how to cancel pre-order

Tiernandan

I joined in Dec, 2009 and my date changed to June 2011 or something. Something weird happened when they merged in Origin accounts I think.

So don't assume :)

I think he was referring to the thread starter, who has a join date of Nov 2011 (which would make it anywhere between 7 and 3 weeks). ;)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I preordered for the stuff I get with the deluxe edition... I could care less about the head start. I was under the assumption that I COULD get up to 5 (now 7) days of early access. Not that I WOULD. It was pretty clearly stated for me... I am more than happy to wait and possibly get 1 day of a head start. All the people complaining should try reading what is said a little better next time.

Invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox!

Even the advertisements on the from page say "You may receive up to 5 days early access". Not you WILL.

I'm not in the early access and I've been registered for this site since '08 and I pre ordered back in July. I ain't ******** bricks, just calm down and be happy they actually made this game. Christ.

Edited by FStatus

This is not entirely acturate. A large amount of people preorder the game in the first 72 hours, possible over 100,000 people base on my estimation. True most player who got in today did preorder in the first three days.

The only thing that is frustrating me is that the servers have all been "Light" load for the past 7 or so hours and they are only did a few rounds of invites over 6 hours in the past day. At least I assume that - I checked once 6 hours ago and once now.

Hopefully tomorrow will be more aggressive, because at the end of the day we are all going to be on these servers together anyway.

I think a lot of people didn't know or had no way to know there would be a staggered entry when they pre-ordered. The amount of time of the early access doesn't matter, so long as we can play together. The "up to" stuff everyone responds with has little bearing.

Part of the fun is leveling with your friends, and that is not going to be much of an option for many due to the way this is happening.

Regardless, the person wants to know how to cancel their order - so we should maybe help him/her. I think you have to actually call Origin if you purchased it through them. I was not able to find a way to cancel either.

Edited by ishandi

You do realize that these free days they might be giving you are days that you aren't paying for, right? That is to say, your billing isn't going to start till the 20th, regardless of when they let you in.

That means at the least you'll be getting 50 cents worth of play time for free. Think of all the moon pies you could buy with 50 cents. I would be greatful that they are giving you anything for free.

Does it matter some marketing lot lizard came up with "up to 5 days" as a bait to attract massive preorders? Sure.... Most folks wouldnt even bat an eye at that and assume it meant they would get 5 days of a head start to avoid jam packed levelling areas. That being said,..... Thats not what "Up to" means. Its one of those deliberately vague ambiguous terms Marketing pukes use to lure people in. I noticed it right form the git go and did not expect to get in early, If I see 1-2 days of early play i will be shocked. In reality folks "Up to 5 days" means the majority of us will see little if any early access. I have been burned by so many MMO's including Star Wars Galaxies that i always thruroughly read everyhting before pre-ordering..... Those who suffered throuygh the Fails of Obi-Wan know what im talking about, they had to give refunds on that peice of crap.

Bottom line, If you want to cancel, simply dispute the charge on your credit card or go back to your retailer and return it. Either way its not going to get you in the door any faster than Bio-ware is prepared to facilitate. Head Starts are rare in MMO's I have done a few head starts in my time, and thats coming from someone who has played online games since NWN was a text based rpg offered as a freebie in the old dial up AOL world. To those who choose to cancel, I am sorry you will be missing out on something pretty great. If you Digi-Download purchsed through Origin or another online retailer examine your invoice. You only got charged 5.00 as a "deposit" to secure your copy. Even as of today my [VISA] card shows a 5.00 charge to origin. I suspect the balance will be chraged on the 20th goes live.

Again folks, complainjing about not getting in on day 1 of early access, When they use language like "Up To" that means you might get 5 days or 1 or guess what NONE!" You were ultimately promised a "Chance" at getting in early not a Garunatee. Had they said " You will get 5 days of early access by pre-ordering" Ok now you have a valid arguement.

