What grade would you give Bioware today?

Zolaz

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

solid F. Ive seen quite a few releases over the years and this is at the bottom

I am going for an F, but WAR Europan release was so much worse. It was so bad I cancelled my preorder. I hope this time they will not push me to get to that.

I am going to give them 2 days to grant me acccess to the game and then I am out.

THIS is the problem. This is a service industry. They serve US. Without us there is no game. Keeping your customers informed on things is just good business practice. Just an idea.

The Gov't serves us. They better be sending us our free checkz and free housez. Without us there is no gov't. Just an idea.

C-

I can live with the fact that early access didn't go my way. I ordered in Aug and didn't enter the code until Oct so thats on me.

What I find disugstipating is the lack of solid information. Rather than put an estimate out for access dates they choose to provide no information at all. Guess this is so no one can come back land say" You lied to the community derp derp".

They know how many people they INTEND to invite in each wave and the approx dates for each invite wave. How much simpler would it be to put that info out there and if it gets modified one way or the other so be it.

Not giving us any info and hiding behind the "we want to remain flexible" bs is not going to get an A imho.

So from what I am gathering.......F is given if you feel slighted.......A if your in, or understand that the game starts the 20th, and all this Early Access doesnt have to be here. But if they launch the 20th and cluster buck occurs cause no transition of players :), then F again for allowing a cluster buck to occur:)

Poor Bioware lol, I will say it time and time again. Bioware deserves Kudos to this point! Awesome game, will get better with age, and I wouldnt change my grade because I may or may not have to wait longer to play. Cause in reality, none of us need to be here, the start is the 20th, they are giving us a gift of early access, and at the same time securing a successfull launch all around:).

Let me sum up this thread, and every other thread regarding the launch thus far (and to come)....

"Well I am a mature adult, and even though I didn't get in yet, I can patiently wait for my turn. Anyone that disagrees is a whiny brat that expects to have everything exactly how they want it."

"I didn't get in, and it sucks. Anyone that likes this system of invites is either A)already in or B) a BW fanboi, both of which are morons."

There, saves about 60 pages of replies.

Well, at least you tried...

A+

Seriously, why are you blaming Bioware for not wanting to have 1000+ people all in the same starting areas waiting for 2 - 3 hours just to get out of the starting zones? The whole reason for the staggered launch was to minimize the wait time.

Bioware also said UP TO 5 DAYS.... well, they gave up UP TO 7 DAYS folks... The OFFICIAL game launch hasn't even started yet and all you people out there whining and complaining saying that the launch was a failure.. THERE ARE STILL 6 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH DATE!!! So suck it up, stop ************ and wait your damned turn to get in.

Sincerely,

Me!

Some people are complaining because they cant have it now.

Some people are complaining because others can do something they cant.

They deserve the scorn they are getting.

HOWEVER,...some people are complaining for legiimate reasons.

Bioware could have invited several waves through the night last night.

Some people play with friends, and when some got to start yesterday, and some wont get to start until tomorrow or later it will cause a gap in levels, with all the issues that entails.

They added a guild system so that entire guilds would be added into the game from the start,....but thats kinda pointless since the guild isnt getting into the game at the same time.........

Yes Bioware is getting some negative reactions they dont deserve,...but some it they do deserve for not thinking things through very well.

A+

Seriously, why are you blaming Bioware for not wanting to have 1000+ people all in the same starting areas waiting for 2 - 3 hours just to get out of the starting zones? The whole reason for the staggered launch was to minimize the wait time.

Bioware also said UP TO 5 DAYS.... well, they gave up UP TO 7 DAYS folks... The OFFICIAL game launch hasn't even started yet and all you people out there whining and complaining saying that the launch was a failure.. THERE ARE STILL 6 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH DATE!!! So suck it up, stop ************ and wait your damned turn to get in.

Sincerely,

Me!

An 18 hour gap in invites with low population servers is a failure. Just because you got in doesn't make it fine.

I would at the moment give them a B

1. I think the people that are complaining about not getting in immediately are more centered on themselves than the thinking about the overall picture. In MMO launches of the past, there have been many where everyone is thrown into the fire at one time and then the MMO sits there and crashes over and over for 2 days. What happens with those launches? They go down as "one of the worst MMO launches in history.". Can you really blame Bioware for wanting to try a different approach? As far as I know, the servers have been rock solid. Awesome!

