how to cancel pre-order

Tiernandan

Regardless the day he joined, if they offer a 5 day early game access without any further information he's on his toes to stand up for it as a scam.

Everyone payed the same amount of money for the early game access, there was no information or conditions comming along with it.

I don't have access either but I don't really care, still feel a bit "assaulted" especially with the lack of support by the customer service, forum devs and phone assistant which are inexistent.

Actually, BW has always stated early access would be based on when you pre-ordered the game. As stated, You may get up to 7 days early access. That is not promising any early access at all, just saying you may get it. Anyone following this game closely saw that early access was based on when you pre-ordered. Which was why I got up at 3 am and put my order in the moment pre-orders went live.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And you're ok with that?

yes, because I'm mature enough to understand that I can't always get what I want. It's what's best for the community as a whole. Imagine how angry you'd be if they told you that you'd be able to play tomorrow but they found they'd over booked it so now you have to wait until thursday. Vs, Oh I guess I didn't get in today... I'll check back tomorrow.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. some one was posting earlier that it was false advertisement i merely stating that it was not. it is miss leading advertisement. It does happen a lot in today's world of business but that does not mean that customers are not lost because of it. sometimes the business can appease the customer after sometimes they can't. but as far as I'm concerned the game is worth the wait even if i may feel miss lead.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. some one was posting earlier that it was false advertisement i merely stating that it was not. it is miss leading advertisement. It does happen a lot in today's world of business but that does not mean that customers are not lost because of it. sometimes the business can appease the customer after sometimes they can't. but as far as I'm concerned the game is worth the wait even if i may feel miss lead.

ah sorry for sorta attacking you... this whole business is just silly. I've been waiting for years to play this game and people are just going to QQ and leave because what?!? they didn't get in on day -7 of launch? I can easily wait a week to get a stable playable experience.

How do I cancel my pre-order? This cluster**** of a head-start is not something that I simply will take and brush off as a "noble" attempt to maintain server stability during your launch.

On a post i just read completely infuriated me that most people will likely get just (1) day head start?!?! I might as well not have pre-ordered if that is the case. Not only was this information not provided from the get go, it was not released until TODAY. Total horse sh*t

I do not care what excuses make you folks feel better, but the fact is I pre-orderd to participate in the HEAD START. I don't care about your influx in purchases or any other excuses you throw out to the community.

You have the numbers of pre-orders and you should have planned better, simple as that.

Its not my job to figure out how, but when you gloat to have such a successful last beta weekend, boasting the millions of hours players put in and the million+ players you saw through your doors. . . there is no excuse for this staggered start.

Tell me how to cancel my pre-order through EA

refund him and let this crybaby run back to blizzard skirt

yes, because I'm mature enough to understand that I can't always get what I want. It's what's best for the community as a whole. Imagine how angry you'd be if they told you that you'd be able to play tomorrow but they found they'd over booked it so now you have to wait until thursday. Vs, Oh I guess I didn't get in today... I'll check back tomorrow.

they could literally take a **** down your throat and you would be ok with it huh.

Wow the guy wants to get rid of his pre-order because he is pissed, not the first or last person to rage about this. Also it is how he feels so he owns that feeling.

My question is why are all you guys whining and throwing nerd rage back at him for doing what he wants.

This is full of 2 groups here lately the nerd ragers who arent getting in and the nerd ragers who are upset at the others for nerd raging on thier game.

Man I feel like I am in Barrens chat again. Just amazing.

Wow the guy wants to get rid of his pre-order because he is pissed, not the first or last person to rage about this. Also it is how he feels so he owns that feeling.

My question is why are all you guys whining and throwing nerd rage back at him for doing what he wants.

This is full of 2 groups here lately the nerd ragers who arent getting in and the nerd ragers who are upset at the others for nerd raging on thier game.

the main problem is the logic of quitting a game he hasn't played because they didn't let him play it during the first waves. I can't be first in line... so I'm leaving the line?

I do believe that BW only was offering 5 day head start to those that pre-paid and if you check the calendar it is 7 days before for some not all. I strongly believe that by Thursday that those of us that signed up in the later months me included will be doing our bit in game. So everyone Chill Out or take a Pill or do whatever you do outside of computer gaming to relax. Your start-up email has most likely been qued up and will be coming to you in the next 24 to 48 hours.

