Servers Up Very Early! But Why...

Alohen

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess if they finish early next week, they should just leave the server down for the remainder of the allotted time.

Well my Point is, They have stated 8 hour maintenance players expect 8 hours, so this is perfect time for them to try and test out ways to fix the bigger bugs and instead they finish 2.5 hour into maintenance with more bugs than before.

RAGE, ARRGH, RAGE, ARGH ARGH ARRGH

Oh wait, they forecast 8 hours downtime and like all good Sci-Fi engineers they have achieved WHAT WE ALL WANTED quicker than expected. And yet people complain, it is our right as (in general) members of a democratic society that we may complain whenever we want. Trouble is it usually doesn't actually achieve anything.

Now to be fair it would seem some of the patch hasn't been implemented, and once again some peoplle are calling for blood. Lord knows why. While the lack of communication from the dev's/CS team is a little disappointing i'm sure it will be coming. Just my imo though, has it occured to anyone that the graphics fix was dropped from this patch as they were having problems integrating it? It's happened before in a number of other games i've played, DaoC and WAR are the first 2 which spring to mind.

Chillax people and be greatful that we are able to play the game in the first place. My condolences to those having login probs, unfortunately I can get in fine but then I do have my graphics settings down fairly low.

Okay, so the OP isn't QQing because the servers came up too soon, he's QQing that they came up too soon when there's still a lot left to fix. Big difference? No.

Anyway, the OP seems to be under the assumption that BW has a long list of fixes just sitting there, waiting for maintenance so they can be patched in and since maintenance was short today, they screwed up and could have implemented so many things but they just didn't. This is why they say "never assume, because it makes an *** out of u and me."

If that's too hard to understand, I'll spell it out: Just because there's a lot to fix doesn't mean they've got fixes ready for it all. Just because there's a time set aside from maintenance doesn't mean they're going to use it all or even that they can use it all. Stop QQing about anything and everything that they do.

Edited by dreadpirateandy

Well my Point is, They have stated 8 hour maintenance players expect 8 hours, so this is perfect time for them to try and test out ways to fix the bigger bugs and instead they finish 2.5 hour into maintenance with more bugs than before.

Where is your evidence about more bugs than before?

Have you ever in your life finished anything earlier than expected? Did you simply sit there looking into space until you reached the allotted time? Or did you move onto the next thing?

Then don't post dribble.

They have taken ages so far? ... um the game has been live for 2 weeks. If that is ages I would hate to see what a month feels like.

But to answer your issue developing fixes takes a lot of time.... you even acknowledged that in a previous post... yet you go on to contradict yourself yet again.

So, before you keep complaining or whatever you think you are doing, do yourself a favor and spend 10 minutes reading this

Theres so many bugs that have been in Beta that have still not been addressed, you cannot deny this. Theyve released the game in bad condition, they were rushed by EA apparently. I'm personally not being afflicted by any bugs, I have friends that are and You cannot deny that a proffessional gaming company should have the bigger problems as priorities and shouldnt take SO long to sort out. Continue insulting if you want Im not bothered.

Okay, so the OP isn't QQing because the servers came up too soon, he's QQing that they came up too soon when there's still a lot left to fix. Big difference? No.

Anyway, the OP seems to be under the assumption that BW has a long list of fixes just sitting there, waiting for maintenance so they can be patched in and since maintenance was short today, they screwed up and could have implemented so many things but they just didn't. This is why they say "never assume, because it makes an *** out of u and me."

If that's too hard to understand, I'll spell it out: Just because there's a lot to fix doesn't mean they've got fixes ready for it all. Just because there's a time set aside from maintenance doesn't mean they're going to use it all or even that they can use it all. Stop QQing about anything and everything that they do.

Right, so they took 2.5 hours when they originally thought they would take 8, so if they had extra time, they somehow were supposed to use the time they had allocated fixing other things...which is not really how patching software works. But whatever.

Theres so many bugs that have been in Beta that have still not been addressed, you cannot deny this. Theyve released the game in bad condition, they were rushed by EA apparently. I'm personally not being afflicted by any bugs, I have friends that are and You cannot deny that a proffessional gaming company should have the bigger problems as priorities and shouldnt take SO long to sort out. Continue insulting if you want Im not bothered.

No, I can deny that just fine. Because I don't make stupid assumptions with no evidence other than they're a professional gaming company.

Do you know what work goes into fixing bugs? No, you don't. Do you realize how difficult fixing bugs can be? No, you don't. Do you realize that trying to fix something can affect every other aspect of the game and just changing a few lines of code could screw up something major so some fixes that have minor effects in what you see as a player could have devastating effects behind the scenes? No, you don't. Do you realize that BW does have bigger problems as priorities and whatever you think should be a priority doesn't matter because you're not BW? No, you don't.

P.S. A texture bug is not game breaking. You may think so and your friends may think so, but it's not game breaking. That means it's not a "bigger problem" as you seem to think. Stop being so subjective.

They didnt fix high-res textures like the patch notes said. Everyone is still stuck with medium.

it is becoming SWLOLTOR . I really like this game alot. but i am becoming convinced BW is just in over their heads with a MMO . I dont think they have the right people leading the devolpment. they need a guy like Hartsman , that caliber of expierence right now i dont think anyone form mythic or Galaxies that is on their team has a clue of where to go with this game. if they dont act fast by next sub cycle people will just bleed back to WOW, Rift and the others.Textures are epicly bad as some of the other ambience featurse of the game, shallow mechanics and half baked idea's. but the game is a ton of fun and very good.

