how to cancel pre-order

Tiernandan

How do I cancel my pre-order? This cluster**** of a head-start is not something that I simply will take and brush off as a "noble" attempt to maintain server stability during your launch.

On a post i just read completely infuriated me that most people will likely get just (1) day head start?!?! I might as well not have pre-ordered if that is the case. Not only was this information not provided from the get go, it was not released until TODAY. Total horse sh*t

I do not care what excuses make you folks feel better, but the fact is I pre-orderd to participate in the HEAD START. I don't care about your influx in purchases or any other excuses you throw out to the community.

You have the numbers of pre-orders and you should have planned better, simple as that.

Its not my job to figure out how, but when you gloat to have such a successful last beta weekend, boasting the millions of hours players put in and the million+ players you saw through your doors. . . there is no excuse for this staggered start.

Tell me how to cancel my pre-order through EA

Huh, weird.... I've been playing all day with absolutely no issues.

Stop being mad. :D

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can hold off until the 15th then you should be ready to play. Stephen Reid stated recently that everyone should get in by the 15th. Although things aren't as clear now with whats been stated about "waves" and such - he did in fact say this either yesterday or the day before (so hopefully he sticks to his words).

You know what... you all need to be quiet... I pre-ordered mine in July, it's on my account I redeemed my code in July of 2011... Best Buy *kick* Screwed with my order and never contacted me to tell me their was a problem "oh our system sent the email"... I am not even sure my code will be accepted or if I will get my early access and I am a hard core fan of the game... I wanted the Collector's Edition now I will be lucky to find one at all... I can't even buy one from Bioware....Talk about fun fun for my holidays... yes I know i can buy the game... again.. yes I know I can redeem the code again.... I go back to the end of the line but you know what I am upset about...... I LOSE my Collector's Edition Thanks Best Buy CAnada.... much love *obscene gesture here*......

So Stop your cryin.... At least some you all get to play.... eventually....Now I have to find another vendor I actually want the Collector's.....

I don't see where all the hate comes from. The person asked how to cancel (because they did make it impossible without calling them it seems if its Origin), and the person stated why.

The OP wasn't out of line in any way or rude. Maybe the bad attitude is a little closer to home.

LOL yeah exactly! Many are wondering about this. Ask a simple question and the Fangirls attack!

Its ubsurd this conversation is still taking place. THE AD SAID UP TO 5 DAYS. No one ever told anyone that pre-ordering would get you 5 days early access. This was bound to happen. Millions of customers. 50 are sh*tting bricks because they broke thier f5 keys waiting for that email, and havent got it.

Take this into consideration. OTHER people have a situation FAR worse then your own.

Like mine for example. A month ago, i pre-order. Awesome. Still need to get a new graphics card so i can play with at least minumum settings. No problem. I go to BB a week ago and get a XFX Radeon 6770. Whoops! It reccomends a 450w psu or greater. Mine is 300w. I go to BB and get a 4550. WHOOOPS!! Motherboard PCI-E slot is dead and need to send it back to ASUS for replacement. Wont get it back untill Jan 2 2012. You hear that?! I wont be playing SWTOR till next F***ing year.

Stop your whinning and be happy you're even going to get to play.

hey i just asked a simple question. My pulse rate is 64 beats per minute..no flying off the handle here. im quite mature, an adult, with a family. Im just trying to gather what other peoples thoughts were, or what time frame of activation are they currently working on now...didnt need any troll or **** stirring comments.

Hm im more confused over why people actually are upset, they said UP to 5 days, and they started this 7 days before, so we arent at the 5 days yet, and if you live in europe the launch isnt until the 22, so for us it is 9 days a head if you got in the first day.

So what is actually the problem?

The OP asked 1 simple question and flamed about the pre order, althou they actually told how it was supposed to be. If you order late, then it can be just 1 day, or for the early ones. 5 days, now they have given more.

Do we want an Early access start like Rift? With 5-6 hour wait to get to an server you know the guild, friends are on?

Edited by Edvoli

OP is obviously just pi$$y because he cannot read English properly and ergo doesn't understand what was offered.

Never mind that the main reason you pre-order games is to ensure there is a hardcopy when you go and buy it on release day waiting for you, and ergo have no risk of being told to wait for another week or 2 while they get another order in.

Failthread is fail.....

I don't particularly like the way they're handling the launch. I've been part of quite a few betas, head starts and trials. This staggering is the lamest way to "ramp up" their servers. Its just sugar-coating that they're not ready for launch, end of story.

If you advertise a head start, it should be that. If on average everyone is only going to get 1 day, state that. I'm not asking for much in all honesty.

They want the pre-orders and they want my money. Its a business and I get that. But I am definately noticing very sad similarities between these folks and the "game that shall not be named" (WoW) woopsie. . . . Vague, nontransparent babble. . . I wish there was more honesty from the start. I am not impressed by ANY means.

I am not looking to cancel solely on the grounds of not being in the headstart which was outlined in the pre-order. I would like to have no further dealings with them (Bioware/EA) for their poor planning, poor customer service, poor communication and overall poor atmosphere.

You dont have to share my thoughts or ideas, I am just inquiring here in the customer service section for a way to cancel my pre-order.

...and if you HAD received early access already I'm sure you would be cancelling STILL right? All the problems you've had with Bioware surely couldn't be soothed by playing the game a few days early right? ;)

The Man In Black "I'm sorry you're just going to have to wait!'

