these patches are out of control

zaakkwylde

going down again?

Wow, LOL.

Why haven't we heard anything from BioWare since the front page website gloat on the 26th December? Nothing has updated, no news, no more gloating of incredible subscription numbers, nothing. Whats happening?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

well, you forum losers have fun trolling the forums. i'm gonna go enjoy my 2 hours of gametime before servers go down!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes because Bioware said what time exactly the patch is coming. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jaick

ITT people who have never played an MMO at launch ***** about the standard practices of MMOs at launch.

No one has ever released an MMO without bugs. To the best of my knowledge no one has ever released any game for a platform more advanced that Flash without any bugs. The differences are that in MMOs there is a LOT more game (more than any single player game has included so far, at least) and that they actually have the ability to fix those bugs over time.

so, it's smarter to release a new patch every 6 hours than to wait a week and post a 100mb patch? i HIGHLY doubt anything getting patched tonight is too crucial to wait another 3 days.

Patching an exploit.

No, thats not something that can just "wait".

i understand we're less than a month into launch, but seriously? servers are going down AGAIN tonight? i've patched 6 times in the past 48 hours.

my free first month might be the extent of my gametime if this **** keeps up

Six times? How often do you play?

same ppl that are upset about short down times, upset about multiple down times.

Well if you have a weekly downtime and lots of patches you have the Rift and WoW patching cycles together and that sucks.

Patching an exploit.

No, thats not something that can just "wait".

Actually it can. Game breaking bugs can't, everything else can.

Edited by Pyrolight

going down again?

Wow, LOL.

Why haven't we heard anything from BioWare since the front page website gloat on the 26th December? Nothing has updated, no news, no more gloating of incredible subscription numbers, nothing. Whats happening?

Uh...that's what the community forums are for?

You know I have my issues with this game, but really. If they don't patch people complain, if they do patch people complain.

They are going to have to fix issues, and it will require patches. Whether you like the game or not, whether you are staying or not, that is a simple truth of the matter.

I know addressing bugs is important, but what about pvp? A lot of players are going to cancel right about the time the free game time expires. I've already canceled. I'm just waiting for a statement of intent. Especially regarding fixing pvp. If not I'll play WoW just a little, and might buy Skyrim.

People aren't complaining that they are fixing bugs you morons.

They are complaining because the servers are down during their peak playtime hours.

Not everyone lives in EST/CST.

WHose peak hours is it? It can't be Euro because if you add 8 hours it would be roughly early morning. Austraillia isn't officially released for them yet so they don't matter at all because they are just on the EU or US servers. China doesn't have this game so. SO I ask whose peak hours is it?

Edited by Phoenixblight

i understand we're less than a month into launch, but seriously? servers are going down AGAIN tonight? i've patched 6 times in the past 48 hours.

You'll live.

A glib reply to someone who might have a legit complaint. Some players work late hours and can only be on in the middle of the night. The other night the servers went down at 1am (west coast server) and again last night, only for Bioware to announce another patch fix tonight.

Understandably, these issues need to be fixed so the game will run smoothly and bugs will be fixed. Also understood is that some people will complain no matter what; but consider that a good number of players who play when most of the rest of you are asleep in your beds at night can only be online during middle of the night hours US, and that includes Aussie players.

A good compromise would be to rotate the downtime so that it doesn't always occur at the same time.

LMAO!!!!

Welcome to MMO launch. This your first?

Be glad you weren't in WoW's launch, or by now, you wouldn't have been able to even PLAY for the next 30 days due to a network crash at Blizz's server farm.

Talk about being P.O.'d

OMG people, they've patched two days in a row!!!! And it's not even the weekend! That's it! I've had it! This game sucks and I'm going to quit! QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Seriously... yesterday wasn't even during normal playtime... it happened between

3am-5am CST.

Chill out. :cool:

Edited by Kashaan