how to cancel pre-order

Tiernandan

I think it's been said countless times early access to the game is decided based on when you redeem your pre-order code. Pre-ordering does not automatically get you a full week's access.

To cancel it, talk to origin support. Have fun and see you at launch. :)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless the day he joined, if they offer a 5 day early game access without any further information he's on his toes to stand up for it as a scam.

Everyone payed the same amount of money for the early game access, there was no information or conditions comming along with it.

I don't have access either but I don't really care, still feel a bit "assaulted" especially with the lack of support by the customer service, forum devs and phone assistant which are inexistent.

UP TO 5 DAYS geez how tough is it to figure out.

All these numpties pre-ordering for UP TO 5 DAYS - The reason you are moaning is the 2 days extra which have been added.

which is silly!

People need to learn reading comprehension.

The bold print Add said -

Pre-order Now and You may be able to play UP to FIVE DAYS EARLY.

Not.

You WILL play give days early.

Seriously are Star Wars Nerds really this... Pathetic?

Seriously there is a whole world out there, even if your covered in pizza face pimples and the light of day hurts your eyes, Go meet a girl, or a boy.

Go build a replica Light Saber in your garage from a Mag light, Do SOMETHING ELSE to pass the time.

Don't lecture me about your being a customer and being right when you cannot READ plain English, and have the patience of a raging bull on Cocaine.

For the record, I pre-ordered like 2 weeks ago. Frankly I don't care about getting early access.

In fact you know what I might do?

I might not even USE my early Access time and just BS here on the forums, JUST to piss off the impatient nerds. In the mean time I'll go hunting or hiking or something, or maybe just sit with my wife and watch my kid build a model.

That's the kind of stuff you can do when you have a life you know. And real life has AWESOME graphics and control input (crappy death penalty and level grind tho).

So many people are complaining that they aren't getting "Up To" x number of days in early access. In all honesty I'm just thankful with this recession that myself and my family still have our house, with internet and good computers to be able to play this game at all. I mean not to be a huge debbie downer but it could be much worse. So if I have to wait until the 20th to play then hey that's great all things considered. I don't think they have open internet access at homeless shelters. Just something to think about...

Depends where you ordered from. if its Origin contact them on Live Help - my experience is that they don't reply via email. Live help can be a bit frustrating, just keep trying until you get somewhere, took me 3 goes, third person actually helped rather than just asking me what my problem was and going afk for 10mins

If its another retailer go via them.

They did not say this when they said pre order and get early head start.. Now they say people will get invited in waves and some might not get in till the last day. Should have said this during pre order but they wanted to get high numbers to show the world . They have to realize people took off of work to play the early head start to only be told wait for a email and then a post that we we done for the day wednesday will be more .

someone make a post on http://www.change.org/petition

People need to learn reading comprehension.

The bold print Add said -

Pre-order Now and You may be able to play UP to FIVE DAYS EARLY.

Not.

You WILL play give days early.

Seriously are Star Wars Nerds really this... Pathetic?

Seriously there is a whole world out there, even if your covered in pizza face pimples and the light of day hurts your eyes, Go meet a girl, or a boy.

Go build a replica Light Saber in your garage from a Mag light, Do SOMETHING ELSE to pass the time.

Don't lecture me about your being a customer and being right when you cannot READ plain English, and have the patience of a raging bull on Cocaine.

For the record, I pre-ordered like 2 weeks ago. Frankly I don't care about getting early access.

In fact you know what I might do?

I might not even USE my early Access time and just BS here on the forums, JUST to piss off the impatient nerds. In the mean time I'll go hunting or hiking or something, or maybe just sit with my wife and watch my kid build a model.

That's the kind of stuff you can do when you have a life you know. And real life has AWESOME graphics and control input (crappy death penalty and level grind tho).

^^^ This... Made my day :) And even gave e a new sig.

So, you've known about the staggered headstart that Bioware was doing ever since they announced it on July 21st, but now that it's here and it's staggered, you have a problem with it only because you didn't get in the first wave.

....riiiiiight.

i agree and will take a look into CANCELLING MY ORDER and getting money back. the game itself was fun. tested on a weekend. So far i only have issues and issues. bugs problems. and eversince i pre ordered im contacting SUPPORT. they ignore my questions, and DO NOT SOLVE any ISSUES. IF they keep giving a **** and my problem wount be fixxed till tomorrow (another ticket was sent) you can all go and play a great game WITH **** SUPPRT YOURSELF. I just played rapelz for 4 years. which is a free to play game, with crap support, i think ill just continue that than. since your support for a PAY TO PLAY game is THE *******ST I've ever seen. the idea with the early access waves is not bad, nothing against it. Just solve issues, THAT YOUR PAYING Customers have. Edited by sociallykilled

Sometimes I wish they opened up the new forums after launch so we don't have to hear all this early access QQ.