Syntax and word use is everyhting in contracts, trust me, i write them for a living. So cancel, stay, or pop a xanex... the game goes live in 7 days, Hope to see you all there.:cool:

++++ I am not the marketing puke who wrote the Bio-ware advertising nor am I an employee of any entity related to Lucas Arts, Bioware, EA, or Origin, that being said. Oppinions are like ***** holes everyone has one.

How do I cancel my pre-order? This cluster f*ck of a head-start is not something that I simply will take and brush off as a "noble" attempt to maintain server stability during your launch.

On a post i just read completely infuriated me that most people will likely get just (1) day head start?!?! I might as well not have pre-ordered if that is the case. Not only was this information not provided from the get go, it was not released until TODAY. Total horse sh*t

I do not care what excuses make you folks feel better, but the fact is I pre-orderd to participate in the HEAD START. I don't care about your influx in purchases or any other excuses you throw out to the community.

You have the numbers of pre-orders and you should have planned better, simple as that.

Its not my job to figure out how, but when you gloat to have such a successful last beta weekend, boasting the millions of hours players put in and the million+ players you saw through your doors. . . there is no excuse for this staggered start.

Tell me how to cancel my pre-order through EA

I am so glad bioware did staggered start to weed out these people. Hopefully they won't come back in a few months.

Who cares about people grinding gear for one week head start, what we should have is a PRE CHARACTOR BUILD everyone buld a char choose name class looks etc

Then post on forum how many ppl made 90% jedi and Sith inquisitor with the same hair doo and tats

Game content can wait one week is nothing

I am so glad bioware did staggered start to weed out these people. Hopefully they won't come back in a few months.

I don't see where all the hate comes from. The person asked how to cancel (because they did make it impossible without calling them it seems if its Origin), and the person stated why.

The OP wasn't out of line in any way or rude. Maybe the bad attitude is a little closer to home.

I PRE-ORDERED ON aUGUST 11TH OF THIS YEAR,,,AND HAD BNO ACCESS TODAY ON DAY 1..DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON HOW THIS STAGGERING IS GOING ON THE SERVERS ETC...I WOULD THINK I PRE ORDERED LONG ENOUGH AHEAD OF TIME TO GAIN EARLY ENTRANCE ON DAY ONE OR TWO...NOT SOM MUCH IT APPEARS...ANY COMMENTS??

I think what's the most annoying to most folks, is the fact that Bioware is essentially playing favorites with their player base. I can completely understand that. I don't think there should be as many whine posts as there is about it, but I understand.

Server stability is of course a big focus for a launch, though it would be just as easy for them to limit the number of players per server at the start and slowly increase that. It would mean queues, but at least with queues, everyone who's PAID for the product, has the same chance.

The current system only gives a certain group access. I agree with others, their money is the same as those folks getting in today. Pre-order date should have NOTHING to do with access.

That said, no point in whining about it. This is the way BW wants to do it. It'll cost them a lot of subs in the end, but if their game is good, they will be back.

I PRE-ORDERED ON aUGUST 11TH OF THIS YEAR,,,AND HAD BNO ACCESS TODAY ON DAY 1..DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON HOW THIS STAGGERING IS GOING ON THE SERVERS ETC...I WOULD THINK I PRE ORDERED LONG ENOUGH AHEAD OF TIME TO GAIN EARLY ENTRANCE ON DAY ONE OR TWO...NOT SOM MUCH IT APPEARS...ANY COMMENTS??

