Bioware, You Want to Resuscitate This Game? Then Implement The Following.

Xugos

Really, cause I know at least eight. And these are the hardcore MMO-nerds that play every one that comes out. They don't go on forums, they speak with their wallets. And they are already done with this game.

I'm already cryin at the loss, man.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me help with saying:

THIS IS NOT WOW - QUIT TRYING TO TELL ME OR PEOPLE WHAT WE NEED.

Thanks.

Ok first of all calm down. Talking in cap and all red just make you look like a troll.

Second, how is wanting the good ideas from any mmo a bad idea? WoW or other wise?

Please give me a good reason. Think about it before you rage replay please.

Why doesn't the OP just say "I want 'the game that will not be named' with light sabers?

If you need a threat meter, your tanking is fail.

If you need mouseover clicking, your healing is fail.

They held your hand for so long that, now if they let go, you'd fall over.

Now this is not to say that some convenience factors wouldn't be nice; things like the GTN rework, but for brats to come in and 'demand' to have their collective hands held is... well, simultaneously predictable and pathetic.

Because the OP knows exactly what everyone in this game wants... right?

Seriously, shut your yap and play the game. Or don't. I don't care. They have the first content patch next month already. Why don't we just wait and see what happens before we start the hyperbole and melodrama?

Everything the OP has said is true.

Don't lie to yourself and pretend these issues aren't a major problem with the game.

Everything the OP has said is true.

Don't lie to yourself and pretend these issues aren't a major problem with the game.

These issues aren't a major problem with the game.

These issues are a major problem in your game.

This game is obvously not your game.

Now repeat.

I can see some of the things you said being worked on but don't forget its launch time still, its been 2 weeks since official launch now. I'm sure Bioware has some idea where they want the game to go, just give it time. Might take a few months to get the ball rolling but I think it will be worth the wait

Let me help with saying:

THIS IS NOT WOW - QUIT TRYING TO TELL ME OR PEOPLE WHAT WE NEED.

Thanks.

No offense, but to bash the OP's post like that only shows that you and other similar posts don't seem to have much MMO experience. If you played MMO's other than WoW, you would know that 90% of what the OP listed is not a WoW feature, it's a MMO feature. Please keep your WoW comments to yourself.

@ OP, I wholeheartedly agree with you, and I'm holding out hope that many of these issues will be fixed in some upcoming patches. There is one other thing you should add, and that's the camera distance. I HATE how close it is, and there needs to be an option to let you move your camera distance as far back as you can make it when on a taxi. Especially for PvP, it's infuriating not being able to see what's around you with the camera so close to your toon. Please for the love of god, fix that.

I stopped reading at chat bubbles since I find them to be incredibly annoying and breaking of immersion and just stupid.

That will be the immersion of playing ... a single player game? Lest other players' actions somehow interfere with your single player game experience?

This shows clearly how your idea of an MMO is a single player game.

I do not think the haters understand...

Almost everyone that has posted here agrees with the OP....why?

Because they are damn good ideas, sure some of them really are not needed but to most of us they are nice to have.

So far none of you have a given any good reasons as to why they are bad ideas. You guys just scream "if you want WoW go back to it" That is not what he wants.

I hope you guys understand that 99% of stuff wow has now came from the modding community and not blizzard or even WoW it self.

Really, cause I know at least eight. And these are the hardcore MMO-nerds that play every one that comes out. They don't go on forums, they speak with their wallets. And they are already done with this game.

Only 8? i want all hardcore nerds gone. They are the biggest bunch of losers on the face of the planet. People want to play for fun, not to have some knobend in a basement tell them they are not good enough because they dont have the cookie cutter armour and spec build. Good riddance to them.

The OP has several strong ideas. It's unfortunate that he presented them in such a way as to distract from their strength. Using the word "resuscitate" really undermined his case.

Nevertheless, I hope the dev team takes a peek at these requested features.