Inigo Montoya "I hate waiting"

Edited by Jedifeet

I don't particularly like the way they're handling the launch. I've been part of quite a few betas, head starts and trials. This staggering is the lamest way to "ramp up" their servers. Its just sugar-coating that they're not ready for launch, end of story.

If you advertise a head start, it should be that. If on average everyone is only going to get 1 day, state that. I'm not asking for much in all honesty.

They want the pre-orders and they want my money. Its a business and I get that. But I am definately noticing very sad similarities between these folks and the "game that shall not be named" (WoW) woopsie. . . . Vague, nontransparent babble. . . I wish there was more honesty from the start. I am not impressed by ANY means.

I am not looking to cancel solely on the grounds of not being in the headstart which was outlined in the pre-order. I would like to have no further dealings with them (Bioware/EA) for their poor planning, poor customer service, poor communication and overall poor atmosphere.

You dont have to share my thoughts or ideas, I am just inquiring here in the customer service section for a way to cancel my pre-order.

I have to say after reading all your posts so far in here it seems that you are just vastly missinformed which is sad to see. I believe that the Pre-order cannot be cancelled since you have already applied the code to your account.

But on a side note. When They said when Pre-ordering you were going to have early access to the game. The never said how much time. They did say that based on when you placed your Pre-order and redeemed the code it would add to when your Early Access would start. So for saying that they werent honest from the start maybe its because you were not on the forums before Last Month to follow what many of us have been reading since we got here. THe Early Access Launch today was very nice. Servers were stable as all hell. was easy to pick up people for heroic quests. Warzones filled fast. Was a good day. A+++ from me Bioware.

Regardless the day he joined, if they offer a 5 day early game access without any further information he's on his toes to stand up for it as a scam.

Everyone payed the same amount of money for the early game access, there was no information or conditions comming along with it.

I don't have access either but I don't really care, still feel a bit "assaulted" especially with the lack of support by the customer service, forum devs and phone assistant which are inexistent.

they never said you are guaranteed 5 or 7 days early access, hell the add for pre order the game here on the homepage of this website says, preorder and you COULD get UPTO 5 days, not that you would. they said sense day one of preorders the sooner you redeem your code the sooner you get in.

How do I cancel my pre-order? This cluster**** of a head-start is not something that I simply will take and brush off as a "noble" attempt to maintain server stability during your launch.

On a post i just read completely infuriated me that most people will likely get just (1) day head start?!?! I might as well not have pre-ordered if that is the case. Not only was this information not provided from the get go, it was not released until TODAY. Total horse sh*t

I do not care what excuses make you folks feel better, but the fact is I pre-orderd to participate in the HEAD START. I don't care about your influx in purchases or any other excuses you throw out to the community.

You have the numbers of pre-orders and you should have planned better, simple as that.

Its not my job to figure out how, but when you gloat to have such a successful last beta weekend, boasting the millions of hours players put in and the million+ players you saw through your doors. . . there is no excuse for this staggered start.

Tell me how to cancel my pre-order through EA

If you had bothered to get your *** head out of your *** a bit sonner, im sure you could have taken advantage of the whole 7 days early access, causs you would then have know that the sooner you preorder the sooner you get access. Im guessing you didnt preorder untill very recently, and now you reap the fruits of your laziness.

I hope you never find a way to cancel your preorder.

Edited by Cbaoth

every email you was sent it will say at the bottom that you will get up2 5 days early game play... none of them say anything about 7 so why are you all not moaning until Thursday lmao..... and btw if you pre-order you will pay the same money in the end as buying it on the 20Th so hope you do cancel and when you go to the shop on 20th i hope they are sold out :p

every email you was sent it will say at the bottom that you will get up2 5 days early game play... none of them say anything about 7 so why are you all not moaning until Thursday lmao..... and btw if you pre-order you will pay the same money in the end as buying it on the 20Th so hope you do cancel and when you go to the shop on 20th i hope they are sold out :p

Lol..nice one mate, I totally agreee:).

honestly its not the fact that i can't start playing today that is bothering me its the anticipation and not knowing when i will get my email that is bothering me. I wish they would send me something in the email stating you will be able to start this day so i can stop trolling my email watching for every single email to pop up only for it to be nothing but junk orz ><

^

This.

'Nuff said

I just do not get the "but now there will be lv50 running around when am a noob" poke at this they are adding servers as and when they need to so if u want an even playing field look for one of the new sever they will be starting for all the non pre-order poeple and jump in there

BLA BLA BLA BLA!!

this is what i am reading on these forums because people are receiving a

Gift

i am so excited that we get to play the game before the relesase on the 20th of december. it means we all get a head start on people picking the game up after the release.

my assumption on these threads is that if someone bought the game next february, he should assume that he gets 2 months acces for free because he missed out the launch??? and what in about a year? thats not how the world works.

i suggest you go out for a while and experience the world.. Go TRAVEL!

MAY doesn't excuse the fact that they give us a SPECIFIC number of days that we MAY get to play....if thats the case it should be "you MAY get to play before its released" not "you MAY play up to 5(!!!) days early"

They have stated that every pre-order will be in the game before official release. So saying "You MAY get to play" is bologna. You WILL get to play, you may get up to 7 days. Perhaps not, but you will get to play.