What grade would you give Bioware today?

Zolaz

F-

1. Never told us when we'd get access. 1000's of fans took today off work and school and for what? To sit around all day hoping to get an invite that never came.

2. Only gave access to the first 6 days of pre-orders. They have 150 more days to go.

3. The Bioware team calls it quits at 2pm CST and heads home for the night.

4. All current available servers have been XP pvp exploited.

5 All current servers except one are "Light" or "standard" population, and those lucky enough to get in game, can't find groups because the entire world is mostly empty.

6. Crappy UI

7. No combat log

I'll play my first 30 free days then I'm done with Bioware forever.

It's like Ford. My dad bought a brand new Ford Tempo in 1989. The thing was the biggest piece of junk you'd ever seen.

I will never, ever buy a Ford because of that.

No combat log, PERFECT design. This is a game for gamers, not POWERGamers. I am sure you will be much happier elsewhere. Then again, you may like the different pace.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give Bioware a C. I don't like the combat since it feels like WoW. I don't like the gear treadmill. The quests are fun. The community looks like a WoW transplant which happens when you make a clone. However, the forum whining is pretty epic and creates a lot of fun trolling opportunities. Griefing in this game will most likely be a lot of fun due to the crappy community.

People who think that this game is having a smooth launch obviously didnt play Rift during it's launch. There were absolutely no complaints about people not being able to play (aside from the random small bug that effected an extremely tiny minority). This is not a smooth launch. If it were going smoothly would the forums be overrun with the same complaint?

I have never heard so many people complain about the same thing before a game has even come out. I would say a C-. Mainly becaus they're doing their best but....it's not enough.

Rift still doesnt work on either of my systems. OH BTW both my PC and laptop run top end I7 CPU's and decent to top end Graphics yet they crash from apparent overheating which I dont get from any other Game or program. Its a well known messed up issue with that game. Crappy support from the company making it.

Overall a C. Fairly average with all things considered. The level and type of communication needs to change. The waves being all done within a short time in the morning needs to be explained why. The servers status page needs to give more info imo. Bioware needs to also post the time frame that each wave invited and if anyone that had preordered in that time frame didn't get invited they could go to support and get in cause they should have. I mean support must already be overwhelmed due to how vague the timeframe information is for invites.

This^ C-

If they're not going to explain it then they should be working on getting more players in. Watching metrics all after noon while we all know they could keep staggering people over 24 hours a day is what irks me.

Im sorry but is it so wrong to expect the same treatment as everyone else? Sounds like you sir are a bit biased. Either you're already playing or you really don't care. Some of us want to play so excuse us for being vocal about it. We had to wait the same amount of time as anyone else so why should someone else get more play time than myself or anyone else?

You get the same treatment as everyone else. First come first serve = FAIR. Deal with it, its a game.

F-

1. Never told us when we'd get access. 1000's of fans took today off work and school and for what? To sit around all day hoping to get an invite that never came.

2. Only gave access to the first 6 days of pre-orders. They have 150 more days to go.

3. The Bioware team calls it quits at 2pm CST and heads home for the night.

4. All current available servers have been XP pvp exploited.

5 All current servers except one are "Light" or "standard" population, and those lucky enough to get in game, can't find groups because the entire world is mostly empty.

6. Crappy UI

7. No combat log

I'll play my first 30 free days then I'm done with Bioware forever.

It's like Ford. My dad bought a brand new Ford Tempo in 1989. The thing was the biggest piece of junk you'd ever seen.

I will never, ever buy a Ford because of that.

1. They said from the very beginning that early access would be UP TO 5 days, and that people would be staggered in. They never waivered from this. YOU are the idiot that took time off, expecting something that was never promised to you. Learn to read next time.

2. They gave access to a variety of preorders. Some early, some late. Your speculation is just that, speculation. Not fact.

3. If you believe that, you are extremely stupid.

4. Yep, there's an exploit, but the level cap is still the level cap. XP is absolutely meaningless endgame.

5. Actually, the levelling areas are quite populated and finding groups takes only a few seconds at most.

6. Your opinion, not fact. The UI works quite well.

7. None needed, especially at this point in the game.

So if you had one bad pizza all pizza would be considered garbage? You are going to live a very boring, uninformed, and unfulfilled life. Have fun with that.

Rift still doesnt work on either of my systems. OH BTW both my PC and laptop run top end I7 CPU's and decent to top end Graphics yet they crash from apparent overheating which I dont get from any other Game or program. Its a well known messed up issue with that game. Crappy support from the company making it.

I said that there was an extremely small minority. Your GPU was probably the issue as it was probably not compatible. But we digress, This thread isnt about Rift it's about SWTOR.

F.

Horrible launch. Horrible customer support.

