Banned for a stupid reason

ellywoood

You mean that you are lvl 50 and you chain kill people level 20 during their leveling ?

So it's a good job from Bioware ... They don't do this on Rift because no one plays this game and that there is no game master on their server because of their poor budget...

Edited by Qishari
quoted removed content

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No you didn't. This whole thread is a lie. You tried to gank a couple of people 10 levels beneath you but they destroyed you so you switched over to your opposite faction character to give them a piece of your mind, then you got suspended. Edited by Qishari
quoted removed content

If the facts are against you, then yes. Anyone can word a good complaint to get someone banned. That is assuming the person that they were attempting to get banned was killing them, then simulating having sex with their dead body. So yes, if placed into a situation like this, anyone can word a complaint in order to get another person banned. You stepped over the line. I would have expected a warning or a suspension. But, they strictly stuck to their TOS.

This is all I have to say on this matter.

Agree with this one, it would be incredibly lame if you would get banned for that.

Reason why not is pretty simple.

1: You can port to the medical center, it's your choice to use the medical probe

2: You roll on a PVP server, suck it up

3:You need a lot of imagination to even see TB in SWTOR.

4: Ganking lowbees is not harassment , I do it all the time in warfronts.

They got no skill points and are pretty much dead meat the moment I start attacking them.

Edit:

If you're honestly getting upset because you get ganked, why on earth roll on a PVP server.

Ganking some one that is fighting mobs is harassment as well.

Besides back in WOW I've cat humped a few times and well it actually got a giggle out of me.

Edited by TheHauntingBard

Harassment is. If they feel that this person was harassing by ganking low levels etc then it is harassment.

that's not what I asked. that's a general term, he was specific.

additionally, have you read the fine print in relation to PvP servers, from Bioware?

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

no he got banned because he CONSTANTLY killed the same grp of LOWBIES (they cant' fight back) ....

this isnt' PVP, this is harashment

WRONG!!! (Caps for emphasis)

That is PvP on a PvP server. There are NO rules in PvP on a PvP server. If you cannot handle that, there are literally DOZENS of other servers you can plan on without having that be an issue.

If all you were doing was ganking them, and not griefing them, then the Ban is total weak sauce. Very sorry to hear about this. OPvP needs more love, not less. Treating players like this without warning them first is no bueno. Edited by Qishari
quoted inappropriate content

its a pvp server if you dont like it go on a pve server not ban other pvp players

Are you that stupid to believe that he is actually telling the truth? November 2011...please tell me that you came from WoW cause your kind seems to infest that kind of game mostly.

that's not what I asked. that's a general term, he was specific.

additionally, have you read the fine print in relation to PvP servers, from Bioware?

I don't really care if that's not what you thought you asked. Harassment is the key word here. If by ganking he was harassing people then it's a bannable office and good riddance.

ganking isn't against the rules, but corpse camping, which i'm sure is what the OP was doing, is.

camping is part of the pvp server experience

i dont gank, i dont camp. i dont really take part in world pvp

but the best part about a pvp server is when someone get on their mid lvl toon and ganks your lowbie a couple times, you bring in your main and camp them until they rage quit.

its the experience, and if you need to inspect someone in world pvp to make sure that it will be a close fight before you kill them, well they might as well not even have pvp servers

Edited by Qishari
quoted inappropriate content

Correct. You have given three examples of harassment.

Wrong.

Really, I am using that word a lot in this thread. There is a lot of wrong here. People that want PvP to happen on their terms. That is what War Zones are for. If you can't handle some of the seedier aspects of PvP, you have the option of playing on a non-PvP server or growing a thicker skin.

WRONG!!! (Caps for emphasis)

That is PvP on a PvP server. There are NO rules in PvP on a PvP server. If you cannot handle that, there are literally DOZENS of other servers you can plan on without having that be an issue.

I get that you don't want there to be PvP rules on a PvP server.

There are.

"It is you who are wrong. About a great many things."

Listen, the OP was not banned for Ganking, that is simply ridiculous. He was banned for sitting on his face then most likely saying something very inappropriate in the say channel.

LOLOLOL ^^^^^ Oh boohoo ROFL - he said something 'inappropriate' and sat on their face? shock horror!! welcome to PVP!!! thanks for the laughs.

Bioware makes it quite clear to pvp players that they are joining a particular type of server. Ganking is part of pvp. The very nature of a pvp server means that the players are opened to a degree of harassment that is greater than that of a pve server. The level discrepancy is of a secondary nature. The player was engaging them in combat. That is legal. Distatsteful that he stacked the cards, but legal. They agreed to this part of the game. They acknowledged that they would be open to continuing assault throughout the game process... Its PVP. Furthermore, it does not prevent them from playing the game. There are multiple quests in multiple areas they could do, instead of confronting the ganker. They could have recruited help to kill him. Is this harrassment? Yes, you are technically correct, it is. However, it is a degree of harassment allowed by the TOS. IT is a degree of harassment that they should have expected.

Now, what got him banned was the sexual component.

no he got banned because he CONSTANTLY killed the same grp of LOWBIES (they cant' fight back) ....

this isnt' PVP, this is harashment

PVP resolution is to ask ones mates to go round and give him a slap. Like you do IRL :)

"issues that can be resolved with pvp are not considered harrassment and will not be dealt with as such"-Bioware (loading screen regarding PvP servers)

solution: gather friends and kill him and/or find something else in another area to do.

otherwise, roll on a PvE server. the only harassment in this scenario is people bugging GM's because the feigned victims mistakenly chose the wrong server, apparently.

There is no such thing as harrasement on a PVP server.

The lowbies could easily go elsewhere if they wanted.

Bioware should be ashamed if the OP is telling the truth. Too many carebears playing PVP nowadays - its pathetic.

If you want to talk about pathetic, it's pathetic to gank lowbies, on a continued bases. Gank them once or twice, sure it happens. But if that's all a person does for hours just to annoy people and prevent their progress? Yeah... pathetic.

I got banned yesterday on my account for ganking this group of lowbies and repeatedly sitting on them. I am on a pvp server and they said it was harassment, but back in rift I did this thing all the time. I mean it's a pvp server it's what I do also. I love this game but I have never been treated this way before by any company I blame EA.

I just confirmed with our Terms of Service department: you have never been banned.

Please be reminded that this type of discussion is not tolerated in these forums. And for those of you reading this, please be wary of posts from people that claim that they have been actioned upon.

Thanks!

Edited by Qishari
removed quoted inappropriate content