So, I didn't read ALL of the posts. This being said, I hope I don't repeat all of what others have said. First off, the date you pre-ordered has NOTHING to do with when you'll have access. To quote what's on the actual page where you can pre-order;

"Early Game Access will begin on December 13th, 2011, seven days prior to the official launch. Starting December 13, 2011, invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox tied to your Star Wars: The Old Republic™ account!

To see if you are eligible to log in to the game for Early Game Access, log in to swtor.com and visit My Account > > Pre-Order."

So they're going by the order that people have redeemed their codes. If you haven't gotten it yet, then wait.

Me, I pre-ordered for the Color Stone. If I only get a day early access, so be it. A few days won't really make a difference to me.

As for the "up to" thing; it means exactly as it says. It's not "deliberately vague" or anything else. When you hear an ad for an exercise program that says you can lose "up to 70 pounds in the first month!" do you really believe that? It's not a scam, it's not vague. You just need to read carefully and understand what you're buying. If you get one second of early access, they've kept their end of the bargain. That's just how it is.

I'm not raging or directing any hate towards anyone here. Just explaining the simple logic that a lot of you already seem to get. And those of you who don't, well, that's why you need this post.

To remain on op's topic, if you want to cancel your purchase, you should contact Origin if that's who you bought it from. That's what I'd do. :/

Enjoy your game time everyone! I'm looking forward to seeing you all in there!

How do I cancel my pre-order? This cluster**** of a head-start is not something that I simply will take and brush off as a "noble" attempt to maintain server stability during your launch.

On a post i just read completely infuriated me that most people will likely get just (1) day head start?!?! I might as well not have pre-ordered if that is the case. Not only was this information not provided from the get go, it was not released until TODAY. Total horse sh*t

I do not care what excuses make you folks feel better, but the fact is I pre-orderd to participate in the HEAD START. I don't care about your influx in purchases or any other excuses you throw out to the community.

You have the numbers of pre-orders and you should have planned better, simple as that.

Its not my job to figure out how, but when you gloat to have such a successful last beta weekend, boasting the millions of hours players put in and the million+ players you saw through your doors. . . there is no excuse for this staggered start.

Tell me how to cancel my pre-order through EA

Your right, EA/BioWare do have the numbers and should of prepared the Amount of Servers up and running but they did extend it to 7 Days early instead of 5 so if you don't get in tommorow or tops on Thursday then you should request your Money back.

Possibly. I have a couple friends that ordered in the beginning of July that have not received their access yet. There is obviously a glitch somewhere in their system that is going to lead to poor customer satisfaction.

How could they have ordered at the "beginning of July" if preorders began on July 21?

there's that again, you might be ok with how the launch is going, but a lot of people aren't but i guess since YOU are ok with it, i guess that's all that matters.

I think people just ***** on forums to feel like their voices matter. Spoiler alert: Noone cares if you cancel your pre-order or not. You're just a tiny drop in a big bucket both on these forums and in RL. I'm done talking with children...

People that pre-ordered with in last month shouldn't cry/complain not getting in on first day, lol! I registered my pre-order Nov. 15th, sure I hope I get in as early as possible, everyone does. But I'll go on the record right now, I'll bet 90-100% all pre-orders will have more than 2 days of play time.

If they didnt have this early game access, I'd also be willing to bet, they would most likely have issues on the 20th. I'm hoping to play this game for many years to come, a few days early access isn't going to kill me either way.

Also keep in mind there is probably 1.5 million to 3 million pre-ordered games in the world, so I'm sure a lot of planning went into all their decisions up to this point. So i say Great job so far Bioware!! I really hope you keep at it, and continue making adjustments to the game as it progresses and do whats best for the game and its community

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randalan

the main problem is the logic of quitting a game he hasn't played because they didn't let him play it during the first waves. I can't be first in line... so I'm leaving the line?

I agree with you about his logic, it isnt the best but normally people get that way when they are upset about something.

I just don't get why so many are raging at him for feeling like he does. I mean how does someone raging back at him for what he said improve his logic any. Especially when all they are doing is raging also.

Props to those who are actually just stating something nicely to him about it though!

I just don't get why so many are raging at him for feeling like he does. I mean how does someone raging back at him for what he said improve his logic any. Especially when all they are doing is raging also.

You know why.

epeen.

nuff said. :D