"Addons are stupid and WoW is easy."

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deliberately obtuse much? They are talking about the addon that adds up your item ratings for anyone to see and scream terribad your gearscore sux!

Raid Leaders were looking up PuGs in the armory far before gearscore existed. Not to mention that gearscore is a defunct system.

So you basically want healers to have to click two buttons each time they need to heal a different target. Interesting. Can we require DPSers to have to retarget their boss after each ability they use? Somehow, I think they would resent having to click twice for each of their abilities.

I hate using the F1 through F8 keys. They require me to remove my hand from the rest of my keybinds. The reason I use mouseover casting is so I can bind my heals to my additional mouse buttons. In WoW with Clique, this meant that I didn't even need to have my healing spells on my bars and could reduce the number of actionbars that I had on the screen. My heals were mapped to my mouse buttons.

I kept my other abilities on my primary hotkeys and often DPS'd during lulls in healing.

In Rift, I simply created a single macro for each heal that used a mouseover target rather than my selected target. I still had to have my heals out on my actionbars but it was still more enjoyable for me to heal than it is in TOR.

You can't seriously be trying to compare clicking a target or hitting an fkey and dropping a heal with the 20+ keybinds that a tank or dps has to constantly rotate through. Gee you got it so hard buddeh!

You can't seriously be trying to compare clicking a target or hitting an fkey and dropping a heal with the 20+ keybinds that a tank or dps has to constantly rotate through. Gee you got it so hard buddeh!

Good luck finding healers then, buddeh.

I've healed, tanked, and dps'd in other MMOs. Tanking can be stressful, but it doesn't require a 4 year degree to do it. Neither does healing or DPS'ing.

There is no reason to intentionally add frustration by requiring a healer to click each party/raid frame before clicking the heal button, every single time. That would be similar to you, as a tank, having to retarget your boss every time you go to hit your next tanky ability. That doesn't make sense, does it? Why would you have to retarget the boss every time you need to click your next attack?

Well guess what? it doesn't make sense that I have to manually target each party/raid member before casting a heal. I should be able to put the mouse cursor over them and click my heal buttons without changing my target.

Edited by Raeln

I've healed, tanked, and dps'd in other MMOs. Tanking can be stressful, but it doesn't require a 4 year degree to do it. Neither does healing or DPS'ing.

There is no reason to intentionally add frustration by requiring a healer to click each party/raid frame before clicking the heal button, every single time. That would be similar to you, as a tank, having to retarget your boss every time you go to hit your next tanky ability. That doesn't make sense, does it? Why would you have to retarget the boss every time you need to click your next attack?

Well guess what? it doesn't make sense that I have to manually target each party/raid member before casting a heal. I should be able to put the mouse cursor over them and click my heal buttons without changing my target.

You should be battling the content, not the UI.

Believe it or not, some people actually enjoy min/maxing their characters. Also, you use the term "casual" instead of "bad". Shame on you.

Shame on you for claiming there is a difference. There is a reasoin people like your are a minority.

If your mouse is over the frame already, why is it such a game breaker to have to click it?

That is what I am not understanding here.

I guess hitting tab afterwards to retarget the enemy is also ovewrwhelmingly difficult.

I could understand this kind of thinking if you were disabled in some way, missing the use of an arm or something, but seriously dude, its a convenience at best, not a must have.

If your mouse is over the frame already, why is it such a game breaker to have to click it?

That is what I am not understanding here.

I guess hitting tab afterwards to retarget the enemy is also ovewrwhelmingly difficult.

I could understand this kind of thinking if you were disabled in some way, missing the use of an arm or something, but seriously dude, its a convenience at best, not a must have.

It's a useless action, and useless actions add up.

Edited by Velthome

It's a useless action, and useless actions add up.

Not really; What else are you going to do while you're on global or waiting for a castbar?

I'm exceedingly pro-addon, but the fuss people are making over click casting is horrendously disproportionate to how important it actually is.

That is why they don't want them. They enjoy the playstyle of being bad and not caring. They enjoy just bumbling around and pressing whatever buttons they feel like because the attack or spell looks neat. They want a game where the difficulty is balanced around them being able to do so.

They don't want a game that has addons because not only does the game difficulty become balanced around people using those addons to perform their job better, but the other players also now have the tools to see how bad these people really are, and now they aren't getting their free ride through content anymore.

Ok I am not on any side of the addon argument but you really are stupid for judging people like that, I never play with addons in WoW and was a hardcore raider till I got this game

Where's your heroic -anything- kill?

WoWs heroic endgame is still one of the most difficult challenges in the gaming world. SWTOR is pathetic in comparison. However, in terms of questing and solo play, SWTOR is much more challenging and I feel you really learn how to play your class to it's SOLO potential through doing the difficult elite story quests.

Also, no addons/customizing? Watch this game go the way of AoC in a few months. If you are truly a casual player, THEN WHY DO YOU CARE IF HARDCORE GAMERS USE ADDONS. How does someone elses customization ruin YOUR play?

If you say because they harass you for being bad by linking meters, I have bad news for you. You are actually bad, and someone pointed it out to you after carrying you through that content.

Get a load of this troll, Ive was apart of hardcore raiding guilds from BC through to Cata and to be completely honest after bc the whole game was "pathetic" in comparison to Swtor. Claiming that wow is hard is that stupidest thing I have ever heard and I work in retail so thats saying something.

