From Fanboy to Unsub

Joejoegadget

Be quiet. This is an excuse used by every hardcore mmo fanboy. This is 2012 if you didn't know and the market is swarmed by all these mmos competing against each other(wait till GW2 and MoP comes out). Bioware thought it will be fine to charge $60 for an unfinished product and have players suffer during that 30 day free game time and then expect them to resubscribe...... not gonna happen.

Because all other MMO's have launched flawlessly right? And this isn't only directed at you but all of the people complaining. Give Bioware some time to deal with the bugs and improve the game. If the game is still buggy in 6 months, fine, quit or whatever but to unsub or quit withing 30 days of launch is just plain stupid. This game is incredible, and it will only get better with time.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone here play WoW back on day 1? 11/22?/04.

If you did, you'd remember bugs. You'd remember servers sooo poor, they were down for hours, sometimes days, for several times per week. In my first 90 days of WoW, I was given 22 free days of playtime, to make up for all the servers being out so often.

And the bugs...so many bugs...I'd start to list em, but just glance back at their patches 1.0 - 1.7 in the first year of the game, and if you have a few days, read down the bug lists.

Anyway, new to SWTOR, and left WoW a long time ago, not due to this. Only L29, not sure what I think of the game ultimately, but enjoying it so far.

But if people want to compare this with WoW, they should do so correctly, and match release issues. This game looks like a diamond compared to WoW's release.

Yes they were ill prepared for the huge flux of people that they got because no MMO has ever had such an amount of people, now in 2012 developers are prepared or should be at least for such things ESPECIALLY with the huge flux of MMOs out now, if they can not LEARN from the past they are doomed to repeat it and suffer for it.

Edited by Gunryu

Learn patience its been a few weeks and the MMORPG stands for massive multiplayer online Role Playing Game. massive means that just like WoW they have to work through and work out things.

If they were to do STORY AND full WoW add another year in development. World of warcraft which i played since 2005 WoW had time to develop.

LOL It's sad how consumer standards have gone way down. People don't mind paying for a unfinished product with the hopes of it being fixed later. Would you buy a car without an engine in it?

Look at what happened to Final Fantasy 14 - a company that I very much respected pushed an unfinished product and they lost so many subs that it went F2P until they fixed it. Greedy, greedy, greedy!

You have no idea what you're talking about and obviously have only seen one or two MMO launches.

Take your money where you wish.

I bet Bioware, EA, and their investors do.

they might but if you think they care about QQ threads on their forums thats laughable. they have plenty of metrics built in to measure their game and the survey most mmos have you take upon cancelling your account is much more valuable then someone singing their song of sorrow about how a video game wronged them.

Ok cya! Have fun in WoW, we won't miss you :D

This response is so dumb and getting dumber every single day, you might not miss the people that point out bugs and things needing to be added/removed but what about the quiet people who just leave because of THE SAME REASONS?!?! or the fact that if people leave it's less money to spend on updates and content? GW2 and MoP is coming out soon, what are you going to do when people leave because things are so buggy and lacking the most basic of features in an MMO?

I'd hate to work on an MMO; they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I agree completely.

I won't invalidate the OP, I can see some points - but i will say that I have been around the MMO world for a good while, and this launch has been very smooth as launches go.

I'm very pleased so far, warts and all. Experience teaches me patience. Hopefully the OP can come back in six months and have the game he expected.

This response is so dumb and getting dumber every single day, you might not miss the people that point out bugs and things needing to be added/removed but what about the quiet people who just leave because of THE SAME REASONS?!?! or the fact that if people leave it's less money to spend on updates and content? GW2 and MoP is coming out soon, what are you going to do when people leave because things are so buggy and lacking the most basic of features in an MMO?

People leave MMO's everyday,. it happens, we don't care why you leave SO STOP MAKING THESE POINTLESS THREADS.

they might but if you think they care about QQ threads on their forums thats laughable. they have plenty of metrics built in to measure their game and the survey most mmos have you take upon cancelling your account is much more valuable then someone singing their song of sorrow about how a video game wronged them.

Actually you will find most developers DO read the forums to get ideas of what people need and want in a game it isn't just about people leaving, you have people like me who point out bugs and things that need to be added/removed who still get flamed even tho I have stated numerous times I am giving them 2 months to see an improvement before I leave.

But hey, people with their head in the sand saying nothing is wrong and people should just shut up and play or leave THEY make this game so great they don't hurt it at all right?

Yes they were ill prepared for the huge flux of people that they got because no MMO has ever had such an amount of people, now in 2012 developers are prepared or should be at least for such things ESPECIALLY with the huge flux of MMOs out now, if they can not LEARN from the past they are doomed to repeat it and suffer for it.

Or, like that game, they will improve over time, draw more people in, and flourish.

People leave MMO's everyday,. it happens, we don't care why you leave SO STOP MAKING THESE POINTLESS THREADS.

If everyone on the forums who has posted at least once quit tomorrow it would only be a very very small percentage of the subscriber base. So while devs do take into consideration people's opinions on the forums its not the only (nor even the most important) avenue for feedback. Most people on the forums are of a certain demographic so while getting feedback from here is fine you cannot base anything off one demographic. I know people on the forums have this sense of being better or more worthy but really everyone's money is the same from the forum warrior to the newb who this is his first MMO.

You want a better endgame experience? Talk to a real girl...they exist...:eek:

Well besides the fact that this is the most unrelated post on this thread (which is saying something,) I've been seeing a girl for a couple of years now. Thanks for the advise though.

Or, like that game, they will improve over time, draw more people in, and flourish.

Which is what this game will do over the next year. I imagine threads like this will be non-existent in even a few months time once the fakery has ended.

See, you read my post, and interpreted it the way YOU wanted to. Which is fine, but let me explain. I talked about Huttball and faction imbalance because it is the only MMO that is same faction. This, in my opinion, was poor thinking from Bioware's part. Now, as an Empire PvP player, you get stuck with EvE Huttball 90% of the time. It's not "I want to do Warzones," it's "I want to do Huttball."

Also, I didn't bash this game. I criticized the end game. It's not an epic failure. It will be near impossible for me to level without Voice Over again. Most other leveling experiences will be a grind. However, I'm not going to pay for poor end game.

If you took your time and actually didnt spacebar mash thru the story you sooo love. You wouldnt be paying for endgame. Youd be paying for your steady rise to endgame. Congrats your apart of a minority of people who refuse to accept the reason they arent enjoying something is because of their impatience.

Which is what this game will do over the next year. I imagine threads like this will be non-existent in even a few months time once the fakery has ended.

Again I say...........

Like AoC, Aion, Rift and others did right?

The GW2 boards will look exactly the same, because all of you perfect MMO dragon chasing nomads will be calling for their heads on a silver plate, when they fail to live up to your expectations.

The question is; why are you still here if the game is so bad?

Never complained about Rift at launch----actually, I have NEVER visited their forums. Rift knew what they were doing.

I hope so, really I do. I'd love to see this game succeed, which part of the reason I made this thread. If this game gets fixed up, I'll be back. However, until then, I do not find this an enjoyable experience.

Actually you will find most developers DO read the forums to get ideas of what people need and want in a game it isn't just about people leaving, you have people like me who point out bugs and things that need to be added/removed who still get flamed even tho I have stated numerous times I am giving them 2 months to see an improvement before I leave.

But hey, people with their head in the sand saying nothing is wrong and people should just shut up and play or leave THEY make this game so great they don't hurt it at all right?

never said the dont read the forums, I know they take useful tips from customers. I mentioned QQ threads, which every game gets an abundance. Im all for constructive posts on things that can benefit the game, which this one isnt.