Brain washed troll fan boys running around saying it isn't launch lol.

I don't care if I get in tommorow, this is by far the worse game launch I have ever been in. No one wants to sit and wait for their access LOTTERY.

Instead of updating their site, they update Twitter and FaceBook, a third party site.

Really, I got better customer support on that horrible Crime Craft game.

Also, rewarding people Early Access because they rushed to pre order?...

What?

Edited by Tiaa

Bioware gets an A

The two extra days helps to ensure that all players will get the most out of their 5 days. This was smart decision. Had they not done this tommorrow would be the 3rd day of early access and alot of people would not be in before the 20th. Now everyone will get at least 2 or 3 days out of the 5 days advertised.

Not from all of us. I personally don't have a problem with how they are doing the early game access. What I do have a problem with is that I pre ordered and received an invalid code from Best Buy which was a supplier problem because Bioware/EA gave Best Buy invalid codes.

Now because of Biowares mistake I am not able to get early access based on the date of my pre order. Instead I have to wait. If I pre ordered in Dec I'd be happy with getting in later then others. However I pre ordered early the same time as others who are currently playing. So in comparing apples to apples I got ripped off compared to those that pre ordered the same time I did.

You get the same treatment as everyone else. First come first serve = FAIR. Deal with it, its a game.

You dont see the issue. That's like BioWare saying "because you pre-ordered in December you're not as important to us". Am I not a paying customer who pre-ordered? Why should someone have 3 days more access time than me just because they pre-ordered sooner than I did. That is not fair sir. Fair would be everyone having the same amount of early access regardless of pre-order date.

Let me get this rolling with a solid F.

Poor peformance. People on these forums dont seem to like Bioware at the moment, that is going to hurt you on your peer eval. Lack of Effort, put in a minority of the population today then decided to go home. Really ... you have some "team" working 24/7 and they are "busy" "working" right now? Come on, show some respect to people they have brains. You dont chill for 18 hours and say you are hard at work.

I hope Bioware tries harder in the future.

I'd give them an A. Leveling zones have been populated evenly to prevent camping for stuff. No server crashes, no lag, all the bugs I found in beta are fixed so far, 2 days of EGA time not originally promised in the advertisement. This is shaping up to be one of the smoothest launches ever.

It would be an A+ if the GTN had lots of content and the warzones were full of people, but that'll happen by the time EGA is over.

I will give them a C+

it would have been A+ since the game is the best MMO I've ever tried

the reasons are:

1. I feel cheated, I got the collectors edition because of early access and in-game items, now you can buy the in-game items no matter what copy of swtor you got (I think we can thank EA for that one)

I don't care about the fact that people can also buy the security key, it should have been included in all versions of the game

2. the early access system

they choose to give people access according to when they baught the game

personaly I couldn't afford the collectors edition, but I saved up for it, I'm being punished for not having enough money

they could have gone with who paid the most first, but that too would have been unfair

3. the explination of why they're not letting everyone in at the same time

first they say it's to monitor the servers, make sure they can handle it. I say that's what a stresstest is for

then they say it's so they can make sure the servers are populated equaly... are they telling people which servers they may access?

4. friends can't play together until everyone get an invite, which means they either have to wait, create a new character or play lower level content until their friend has caught-up

Stubbdog, read the main page of the forums under the article that on 13th of december claims the game has "launched"

Read before puking nonsense onto the forum, the game HAS launched.

Its called early access for a reason. They are being generous and giving you up to 7 days of free playtime before their game is even available for purchase. They are giving you something for free and everyone is just sticking their hands out and demanding more or they are a bad company. QQ less

Sounds like user error to me. Why is it Trions problem you over heat your computers? 99.99% of player's don't have that issue.

Like I said earlier my computer runs every game flawlessy every time. It's just a AMD quad 3.5ghz also. "Surely a I7 shouldn't have any trouble?"

The reality is I have been building my own for years now and I don't put "Happy smily face toolbar for Chrome" on my browsers and download free2play games from no name websites.

If you still have trouble playing RIfT that is user error period or your specific hardware is broke.

If bioware was in my high school class, id of done everything in my power to have them sent BACK a grade.

Complete lack of care for those who will make this game what it is, thats my bottem line, DONT **** WITH YOU OWN FANS, OR YOU WILL BECOME SW:WOW (In space) Of course.

And for the record bioware DID **** something very important to a lot of people up, The race to 50, in our respective guilds/servers/classes. I was really excited to drop my life for 2 days to win that race, between pvp exploiting, that more than likely WONT be fixed, and the waves of satan. Its not a big issue to many of you, but for some it is, its almost tradition to race for top level in EVERY single mmo since the dawn of the internet, that trend just got broken.