No offense, but to bash the OP's post like that only shows that you and other similar posts don't seem to have much MMO experience. If you played MMO's other than WoW, you would know that 90% of what the OP listed is not a WoW feature, it's a MMO feature. Please keep your WoW comments to yourself.

@ OP, I wholeheartedly agree with you, and I'm holding out hope that many of these issues will be fixed in some upcoming patches. There is one other thing you should add, and that's the camera distance. I HATE how close it is, and there needs to be an option to let you move your camera distance as far back as you can make it when on a taxi. Especially for PvP, it's infuriating not being able to see what's around you with the camera so close to your toon. Please for the love of god, fix that.

Sadly this is not true.... since the UO days and Raphs vision and then before that using BBS boards... to sadly play text based RP games on the worst modem you ever saw.

Now then, a LOT of what the op posted IS a WoW feature so staying true to the forums... and basing the fact that the majority of people here come from WoW, I used what the common game would be in place of the said MMO NAME.

So based on the average player here, they are comparing things to WoW so it was a easy scapegoat in that respect.

Now... I wish I had no MMO experience... lol Oh man do I. Being in this games beta for a year I can safely say I have seen a lot go down in this game.. let alone WoWs beta, SWGs Beta, a few others I would sadly admit to.

None the less... again... this person wants to CHANGE the game from the product it is for himself.

Not everyone thinks as desperate as he does.

From reading the list of OP...

Seems to me you want all the things that WOW has...

Well just go back to wow.

SW is great and hopefully BW wont make any changes for some time.

Game isnt een 1 month old and you want to change it ?

C´mon mate.. its a new game

Ok first of all calm down. Talking in cap and all red just make you look like a troll.

Second, how is wanting the good ideas from any mmo a bad idea? WoW or other wise?

Please give me a good reason. Think about it before you rage replay please.

The assumption that things that work in WoW would necessarily work in any other MMO is wrong, tho.

WoW's "shortcuts" (instance warping, cross server instancing, dual speccs etc) are absolutely functional within WoW, but they do work in it due to WoW's characterstics. WoW is a strongly instanced game that makes no use of the overworld anymore, that rejects the idea of traveling, that cares little to nothing about mood or immersion and favours instant gratification. It's quickly moving toward having any kind of interaction that isn't fighting or looting being handled through browsing instead of playing, and the community is fine with it, because non-instanced gameplay is terrible filler in WoW by today's standards, and the game is 90% about the process of looting.

SWTOR is NOT, in its strongest aspects, a loot based game. It's a strong component (as in any MMO) but SWTOR's distinctive elements (story, companions, even the grinds) play out rather differently than WoW's. The moment travel and exploration are removed from the game and we warp to zones from a menu, the game will lose a massive amount of appeal.

I do not think the haters understand...

Almost everyone that has posted here agrees with the OP....why?

Because they are damn good ideas, sure some of them really are not needed but to most of us they are nice to have.

So far none of you have a given any good reasons as to why they are bad ideas. You guys just scream "if you want WoW go back to it" That is not what he wants.

I hope you guys understand that 99% of stuff wow has now came from the modding community and not blizzard or even WoW it self.

Then maybe he shouldnt have tried to call peoples atention by using a thread title that sugests something that isnt true by any means? He is trolling, and thus people will troll him back. Wether some of the sugestions are good or not.

What people have to realise is simple: If you like the game you're playing now keep playing it. If you dont, there is no patch thats is gonna miraculously change your opinion, so dont expect anyone to care.

At this point if you're still here and want improvements were here to listen, but dont expect to be taken seriously when you're trying to blackmail the developer. Also, try to have realistic expectations.

Edited by Nemmar

I wssn't really aware that any resuscitation was needed.

As for me. I am playing a game that I enjoy, and love. Sure...there are bugs, but show me a major MMO - ever - that shipped without bugs.

The welcome message from Bioware that was issued on the same day the game was released left no doubt that Bioware is totally committed to this game, so no, OP: They don't really need to send a signal that they are committed.

Attention seeking posts are bad, mkay?!