Forced to change my character name?

Spankyjnco

Spanky is against the general naming rules not because it's vulgar but because it's not rp-istic. BW is enforcing the naming rules on all servers, rp or not. The GMs don't scan for Darth Cockula or Lolpwner but if someone reports their names, the GMs do care about it.

i saw a person named sockpuppet, ok, if you are not on an rp realm you should be able to have what ever name, within reason, you want.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The more i look over these forums hoping to see some miracle patch info that will change my mind about playing the more i find this game is just being run by morons with no clue about game design and no comprehension about customer service & support.

Spanky is a perfectly acceptable name. They really need to fire these idiots.

Edited by ItsTheDale

The only way I see this being rectified is blowing it out of proportion. We should spread word to everyone in-game to start flagging every name that "isn't a name".

...which should be everyone online. Except for the occasional Jack or Jill. y'know... the real names.

:jawa_wink:

Edited by Bob-ombaFett

All this kind of stupidity does is make people want to play the game less and less.

I am not a fanboy, but I enjoy the game. I have had tons of problems...

My wife is still waiting for her product registration code from customer support.. 12 days now and they keep asking her for different items or telling her different things that do no pertain tot he original message...

Things like that really make me want to explode... but I am trying my best to keep civil until their customer service gets their heads out of their rear ends and does something correctly.

Can you elaborate what actually happens when you're asked to change your name? I'm currently waiting on a 1 week suspension for having an inapproriate name and contacting CS is futile when trying to find any information about the status of my account. Edited by seanyd

Maybe Spanky means something rude in Hindu, since EAware outsources all of their "customer service" to India.

I got an infraction today because I told a player he was lying, and asked if he was the Iraqi foreign defense minister.

An INFRACTION. And was it because I told a player he was lying? No. It was because I violated the forum policy on political discussion.

That's funny.

I hadn't even read this post when I posted what I said a few up :p

Yeah it is funny because Hindu is a religion, not a language. In addition to the halfwit you quoted, I bet you were like "Har Har, damn Hindu speakers. He made a funny."

It's called Hindi

EDIT: Now I see why the name was reported. These people are window-licking fools. OP, appeal, all things considered you'll probably get to keep it.

Edited by Shortwave

When i tried to log in, about 4 hours after the email came, it said that I had to change my name before logging in. Tthat's it.. so I changed it, then went and made a new character named Spanky to hold the name.

But how did you change your name before you logged in?

That may be so, but the email I got said that it was because the name WAS vulgar.

And there are so many non RP (im not on a rp server anyway) names it is unreal.

EvilJimbo

Supermann

ToeJam

Harley

The list goes on... and on...

Well you know they have nothing better to do you know like fix this dead game? What nonsense.

That name is not vulgar, and in my opinion there isn't a thing wrong with it. Unfortunately, it seems whoever handled your case has their mind in the gutter. I'm sorry, but let's be honest.

If we're being honest ... then there is a vulgar connotation with the word. Hence why you yourself state that the person had their mind in the gutter.

If the guy's name was Reginald, even people with their mind in the gutter wouldn't find anything wrong with it.

On my server there were two characters with somewhat questionable names.

******* and Pooing.

It was humorous at first, but then they both got Legacy.

Lord ******* Hard &

Lord Pooing Uncontrollably

Now if 'Spanky' is a problem, the above two must be a problem.

EDIT: Wow the vulgarity filter catches one of the names on here... But the name could be considered a synonym for the implication that 'Spanky' might carry :p

Edited by Scoaussie

Really? What is wrong with Spanky. You know how many Spanky, Spaanky, Spankie, Spankyy named characters there are in EVERY MMO... I have had the name spanky for over 15 years, and just recently Bioware tells me I have to change it? How dumb is this. I am already having horrible time w/ ANY type of CS I request, and now this? I received an Email stating something along the line of it being a Vulgar name... I have seen a million times worse.

Spanky is a cute name, jeez.

Devs, get this fool decision reversed!

Edited by lollie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.