Try to remember that we were told that if you pre-ordered that you would have up to 5 days early access. Bioware decided on how they would do the waves, that they would take it slow at first in order to ensure stable servers and due to the fact that they knew it would start off as a slow process, they bumped it up 2 days to account for it. Yet, instead of players being happy that they could get even earlier access from the 2 extra days, they complain. Personally, I am a Sept 24th user. I expect to go in tomorrow and I also expect by the end of tomorrow that aboug 70-80% of the players will be in. That is 5 days early access for about 80% of the pre-orders and the rest will probably get in with 4 days of early access... complain about that? seriously?

2. I also do not understand the complains about unfair advantage. Of what? Server firsts? that are not recorded... great. PVP ganking? Seriously? That is the huge reason you are so mad at Bioware, that you may get ganked one or two times cause someone else got in a day earlier than you?

3. Oh yea, we have those complaining about the PVP exp exploit. What are you complaining about? that it existed? or that others got to do it and not you since you are not in yet? If you are complaining cause it existed, bugs happen. There are exploits in WoW all of the dang time, the game will be fixed and it will go away. If you are complaining cause others got to do it and not you.. then, well that just speaks for itself.

4. Then there is the gripe that "I took vacation days and I did not get in". Wha??? The early invites were not even supposed to go out until tomorrow. So you took vacation 2 days earlier than the early invites were supposed to even go out originally? Whos fault is that? Now if you are basing it on the news that we would get those 2 extra days, it was also known at that point that the early access would be done in waves based on reg date. So again, whos fault is that for taking those days early?

5. I will be honest that I have heard one complaint that I believe to be somewhat of a legitimate complaint and that would be Names. We all have names we want to use and some of us have names that many of our friends know us by in other MMOs or just names that we have used for many many years. Those that received earlier access definately had the advantage when getting ahold of certain names that others may want to use. It would have been nice if at some point prior to the launch that they would have had some sort of way to pre-register names for certain servers. Maybe they could have done the guild assignments to servers a week earlier and then had some sort of event that allowed players to go in and select names. A set date and time so that everyone knew would it would be happening, then it would be a fair first come first serve.

6. I also do agree that their could have been a little more communication about how the process was going to work. I do not mean by just announcing that it would be done in waves, but giving a little bit more detail on their strategy and thoughts. Such as "the first day we will be starting off slow but if things go well we will be really ramping up the 2nd day", etc.. An announcment with their goals of where they wanted to be after the first day, the second day, etc would have been nice. I am pretty sure at this point when they walk way from this with lessons learned, that will be one of them.

Other than that, I think they have done a great job in the way they did this and I am excited for the possibilities of this game in the future.

A+

Smoothest MMO launch ever. The people giving low marks are just bitter because they didn't pre-order early enough. They never even promised 5 days early access, only "up to 5 days"

Even if they told people what time they will be let in they would still cry about it.

Edited by NasherUK

How can it possibly be F? Are you all insane?

They moved forward 2 DAYS EARLY! THERE NOT LATE TILL THE 15TH!

So stop throwing your toys out your pram, and wait.

You are right, but the 15th is tomorrow and at this very moment they have not granted admission to even half of the players who preordered. In Europe there is also the problem of missing hours of gameplay because Bioware Europe is useless and players receive their invitation based on US schedule.

I stick to my F which could beecome a C if they manage to let everybody in by tomorrow night. People who are giving any grade higher than C do not have any comprehension of what "Customer Service" stands for.

I agree with most of the people here in saying that it is a poor launch.

The staggered invites is a joke - they are afraid of buying too much server space and want to basically pinch pennies and use just enough so that the server is at MAX capabilities when everyone is invited. - THAT IS FAIL

The Early access allowed the first group of players to abuse a PVP system that should have already been bug reported in the beta test. Players were reaching level 30+ on a level 50 cap in the FIRST day of gametime. - THAT IS FAIL

IF they did decide to stagger invites then EVERYONE should have recieved an email stating their invite date and time so that we could prepare in real life. - Failure again.

IE - I Schedule the game AROUND real life - not real life around some gaming companies time schedule. THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE CONVENIANT FOR US NOT FOR THE GAMING COMPANY. Customer Service = FAILURE

2/3 budget being spent on voice acting that everyone will be skipping through IF they even decide to replay another character. This will eventually effect the bottom line because let's face it - even from a beta weekend many players are already skipping through voice acting scenes. - Fail Fail Fail

I appreciate that it's bioware however I wished they saved the voice acting for a game like Mass Effect Online instead of ruining star wars with it.

I would say "D". The waves of invites is just a terrible

idea, but instead of admitting that they're sticking to it out of pride.

Letting people in early, letting them exploit, and then letting in victims for them to grief is the one thing an MMO launch should never allow. Part of the charm of playing at lauch is that it's the one time when everyone is equal. Bioware destroyed that.