celebrities to give people the delusion that it's "really really cool and part of pop culture" (it's not).

The amount of proof you have provided is astounding, and as such, I would like you to have my babies.

You're right, it's just dying.

This really reminds me of this:

World of Warcraft announced: IT'S ALIIIVE!

Patch 1.1.0: WoW is DYING.

Patch 1.2.0: WOW is DYING.

Battlegrounds are added to the game: WoW is DYING.

Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza released: WoW is DYING.

Corrupted Blood pandemic: WoW is DYING, LITERALLY. THIS IS PROBABLY THE ONLY TIME IT ACTUALLY WAS DYING!

World of Warcraft is featured in a question on the game show Jeopardy: Wow is DYING.

BC is announced, not released: WoW is DYING.

Gates of Ahn'Qiraj event begins: WOW is DYING.

Cross-Realm Battlegrounds: WOW is DYING, NOW WITH NEW NAMES AND PEOPLE.

PvP Arenas and Resilience: Wow is DYING IN A CLOSED-WALL CAGE ARENA WWE STYLE.

Burning Crusade released: WoW is DYING.

Dishonorable kills removed from the game: WoW is DYING.

World of Warcraft gets to 10 million subscribers globally: World of Warcraft is DYING.

Achievements, Barbershop added to the game: WoW is DYING.

Wrath of the Lich King released: WoW is DYING DYING DYING DYING, DEATH EVERYWHERE. EVERYONE IS UNDEAD, SEE? WOW IS DEAD!. (Pre-event was just complaints, no one said much about it dying.)

Dual Talent Specialization: WoW is DYING.

A player begins exploiting a accidentally given GM item named Martin's Fury, he gets multiple World First achievements for his guild and people begin complaining the game is now easy mode and weak. And of course DYING. (He is later banned from the game permanently.)

Instance Lock Extension: WoW is DYING.

Faction Change service offered: WoW is DYING.

Onyxia's Lair revamped to level 80: WoW is DYING.

Announcement that all World of Warcraft accounts must be merged with Battle.net accounts: WoW is DYING.

Race Change service offered: WoW is DYING. But now you can DIE AS A BLOOD ELF.

WoW's Fith anniversary, also reaching somewhere over 11 million subscriptions: WoW is DYING.

Cross-Server Instance grouping: WoW is DYING.

The Lich King encounter is implemented: WoW is DYING.

The random battleground system is implemented, marks of honor removed: WoW is DYING.

Real ID is implemented: WoW is DYING.

Blizzard announces their intention to have Real ID names visible when posting on the official forums. Humongous *****-storm ensues. WoW is labelled dead a bit too.

TITAN is announced: Blizzard is now abandoning WoW since they realize it is DYING.

The first in-game events leading up into the Cataclysm expansion begin: WoW is DYING.

World of Warcraft reaches 12 million players: WoW IS DYIIIIING!

World of Warcraft Cataclysm cinematic trailer released during a football game between Dallas Cowboys/Minnesota Vikings. Where will you be when the Cataclysm begins?: Wow IS DYING.

Patch 4.0.3a The Shattering all of Azeroth is forever re-shaped, Old World content removed and revamped, previously unusable class-race combos released: WoW is DYING.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm released, Worgen and goblins, Archeaology, Level cap to 85, no new world but multiple previously unreachable zones are now added: WoW is DYING.

Blizzard files complaints with the online service PayPal in an effort to make payment difficult for gold sellers: WoW is DYING.

Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub return as level 85 5-player heroics: WoW is DYING.

Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest added, Firelands released: WoW is DYING.

Trial accounts no longer expire: WoW IS DYING.

Blizzard purges hackers, exploiters,known Gold Selling accounts, and multiple other illegal accounts from the playerbase to make gameplay more enjoyable,the subscription count dips by 600k approx in the process. Subscribers dip back down to 11 million. Patch 4.3 and Transmogrification are also announced shortly after, a customization tool that has been begged for, for years: WoW is STILL DYING, ANY DAY NOW.

Tier 13 armor screenshots are released, a new Armor Designer had been hired and the newest armor has a new spin on appearances that hasn't been seen since Vanilla: WOW IS DYING.

4.3 legendary daggers announced for ROGUES ONLY. And they give you WINGS. WoW is DYING but now it has a sponsorship with RED BULL!

PVP season 11 armor models are released, EVERYONE EVERYWHERE DIES OF EXCITEMENT: WoW is DYING, the entire playerbase OVERLOADED WITH JOY.

Looking for Raid announced for 4.3, with lower Ilvls and lack of achievements to allow easier transition into end-game content: WoW is DYING.

New 10$ pet announced on Blizzard pet store is Bind On Learn! People create mass conspiracy theories of Blizzard selling gold and mass hysteria ensues: WoW is DYING!

Blizzcon 2011, probably the most awesome one ever since the first one. WoW is DYING!

Mists of Pandaria announced! WoW is DYING! It's jumped the shark and DIED!

Pokemon-esque pet companion battle system announced. WoW is DYING!

Old Game models will be retrofitted with new character models and skeletons to keep pace with the new Worgen/Goblin/Pandaren models, they will try to resemble the original models as much as possible to keep people who are afraid of change safe from spa- I DON'T CARE, WoW IS DYING! DIDN'T YOU HEAR? PANDAS@!!1!!!

Blizzard gives WoW subscribers a FREE DIABLO 3 copy and TYRAEL'S CHARGER, and access to the next World of Warcraft expansion's beta. Well that's cool and all but WORLD OF WARCRAFT IS DYING.

Let's not forget all the WoW killers while we're at it. Warhammer so was going to kill WoW a few years ago. Rift was supposed to be the next big WoW killer. Yesterday I was on my hunter doing bgs and some guy in bg chat is postive that the new Star Wars The Old Republic is going to be the next WoW killer. Any other WoW killers out there? For some reason the names escape me.

Courtesy of: Sullie of Drenden.

(And lets not forget Age of Conan.)

Somehow, I just feel like these boards are attracting the most uninteresting riffraff off the WoW boards, who somehow feel like they have to be the biggest WoW critics in order to reduce their cognitive dissonance.

Yea, I'll go psychological on your *** all day.

But you're wrong. WoW isn't dead.
WoW been dieing for a while :rolleyes: (Compared to the way it was years back) anyway it wasnt just this MMO that is killing it, its been others Like Rift, LOTRO and such that helped its death, also what I heard that the new content that they been advertising for a while was really nothing so it pissed alot of hard core WoW boys off so I dont know, but this is what I heard from friends of mine that use to play WoW... Edited by Legolose

Fantasy is finished.

NUFF said...

SWTOR wins...

/applaud bioware!

Hmm. Funny you should say that because GW2 is on the horizon.