Servers Up Very Early! But Why...

Alohen

Is Anyone else Suspicious About this? I know I am, I'm at work and I've seen that the servers came up at 10:30 thismorning and I'm under the impression they didnt get what they estimated as 8 hours of maintenance in 2.5 hours.. Anyone else feel the same? Correct me if Im wrong please.

Edit: What I mean is, They are taking down the servers for 2.5 hours implementing SOME fixes and now theres almost more bugs than before the Servers went down.

Disclaimer for the Fanatics as It Seems I wasnt Clear:

This is Not Complaining about the Length of Downtime

From What other Threads and Posts have said, It Appears this Patch has Hurt many Peoples clients and made them unable to Log in for some time now.

Edited by Alohen

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Anyone else Suspicious About this? I know I am, I'm at work and I've seen that the servers came up at 10:30 thismorning and I'm under the impression they didnt get what they estimated as 8 hours of maintenance in 2.5 hours.. Anyone else feel the same? Correct me if Im wrong please.

They didnt fix high-res textures like the patch notes said. Everyone is still stuck with medium.

Have you seen how little fixes they are doing ? it may be that reason. :o

I'd rather they stay down for 8 hours and they take care of actual problems though, surely they can't think That theres not much else to do for maintenance?

Edited by Alohen

They didnt fix high-res textures like the patch notes said. Everyone is still stuck with medium.

Theres a lot of stuff they havent fixed it seems. Why cut it to 2.5 hours if theres so much to be done? I think they knew it was gonna be more than 8 hours if they went ahead so they thought theyd shorten it to suit us, if so, fair played but still.

It is kind of funny in a bad way. They have a 6 hours maintenance that goes over last week, and people scream at them. So this week, they are cautious with their estimate and overestimate by roughly 4 and a half hours, and people are creating conspiracy theories. I am starting to believe that blizzard hires employees to go onto other game's forums at launch and bash the games.

ffs people moan when there down and moan when they come back up quick bioware cant *********** win

People moan because some of the fixes promised in the patch notes, i. e.:

Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use.

Have not been implemented at all.

That's why DT was that short, they didn't include some of the key fixes that were announced.

People moan because some of the fixes promised in the patch notes, i. e.:

Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use.

Have not been implemented at all.

That's why DT was that short, they didn't include some of the key fixes that were announced.

Yes, it has. See my post above.

Theres a lot of stuff they havent fixed it seems. Why cut it to 2.5 hours if theres so much to be done?
What has finding and implementing (i.e. developing) a fix for some error to do with installing the latest (known as good) build to the live servers and do some database optimizing/cleaning/...?

-> Nothing.

Edited by Aiwan

Patch notes said nothing about HR textures nor any ingame graphical settings. Maybe you should read that line again.

Well it did say that they were fixing the indoor fps drop with shadows on and they didn't. BioWare has taken our chips and cashed out already. Now they are doing the minimum they have to in order to keep up and running. It's sad that we all waited years for this game and it's being ruined by the worst customer service by a gaming company known to man.

Yes, it has. See my post above.

Are you serious?

I quote you the line again, please read carefully:

My graphics settings are on "high", I still get "medium" textures.

Therefore, my settings are not consistent with actual settings in use.

It's not that hard to comprehend, the feature was simply not included.

Edited by Vastalee
removed and warned

Well doesn't this top it all off.

Yesterday people were complaining that the maintenance window was too long for the changes being implemented.

Bioware works their butt off and gets everything done in about two hours.

Now today everyone complains that the maintenance window was too short and they should have changed more things.

You really just can't make anyone happy these days.

Maybe it COULD take 8hours, and it got finished early? Why so suspicious :confused:

Yeah perhaps its just me, and to all those thinking I'm whining, believe me Im not, had I been at home I would have loved this, I'm not one to complain about a good thing, I just kind of see it to be a "Beware Greeks bearing Gifts" Type of thing. Too good to be true ;)

Are you serious?

I quote you the line again, please read carefully:

My graphics settings are on "high", I still get "medium" textures.

Therefore, my settings are not consistent with actual settings in use.

It's not that hard to comprehend, the feature was simply not included.

Now, unless you have something meaningful to contribute, I'd suggest you go be a fanboi somewhere else. Much appreciated.

Dammit man, READ. Your ingame settings have nothing to do with this update.