The ANTI LFD and LFR tool thread!

sithlordcip

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It needs to be part of the game. Let the player decide if he wants to use it or turst in his fellow gamers to get a group without spamming in fleet wasting time. If you dont want the LFG que dont use it, dont punish those of us who play at odd times because you want a sense of community

This mentality is wrong: dont use it if you hate it, ok then how will I group if all the people will use it?

For the good of the community this dreaded tool must not be implemented, atleast not the wow one.

I agree that a tab would be nice , that shows what people are up for flashpoints and heroics but thats enough. From there you as a player in a community must TALK to others and ask them if they want to come

WoW exploded during the BC xpac, there was no LFD , no LFR, no EZ mode content.

WoW has been bleeding millions and millions of subs ever since they introduced LFD. It is garbage, the only people who like LFD are people with short attention spans who don't stay subb'd long anyways.

if bioware puts in cross server LFD, i will cancel immediately.

Most of the WOW sub loses are from Asia. I am not even sure they have LFG/LFR functionality in Asia.

I wish people would stop making stuff up. LFG/LFR/addons/etc are not the reason for sub losses in WOW.

This mentality is wrong: dont use it if you hate it, ok then how will I group if all the people will use it?

You can find a group with the rest of the "majority".

I wish people would stop making stuff up. LFG/LFR/addons/etc are not the reason for sub losses in WOW.

WoW subscription losses are due to whatever narrative the person who posts about them is trying to create.

Edited by Krabcakes

I disagree. A dungeon finder would not be cross-server. It would have a positive impact on on the community as people would not have to sit around spamming chat.

The fact that we do not even have server forums makes any comments about community laughable anyway.

Patience, we will, its still 3 weeks from launch.

I disagree. A dungeon finder would not be cross-server. It would have a positive impact on on the community as people would not have to sit around spamming chat.

The fact that we do not even have server forums makes any comments about community laughable anyway.

An expanded LFG tool would create community better than a queue would.

Queues never create community, they create anonymity.

I'm all for a very robust LFG tool. Just not queues.

Nothing that allows a player to just stand somewhere and push a button, get a group, kill bosses, get loots and requeue.

Eventually it's just a bunch of players on a loot treadmill. And yes, MMOs are already generally loot treadmills, but we should try to dampen that, not making it worse.

A community building tool should lead from groups to guilds.

Bioware, if they were smart, would make a big push to be pro-guild in SWTOR. Being in a close-knit guild makes an MMO infinitely more enjoyable and a lot of players miss out on that because they're not social and then they're given tools that allow them to remain unsocial.

Unfortunately, many modern MMO players have to kind of be forced out of their shell.

Well they need something. I'm on Fatman, almost always at least heavily populated, and I can rarely ever find a group for flashpoints as dps. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't sit around the Fleet all day spamming "LFG", and the the lfg comment hasn't gotten me any invites either.

As said, a LFG "TAB" would be fine. However, if you want to queue up to them like warzones simply think about this thought. How many friends have you made in a warzone, and how many have you made in a player built group flashpoint?

For the good of the community this dreaded tool must not be implemented, atleast not the wow one.

I agree that a tab would be nice , that shows what people are up for flashpoints and heroics but thats enough. From there you as a player in a community must TALK to others and ask them if they want to come

If I have an hour to play, I am not going to spend that hour sitting in the fleet or my appropriate level planet, spamming LFG for a flash point. I am going to hop in a queue and get it done expediently. This is not something that supports laziness, it supports people that are casual gamers and still want to experience the content.

De-Clench.

You wanna do a poll?

As you tend to show alot of confirmation bias, I would like to discuss exactly how you're going to write the poll. I wouldent put it past you to say:

Check here if you are awesome and want no LFD tools, since this game is great already

vs

Check here if you like wow more and smell bad.

If the poll was unbiased and included the most popular positions seen on the forums, I would be all about it.

Example:

Check here if the current system implemented is sufficient.

Check here if you would prefer a non-cue based dungeon tools suite

check here if you would prefer a dungeon cue that does not teleport and only pulls from local server

Check here if you would like the wow style cross server intstaporting cue system

An expanded LFG tool would create community better than a queue would.

Queues never create community, they create anonymity.

I'm all for a very robust LFG tool. Just not queues.

Nothing that allows a player to just stand somewhere and push a button, get a group, kill bosses, get loots and requeue.

Eventually it's just a bunch of players on a loot treadmill. And yes, MMOs are already generally loot treadmills, but we should try to dampen that, not making it worse.

A community building tool should lead from groups to guilds.

Bioware, if they were smart, would make a big push to be pro-guild in SWTOR. Being in a close-knit guild makes an MMO infinitely more enjoyable and a lot of players miss out on that because they're not social and then they're given tools that allow them to remain unsocial.

Unfortunately, many modern MMO players have to kind of be forced out of their shell.

What he said!

Well they need something. I'm on Fatman, almost always at least heavily populated, and I can rarely ever find a group for flashpoints as dps. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't sit around the Fleet all day spamming "LFG", and the the lfg comment hasn't gotten me any invites either.

