The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why do you hate Vette?

Belarrasus

3) She bugs Quinn. If Quinn can smell a rat, so can I.

Now that's a bit ironic isn't it?

Myself, I don't really mind Vette. She did fine up until I got Jaesa, after that it's all ship and missions baby. Throughout act 1 I liked to think of it as how Gandalf described hobbits in Return of the King. Something along the lines of "every wizard should have a hobbit at his side to keep him on the ground" or something like that. With my angry Sith thing going on, she would provide some distraction every once in a while.

Since act 2 however, it's chaotic evil all day long. Hello, mr. NPC, can't tell me anything of use? Well too bad, enjoy a choke. You just told me something of extreme use? Well too bad, now I don't need you anymore.

Gotta love letting go of morals from time to time.

Plus, going by more pragmatic logic, even though I was astonished how fast Vette can drop mobs, once I turned off unnecessary **** on Jaesa's bar, I can jump in and roll face while she wreaks havoc all around.

Edited by gibmachine

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the life of me I can't think why people find Vette amusing/funny. She has said maybe one or two things that gave me the vaguest of smiles but otherwise I just find her input irritating, and apparently her 'humour' is supposed to be her main selling point. I really wish you could just kill her. I thought keeping her collar on with my second warrior would make her a little more entertaining but even shocking her isn't fun anymore because after a while she just stops caring. The stupid girl couldn't even give me that much. I hate Vette.

I see your point in this. Makes me remember how much I hated Carver; little pr**k. But imo Vette is still better than that wannabe T3-M4 the Jedi Knight gets....plus think of her as the spiritual reincarnation of

Vette is annoying, but always hilarious...which Carver kinda wasn't.

Same weapons, same personality, even the same voice actress, so duh. I like to rile the purists up ingame and tell them my LS SW is romancing Mission Vao's descendant.

The general majority of players pick Sith classes or Empire faction to be evil however, likewise with the general majority of players picking Republic/Jedi to be good. Now that doesn't mean absolutely everyone is that way, but as far as design decisions go you want to include the general majority, hence why the first companion is a tanking class for Inquisitors, and why warriors get a ranged DPS to complement them, and a healer immediately after. So, the majority of Sith players will likely want to play an evil character. Although I guess at the same time Vette can also serve very well as the abused slave for the sadistic Sith Warrior..But if you liked her as a companion, why would you shock her repeatedly?

I'm a Dark Side Sith at Dark III

However, I pick light side enough that I would have Light Side II if not for my Dark Side choices. I am not a Gray Sith, but I have a bright shade of blue hidden beneath the red.

Vette is my wife. Wanted Jaesa at first, but I found that Jaesa was protesting my decisions more than Vette, and she ONLY fits the pure Chaotic Evil sith. My Juggernaut is more Lawful Evil, keeps his word and honors worthy foes, but crushes cowards, abhors racists (as a Sith Pureblood no less) and never forgives a backstabber. I realize I would have been better off with Lightside Jaesa.

The real answer here is that if you are a pure chaotic evil sith, of course you're going to hate Vette, she's not meant to be the companion for a Chaotic Evil. The companion you will love is going to be Darkside Jaesa, who is nothing but pure chaos and evil.

Vette doesn't hate all Darkside options, however, and if your character is a sarcastic wise guy who likes credits and stands up for himself, she'll love you enough to forgive your dark side choices. She even starts to like your "raaar I am sith fear me" thing, so long as you can keep it under control and know when it's appropriate.

"Alright! Back to Sith business! Grr!" was the point I knew she was a keeper.

V: "Me and my buddy the Sith. No one'll pick on me at school!"

Me: "Let me be the Dark Lord of Revenge -- you can just be Vette."

V: "Deal."

Me: "I behaved myself through that whole thing!"

V: "I'm very proud of you."

Me: "On the Vette weird scale, I give it a three."

V: "On the Sith Joke scale... huh, I guess we don't have one. We'll work one up later."

Edited by Vid-szhite

I think if you have read 'Deceived' then you are probably going to see where they are taking an option for that story to progress.

Its a very unnatural relationship between vette and your sith lord, that could possibly end much like Malgus's did. She weakens him, and one day he might just realise it. Its great to have a character like vette in the story though because it provides a form of contradiction to the otherwise one dimensional Sith.

Personally, i treat her like a slave girl, end of story.

• 1 month later...

The next time I hear Vette say, "That was brutal. I better check and make sure I still have all of my parts I'm going to use my lightsaber and slive offr an arm so she has something to b***h about. Or, worse... "If I die I'm going to haunt you!" Just plain stupidness.

That girl is the worst "goodie two shoes" in the whole companion universe and the very worse possible choice for a Sith Lord.

Edited by Sequiturian

I find Vette to be hilariously entertaining. My Sith Marauder is a 'born again Revanite', dual-wields red/blue sabers. He mocks authority and the ineptness of the Empire. He's a self-styled 'rock-star' of the Sith, spreading his name and his iconoclasm across the galaxy.

Vette fits right in. I had her nearly maxed affection by 35th level without buying any gifts at all. She and I have a hilarious time mocking Baras and his impotent rage.

Quinn is the only sour note on our ship of love and frivolity. Even Pierce fits in better than Quinn. We all quietly talk about Quinn behind his back.

Also, Vette isn't completely 'lightside' either. Most of my nearly 800 DS points have been met with approval from Vette. From Taking cash from corrupt Imperials to slaying Vash, all has been met with approval from Vette.

i picked Vette over Jaesa , i love her personality and story + i can fully trust her to die fighting alongside me, on the other hand DS Jaesa....i think she eventually would end up in Lady Gratham`s shoes from Dormun Kass, i mean sith will be sith and she will turn on you in the end, be sure to lock the door at night:rolleyes:

I think if you have read 'Deceived' then you are probably going to see where they are taking an option for that story to progress.

Its a very unnatural relationship between vette and your sith lord, that could possibly end much like Malgus's did. She weakens him, and one day he might just realise it. Its great to have a character like vette in the story though because it provides a form of contradiction to the otherwise one dimensional Sith.

Personally, i treat her like a slave girl, end of story.

Yeah, but Malgus wasn't really that big of a Lightsider. Especially, since he was known to punish/kill failures and

was quickly willing to kill his followers, that were flying around and working for him on the space station during The Red Reaper.

Just to make a point no less.

The title is the question, after seeing how everyone really bags on this companion I was just wondering...why?

Personally, I like her companion quest/storyline. She is my second-favorite companion, second to Pierce (crudeness is epic). I wonder why eveyone even prefers darkside sadistic pyscho-witch Jaesa to her as a romance option. I mean unless you're into that :tran_smile:

I don't hate Vette. She cracks me up. :D

Vette is a beast. Most people might not think to turn on all of her abilities early in the game. With that said, Vette has a good convo line and is extremely well written. When you get Vette geared out with good gear for your level as opposed to waiting for the quest handouts she really blows stuff up, hard. I just love when she lobs a grenade, it really cracks me up everytime at her "BOOM" and the smoking crater in the dirt. Vette is awesome hands down. Smart, cocky, and resourceful. Can't get better than that.

My first 50 was a female Jugg. I rolled a second one just so I could romance Vette.

Full of win. She cracks me up every time she laughs in combat. and I crack up every time I poke her and she responds with the "pervy sith" comment.

Only downside is I do feel like im kissing my sister at times. Jaesa may be psycho, but she also screams "inviting" at the same time. something about those sultry lips and pouty look...

...what were we talking about? oh yeah, Vette all they way!