Who did you promote, and why?

Brad-

Dorne.

Jorgan had done nothing but question my leadership and capability with a snide, condescending and sour attitude. Then I got Dorne. She knows Imperial procedure inside and out as well as being a much more consistent individual. Plus, he's a cat. They're naturally snide, condescending and sour.

Sidenote: If you keep Dorne well equipped and with some oranges drop in some enhancements for +power you will find she is a fantastic healer. Run her in her healing stance and uncheck all attacks. Use her carbon freeze if you need to. She healed me (at the time a 40 commando), my friend (40 vanguard) and his companion Jorgan on a Heroic 4.

She makes it so I can pretty much focus on pure DPS/Debuff as a Gunnery commando. I was CM up until we picked up Dorne. I respecced and haven't looked back.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I promoted Jorgan simply because I thought to myself who if I was captured would be flexible and he'd be able to bend to new situations easily where Elara would have issues adjusting and I don't think she would command the respect of Vic.

I promoted Dorne.

Story reason- Jorgan wanted the job because he thought it was his due. Dorne pointed out her service record as qualifying her for the role.

Gameplay Reason- As a Vanguard tanked spec her healing in invaluable and makes you almost unbeatable except against the toughest enemies. Since I had her with me the most I thought it best to promote her.

lastly, She is the only romance companion for the male Trooper.

Jorgan, because whoever you promoted...

will get injured later on and be not available for missions for a while after The Gauntlet. Dorne is too important to not be available if you are a vanguard on Belavis or Voss - you will get creamed

Also, lorewise, you should never promote someone you are having intimate relationship with and promote base on seniority and merit. Otherwise it is unprofessional. Lol.

Jorgan, because whoever you promoted...

will get injured later on and be not available for missions for a while after The Gauntlet. Dorne is too important to not be available if you are a vanguard on Belavis or Voss - you will get creamed

Also, lorewise, you should never promote someone you are having intimate relationship with and promote base on seniority and merit. Otherwise it is unprofessional. Lol.

That's odd.

I promoted Jorgan, but it was Dorne who got "injured" while I completed my class quest. Is it possible that she just always gets injured?

I wanted to promote Forex ... he's the only one who pulls his own weight. Of course, I am having intimate relations with him, but doesn't change the fact that he earned the promotion. :o

Edited by GoldSquadGirl

That's odd.

I promoted Jorgan, but it was Dorne who got "injured" while I completed my class quest. Is it possible that she just always gets injured?

I wanted to promote Forex ... he's the only one who pulls his own weight. Of course, I am having intimate relations with him, but doesn't change the fact that he earned the promotion. :o

Nah I think it is because...

Whoever is the team lead in the bridge assault party will have a chance to get injured. The XO always goes on the bridge assault party on Gauntlet. Therefore if you pick Dorne as XO or choose her as part of the bridge assault party, she may get injured.

I leave Dorne as a reserve

That seems to be the case anyways in both my playthroughs, so I think that's how it works.

Edited by aRtFuL

Jorgan

He has the necessary edge to lead, long term republic specforce experience and the guts to make the tough decisions.

Dorne is a bit to by-the-book and frankly to soft. Besides, as the units medic she´s got her hands full already, she doesn´t need leadership responsibilty aswell.

+ there is that romance thing going on ofc.

I like Dorne too, but I don´t think she´s special forces leadership material.

I´m mostly out in the field with Dorne actually and I think it´s fitting that she´s not the 2iC. From a roleplay PoV: One officer in the field and one back home (coordinating everything). Plus, we wouldn´t want a mishap knock out havoc squads entire leadership at once, now would we?

Edited by Darth_Floppinger

as i roleplay my trooper, i cant help but think of all those republic soldiers on taris who are only alive today, hopefully going home to their wifes and families, because dorne would not give up on them. She refused to accept leaving anyone behind. Ask any special forces soldier, you never never leave a man behind. also the fact that even in the face of continued ridicule from worthless superior officers, Dorne would not give up, would not accept defeat. that's the kind of spec forces leader any unit needs

Must be hard to role play as the good guy when your an "eveeeeeil" lawyer. Or is it surprisingly easy?

It is relatively easy. I get to be a a-hole in my real life, so playing to good guy is a nice change of pace. In that regard, I have been married 27 years, so I play my trroper as a womanizer, who always chooses the "flirt" option.

I ultimately chose Dorne. Jorgan seems a bit of a loose cannon, doing whatever he feels is best ... and that is my job. Having Dorne as my XO, her strengths compensate for my weaknesses, so we make a good team.

I did not start my relationship with her until after I promoted her ... but either way ... rules are made to be broken. [i roleplay him as a 40ish Trooper ... who was demoted right before the first scene and shipped out to Ord, for sleeping with his former CO's wife.]

Edited by Brad-

It is relatively easy. I get to be a a-hole in my real life, so playing to good guy is a nice change of pace. In that regard, I have been married 27 years, so I play my trroper as a womanizer, who always chooses the "flirt" option.

I ultimately chose Dorne. Jorgan seems a bit of a loose cannon, doing whatever he feels is best ... and that is my job. Having Dorne as my XO, her strengths compensate for my weaknesses, so we make a good team.

I did not start my relationship with her until after I promoted her ... but either way ... rules are made to be broken. [i roleplay him as a 40ish Trooper ... who was demoted right before the first scene and shipped out to Ord, for sleeping with his former CO's wife.]

Lol! I don't think you took what I said the wrong way but just in case I was just kidding with you. I actually have a few friends of the family that are attorneys and I give them grief for ***** and grins too.

And being married for 27 years, you must be a saint. I guess that marriage train jus isn't for me. Tried it, got the TShirt, and called it a day.

Edited by Hyfy

Jorgan. He got screwed when he got demoted in the beginning and stuck with the crew, showing great loyalty. He has the right personality for an XO.

Besides, you never give a woman everything she wants. They need to have something to complain about.

Edited by MartyMacGraves

Lol! I don't think you took what I said the wrong way but just in case I was just kidding with you. I actually have a few friends of the family that are attorneys and I give them grief for ***** and grins too..

Lol, no offense taken. I use my sig to poke fun at myself.

Jorgan's to much like me.....when I Grabed the Doctor of Ord Mandel and screwed the kids (dark side choice) he was all for it (+41). Or screwed the Duke and his family in the prison cell on Alderann, he thought that was okay.

I need someone that is strong where I'm weak to control my Dark Side and penchant for breaking the rules so the uptight wench gets the nod.

Wait I think I just role played the above post to much....

Edited by Anaerobe

was disappointed to see the post "Dorne, because I wanna stick it in her pooper" removed. That was really funny, and not really all that bad, right Bio? And others thought it was funny too, because the comments on the post are still there.

And yes, I promoted Dorne, because she has big cans.

Nah I think it is because...

Whoever is the team lead in the bridge assault party will have a chance to get injured. The XO always goes on the bridge assault party on Gauntlet. Therefore if you pick Dorne as XO or choose her as part of the bridge assault party, she may get injured.

I leave Dorne as a reserve

That seems to be the case anyways in both my playthroughs, so I think that's how it works.

promoted Jorgen also my pocket healer got injured anyways. this sucks since im a tank now i dont have my heals since she's "unavailable"

Not quite there yet, but question about this. If you promote Jorgan, do you not get the ability to romance Elara? (I have heard you can no longer romance her if you don't promote her) I ask b/c so far I believe Aric deserves it more. He does need to learn to chill out a bit, but he seems to be made for the role.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.