No, I can deny that just fine. Because I don't make stupid assumptions with no evidence other than they're a professional gaming company.

P.S. A texture bug is not game breaking. You may think so and your friends may think so, but it's not game breaking. That means it's not a "bigger problem" as you seem to think so. Stop being so subjective.

Im not on about the Texture bug lol, I was on about the FPS problem that a lot of my friends are having.

but If this shuts you up; I yield, I'm an Idiot and I wear womens clothes on weekends to cover my shame of posts on this forum.

Is that What you want to hear?

This is so silly, first it's omg 8 hours of downtime I am so rage, than its oh they got the game up but x y and z were not in the patch! There is always the option that maybe x, y and z were not ready but a b and c were. Why let a little logic get in the way of a good rant though. After all we all know what really is going on is the BW is sitting in their offices counting their money and lighting cigars with $100 dollar bills and devising new ways to troll us to see which idea can get the most hate threads. That's clearly what is happening.

This is so silly, first it's omg 8 hours of downtime I am so rage, than its oh they got the game up but x y and z were not in the patch! There is always the option that maybe x, y and z were not ready but a b and c were. Why let a little logic get in the way of a good rant though. After all we all know what really is going on is the BW is sitting in their offices counting their money and lighting cigars with $100 dollar bills and devising new ways to troll us to see which idea can get the most hate threads. That's clearly what is happening.

You have actually summed it Up Quite well there even though Its calling a few of us, QQers. I kind of agree now. They patched "What they could" and I should sort of look at the glass.. Not entirely empty. a few drops were added. Mmk

Edited by Alohen

I'd rather they stay down for 8 hours and they take care of actual problems though, surely they can't think That theres not much else to do for maintenance?

You do realize all the bug fixes and changes are written/made during the time between server maintenance. The servers go down to be patched... taking longer to patch the servers won't make it so that bugs that have yet to be re-coded/repaired are magically fixed.

This, they fixed 3 things and it took them 6 hours?

Lets wait till a huge content patch comes - the server will be down for days!

Great game Very poor Devolpment management. Its more proof you can make a medicore game but have a kick *** team and be highly successful. Rift is a perfect example very standard only stand outs was its class system and rifts. But its devolpment cycle is amazingly fast the dev team obliterates bugs and cranks out content ive never seen a MMO add as much stuff rift has in 9 months .

I dont see TOR following this path i think we are in for a very bumpy ride with its devopment post launch.

Im not on about the Texture bug lol, I was on about the FPS problem that a lot of my friends are having.

but If this shuts you up; I yield, I'm an Idiot and I wear womens clothes on weekends to cover my shame of posts on this forum.

Is that What you want to hear?

Do you know what work goes into fixing bugs? No, you don't. Do you realize how difficult fixing bugs can be? No, you don't. Do you realize that trying to fix something can affect every other aspect of the game and just changing a few lines of code could screw up something major so some fixes that have minor effects in what you see as a player could have devastating effects behind the scenes? No, you don't. Do you realize that BW has bigger problems as priorities and whatever you think should be a priority doesn't matter because you're not BW? No, you don't.

QQing because BW didn't patch what you think they should patch is stupid. You're not BW, you don't know what work is needed for that fix, you don't know what other fixes are more important, you don't know what the priorities are, you don't know a single thing about patching the game except what your friends have told you is the most important issue to them.

I brought up that I thought this 2.5 hour duration was too good to be true, and it Turns out it was, They barely solved anything and by the sounds of it, They caused more problems than before. So try to stop jumping to conclusions before reading the facts. Too many Impatient Children on here you say, You are so close to making yourself look stupid, by the fact you just havent read most of the responses on here.

I'm sorry, what is broken that wasn't already broken before this patch? What wasn't fixed, other than the graphics, that was mentioned in this patch? I experienced nothing but improvement ON THE FIXES MENTIONED IN THE PATCH.

I still stand by my original point. Prove me wrong with screenshots, physical proof. Until I see it for myself it's resolved.

are you people stupid?

if they had been 1 minute over the 8 hours the forums would have ERUPTED in bashing..

however they scheduled a full 8 hours for worst case scenario and got it done early and you are still GONNA COMPLAIN?

are you freaking SERIOUS?

****wtfBBQ.. today's generation..

I weep for the future of humanity.

ffs people moan when there down and moan when they come back up quick bioware cant *********** win

Hahahaha. My thoughts exactly.

But the OP is probably right. They likely couldn't execute something, and decided to cut the maintenance short.

But let's not speculate. Let's just be happy that the servers are up.

Edited by JediMasterShake

You do realize all the bug fixes and changes are written/made during the time between server maintenance. The servers go down to be patched... taking longer to patch the servers won't make it so that bugs that have yet to be re-coded/repaired are magically fixed.

Eeexactly

Hahahaha. My thoughts exactly.

But the OP is probably right. They likely couldn't execute something, and decided to cut the maintenance short.

But let's not speculate. Let's just be happy that the servers are up.

The back up guy called in sick so they couldn't back up your characters. Hope nothing serious goes wrong. (Bioware guys have their fingers crossed.) :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.