Get a load of this troll, Ive was apart of hardcore raiding guilds from BC through to Cata and to be completely honest after bc the whole game was "pathetic" in comparison to Swtor. Claiming that wow is hard is that stupidest thing I have ever heard and I work in retail so thats saying something.

While I do think the OP is full of crap I have to mention like the above post that compare the fights now to 99.9% of BC encounters mechanics wise and you will see which is really harder. The only reason it may seem easy is because of how the players progress and as the game changes classes get new abilities talent changes etc. If we had only BC abilities and spells now it would literally be impossible to do anything

Not really; What else are you going to do while you're on global or waiting for a castbar?

I'm exceedingly pro-addon, but the fuss people are making over click casting is horrendously disproportionate to how important it actually is.

I need to over-inflate things here to convince people how addons are useful contributions to a game.

Then again, if they're only for quality of life, they'll ask why we cannot live without them, and if they're as useful as I described, then people'll say they make the game easy.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Edited by Velthome

Statistically speaking, less people killed heroic Ragnaros than they did Illidan. I am not counting SWP because it was only available for a short amount of time before WOTLK hit, and M'uru was bugged to near impossibility for almost the entirety of the raids relevance.

Statistics do not lie, look them up.

That is why they don't want them. They enjoy the playstyle of being bad and not caring. They enjoy just bumbling around and pressing whatever buttons they feel like because the attack or spell looks neat. They want a game where the difficulty is balanced around them being able to do so.

They don't want a game that has addons because not only does the game difficulty become balanced around people using those addons to perform their job better, but the other players also now have the tools to see how bad these people really are, and now they aren't getting their free ride through content anymore.

Not everyone..

I want addons, I want to tell if someone is being terrible.

Statistically speaking, less people killed heroic Ragnaros than they did Illidan. I am not counting SWP because it was only available for a short amount of time before WOTLK hit, and M'uru was bugged to near impossibility for almost the entirety of the raids relevance.

There is a difference between being bugged to 'near impossibility' and being tuned to the point that absolute perfection was a necessity for killing the boss.

Pre-nerf/PTR M'uru was tuned to the point that a near flawless performance was required from every player (especially healers) in order to kill the boss (does this:

look 'bugged' to you compared to this:
). When I think of "bugged to near impossibility" fights like pre-nerf Vashj (and the fact that nihilum actually banged their heads against the wall long enough to kill her...) and pre-nerf C'thun come to mind.

I stopped playing 3 years ago, so I have no idea what the new heroic Rags is/was like, but I (along with almost everyone else I played with in DnT) would say that M'uru was the single hardest, legitimately killable (I don't consider bosses like this: http://www.dtguilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2283 to be legitimately killable) boss released in World of Warcraft until my departure from the game, and judging from what others who have continued playing have said, I tend to doubt that any other encounter released post-TBC has been as demanding of perfection.

Anywho, the way I see it discounting Sunwell, especially pre-nerf Sunwell, and especially pre-nerf M'uru, would be akin to discounting vanilla Naxx or the Lich King.

Amen

The Ammich antiaddons crowd never even got past entry raiding for the simple reason that they couldn't keep up or they were just plain bad and didn't care to improve.

ADDons exist to make your role BETTER at what it does, what these people want is for everybody to be just as bad as them so they don't get discriminated against.

:D

If you're already good, then you don't need an addon. If you're bad, having an addon won't make you any better. Did you learn nothing from years of gearscore dolts in full tier armor who couldn't find their butts if they were sitting on them?

This just goes to show that you have not a single clue what you are talking about.

Heroic Ragnaros was THE HARDEST encounter ever implemented into the game. You can't even deny that.

THAT is the single most load of crap ever. Heroic Ragnaros is E-Z. WoW was best in Vanilla. Then BC came with space gypsies and feminine remakes of night elves. Raiding was fine. On to WotLK. Wrath was fine with death knights. It was new and fun. He was right. Ulduar truly was the last great raid. As an Arms Warrior, Frost Death Knight, and Survival Hunter, I got critiscm left n right about how my talent builds sucked. I did better than all those lousy excuses for a hardcore raid guild every time. Finally, Cata. BLIZZARD, YOU HAVE TO BE F****** KIDDING!! This is 5-year-old crap! The raids are a joke, Heroic Firelands was terribly easy, and then came Deathwing. That ended my WoW career. I was done. I preordered SWTOR. I was in the beta. I rose up and conquered all my DPS meters in WoW. My BEST DPS meters. Blizzard gave me enough crap with Deathwing, the single easiest encounter ever. They just remade the last part with Al'Akir mechanics. WoW will fall one day. And that day is soon.

On another note, save your fake, "WoW is pure pwnage" crap for that lousy excuse for an expansion's forums. Curse all you fail raiders did to the game. Curse you all

If you're already good, then you don't need an addon. If you're bad, having an addon won't make you any better. Did you learn nothing from years of gearscore dolts in full tier armor who couldn't find their butts if they were sitting on them?

Amen, brother. Give me back Vanilla WoW with my Dreadnaught gear and the corrupted Ashbringer. That would make my day

How come my raiding guild crushed Heroic Ragnaros about 4 times in 1 day cuz we were bored? How come we 10 manned Heroic Ragnaros on Heroic 25 man?

Statistics do lie, because mostly people ever spend enough time on Argent Dawn U.S.