If your the only one up there right now looking for a group then don't spam "LFG" say instead "LFM" (Your building the group.) You will gain groups very quickly. My maximum LFG time has been about and hour. My maximum MAKING a group time has only been around 15.

This is a thread meant to show Bioware that the majority of players DO NOT want LFD or LFR tools even if they arent cross server because it has a huge impact on the community not only server but as a whole.

I srsly do not get why people started whining so much about this lately? Its not something that if you don't have you can't play the game properly.

I found groups and started groups for heroics 2/4 and flashpoint myself asking in the general chat .

Word of advice : DONT BE LAZY! And ask in the general chat and you will find people, sure it might take awhile sometimes but at least the spirit of the community will be kept alive.

Look what happened to WoW because of it ( again, the no cross server argument is invalid) - no more wpvp ( yes ganking at summoning stones was still considered pvp on pvp servers) and people turning jerks.

GET A GROUP YOURSELF and the satisfaction for finishing a flashpoint will be higher, you will get to know those players and eventually add them to your friends list.

Discuss!

Why do people always use the above reasons against a LFD tool? They are not true.

1. The WoW community sucked BEFORE LFG.

2. Having a LFD tool will allow people to go out and do dailies, etc. This PROMOTES World PvP since not everyone is sitting around in their fleet spamming for a group.

3. Again, this does nothing to the community. Read the forums and you already have people complaining about ninjas. I go into the fleet and it is already filled with trolls.

4. You tell people to stop being lazy? How about YOU stop being lazy. You want people to be forced and funneled into a single chat area so you can make friends. I have plenty of friends in-game. I'd rather have the convenience of being able to do other things while waiting for a group to form. If you get someone from your server in your group, guess what? You can still add them to your friends list!

5. You don't have to use it if you don't want. Nothing stops you from sitting in fleet and spamming for a group just as if the system didn't exist.

If I have an hour to play, I am not going to spend that hour sitting in the fleet or my appropriate level planet, spamming LFG for a flash point. I am going to hop in a queue and get it done expediently. This is not something that supports laziness, it supports people that are casual gamers and still want to experience the content.

De-Clench.

Get a guild ! Simple, ask there

We should definitely get rid of that dreadful automatic-PVP group forming tool too. I mean, it's identical to LFD, only for PvP.

It'd clearly be community building to spend an hour or so spamming in general chat to get a group of 8 people together, and then walk over to the entrance to the warzone together, rather than having some community-breaking tool do it for you.

I don't care what they do as long as they don't expand the comment in the /who window.

I think it would remove the sense of mystery from the game if you could see more than the first few characters of the LFG comment.

DPS LFG fo...

That problem will never go away. Healing and especially tanking right now are always going to be inherently harder, therefore less people playing them. You're a DPS. Sad to say, you're a dime a dozen. You (dps) are needed to finish the instance, yes, but you (Endual) particularly are not needed. Theres hundreds of you out there. I'm sure Bioware will meet in the middle on this subject and give us a local-realm only LFG tab of some sort, but expecting instant groups as a DPS character in a game that isn't 2 weeks old... Well, no offense but that's delusional.

Edited by mattdell

De-Clench.

You do realize that most flashpoints are Hour and a half runs with the appropriate group and the correct level?

Why do people always use the above reasons against a LFD tool? They are not true.

1. The WoW community sucked BEFORE LFG.

2. Having a LFD tool will allow people to go out and do dailies, etc. This PROMOTES World PvP since not everyone is sitting around in their fleet spamming for a group.

3. Again, this does nothing to the community. Read the forums and you already have people complaining about ninjas. I go into the fleet and it is already filled with trolls.

4. You tell people to stop being lazy? How about YOU stop being lazy. You want people to be forced and funneled into a single chat area so you can make friends. I have plenty of friends in-game. I'd rather have the convenience of being able to do other things while waiting for a group to form. If you get someone from your server in your group, guess what? You can still add them to your friends list!

5. You don't have to use it if you don't want. Nothing stops you from sitting in fleet and spamming for a group just as if the system didn't exist.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the wow community started to rot after they introduced LFG, the WOW players know this

At least create a server wide LFG chat channel.

This simply doesn't work. It becomes a global chat channel. I can then see, like I did the other night while playing, a character named NewtGringrich talking incessantly about the female anatomy and it's like more often and in greater volume.

Queues are better.

I could have sworn I saw something kind of similar in ToR. You can set a comment, LFG and it will flag you to the top of the list. I can go in, see who is LFG, and then whisper them if I desired to do so. This way, I wasn't spamming chat. I just wished everyone noticed it's there to use....:rolleyes:

Sorry to burst your bubble but the wow community started to rot after they introduced LFG, the WOW players know this

Sorry to burst your bubble, it sucked before and after LFG. I am a WoW player and played since friends and family alpha. People ninja'd before LFD, and they ninja'd after LFD. Nothing changed.