This is why BW did this... they wanted to weed out this ^^^ and OP. It's a brilliant strategy. Then all you're left with is the mature group who don't fly off the handle every time something happens. Thus, the community will be much stronger.

honestly its not the fact that i can't start playing today that is bothering me its the anticipation and not knowing when i will get my email that is bothering me. I wish they would send me something in the email stating you will be able to start this day so i can stop trolling my email watching for every single email to pop up only for it to be nothing but junk orz ><

honestly its not the fact that i can't start playing today that is bothering me its the anticipation and not knowing when i will get my email that is bothering me. I wish they would send me something in the email stating you will be able to start this day so i can stop trolling my email watching for every single email to pop up only for it to be nothing but junk orz ><

problem is they don't KNOW when you'll get in. They may have an idea but if they're wrong people will be flipping out over that. The best course of action is to give as little information as they can get away with. That way noone is expecting anything.

i believe he holds a valid point....you can't say "you MAY play 5 days early" and then only give certain people one day...false advertising....pretty sure thats illegal...

what's false about UP TO 5 days? Can I claim false advertising when I play the lotto and lose because it said "few will win"?

Learn to Read and quit assuming...

Edited by woocls

It said "MAY" play early.. Keyword anyone? Thats right, 'May' is the keyword. QQ more?

MAY doesn't excuse the fact that they give us a SPECIFIC number of days that we MAY get to play....if thats the case it should be "you MAY get to play before its released" not "you MAY play up to 5(!!!) days early"

You cancel you pre-order with whomever you bought it from.

Please do hurry up and do cancel, I'm sure it won't bother anyone one bit.

The game doesn't launch until the 20th. All that Bioware promised was that if you pre-order you will get to play UP TO 5 days early. They didn't have to give us any early access. Blizzard didn't offer anything for pre-ordering WoW or any of their WoW expansions. I really don't get all these idiots ************ and moaning cus they didn't get in on the first day of early access. Seriously, GROW UP, and quit your ************. Bioware is being nice here by letting play before the launch date. Hell they decided to be even nicer by extending the early access to 7 days instead of 5.

I didn't pre-order until Nov 29th and personally I don't expect to get in before the 19th, hell I don't even care if I have to wait til the 20th. My reason for the pre-order was so I could the collector edition before they sold out. I would love to get early access just as much as the next person, however it isn't the primary reason I pre-ordered.

Now if Bioware is reading this I would love to get in on the 17th since it's my birthday.:D

they DIDNT say you will they said YOU COULD get up to 5 days

It said "MAY" play early.. Keyword anyone? Thats right, 'May' is the keyword. QQ more?

This x100

People do not understand language which is why lawyers get away with a lot of things now a days.

May = maybe = chance = not 100% guaranteed

Will = yes = definitive = most likely guaranteed

"May get up to 5 days" does not in any legal speak = "Will get up to 5 days"

How do I cancel my pre-order? This cluster**** of a head-start is not something that I simply will take and brush off as a "noble" attempt to maintain server stability during your launch.

On a post i just read completely infuriated me that most people will likely get just (1) day head start?!?! I might as well not have pre-ordered if that is the case. Not only was this information not provided from the get go, it was not released until TODAY. Total horse sh*t

I do not care what excuses make you folks feel better, but the fact is I pre-orderd to participate in the HEAD START. I don't care about your influx in purchases or any other excuses you throw out to the community.

You have the numbers of pre-orders and you should have planned better, simple as that.

Its not my job to figure out how, but when you gloat to have such a successful last beta weekend, boasting the millions of hours players put in and the million+ players you saw through your doors. . . there is no excuse for this staggered start.

Tell me how to cancel my pre-order through EA

Listen here nooblet go ahead cancel see if biowares going to miss you seriously im looking forward to getttin to play as much as you but crying isnt going to help the situation just sit tight like a good boy till you get your presents

is not false advertisement its miss leading that way its not illegal but it is a good way to make your customer angry with you and cause loss of customers. cant really sue or anything over it tho.

Well you shouldn't watch any tv... I'd hate for you to get "miss led" by any other ads. It's not like this isn't common practice. You should learn to appreciate that you have the chance to play for free before the release date.

problem is they don't KNOW when you'll get in. They may have an idea but if they're wrong people will be flipping out over that. The best course of action is to give as little information as they can get away with. That way noone is expecting anything.

And you're ok with that?