Bioware cleary stated UPTO 5 days. Not 5 days. They even increased it by 2 days which is being generous.

Please learn to be a bit more mature about matters.

Oh Grow up you Trolls , i played the Beta too and besides some minor issues and bugs the game is great , *** you think it's a MMORPG for christ sake if you don't like it don't scream like a baby and go Troll somwhere else you won't be missed ! I'm really Glad That This kind of persons will leave because only the Decent persons will remain in this awsome Game. See you Guys in the game ! ( And yes im in early acces, and waiting for invitation so what im not screaming , when i'l get invited il go and play and don't cry and scream of canceling my preorder if i don't get it now ) Geez !

God, I hate the new generation "GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!1" people.

Also.. can't people read? It says UP TO 5 days. I am not a native English speaker but even I understand the meaning of that word. Hell, I haven't even received my early access invite yet and I pre-ordered in July yet I am not complaining here about not getting in.

He does have a right to cancel his pre order, just like everyone else...

So, I am not going to flame him for it, but his reasoning is pretty funny though because it sounded like he didn't read the UP TO 5 days part nor did he even talk about the fact he does get an ingame item for pre ordering??

So, what does the yellow crystal not mean much to you?!? Hell, the early access is nice, and plus go read the dev tracker!!

It does say they will more than likely have everyone from nov and up in around that time, but if not you would still get 3 or 4 days before it goes out.

They said one day if you pre ordered in like the last two weeks or so, and you clearly didn't... but you did pre order in Nov, like I did in Oct, so I'll be in first and you won't....

You shouldn't be upset about it.. anyways, going to hope they let me in today.. maybe.. probably not.. if not I will more than likely be in on the 15th.

"The length of your Early Game Access time will depend on when you redeem your Pre-Order Code and how quickly you are able to download and install the Game before the official launch of the Game. Your download time will vary according to the speed of your internet service provider. Download speeds are not constant and vary by location. The size of the final Game Client is approximately 27GB when fully installed. You should ensure you have adequate free space on your hard disk before completing your download. Finally, Early Game Access will end shortly before Star Wars: The Old Republic officially launches on December 20th, 2011 at 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM PST; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01AM CET). We will be bringing down all servers for a short period of time before the launch of the Game. Stay tuned for more details as we get closer to launch."

ooh that pesky word read stuff again lol

Regardless the day he joined, if they offer a 5 day early game access without any further information he's on his toes to stand up for it as a scam.

Everyone payed the same amount of money for the early game access, there was no information or conditions comming along with it.

Sorry they STATED on FRONT PAGE very clearly in the Preorder for EGA, that EGA is UPTO X days based on order that pre-order codes are entered. Where X was 5 for ages then changed to 7 by bioware.

That fact that they used the word upto as long as they allow everyone on before the offical launch time (even if its 1 second before) they filled there promise of EGA/HS.

Edited by Kotli

Read like 7 post, then didn't bother reading any more, no reason too ...

ONLY reason I pre-ordered was to get 5 days Early Access, the discussion about if I read it wrong or if they CHOSE to use a wording MOST people would misunderstand is a debate I don't care to take or be part of.

I'm not angry, but severely disappointed, I came late to the pre-order table, so with much luck I'll get the 5 days early access, but currently expecting to get at most 1 day.

Anyway one thing is 100% I'll NEVER pre-order for a show like this again, and if I'm in doubt I will NOT pre-order it's that simple.

Note: This will be my final post in ANY thread related to Early Access, I want happy thoughts running through my mind while waiting for my turn in the queue for early access invites,

I won't even come back here to see any replies to this post, so go ahead trolls and what not put my post to the ground.

Yours truly

Zilvereyes

Edited by Zilvereyes

I don't particularly like the way they're handling the launch. I've been part of quite a few betas, head starts and trials. This staggering is the lamest way to "ramp up" their servers. Its just sugar-coating that they're not ready for launch, end of story.

If you advertise a head start, it should be that. If on average everyone is only going to get 1 day, state that. I'm not asking for much in all honesty.

They want the pre-orders and they want my money. Its a business and I get that. But I am definately noticing very sad similarities between these folks and the "game that shall not be named" (WoW) woopsie. . . . Vague, nontransparent babble. . . I wish there was more honesty from the start. I am not impressed by ANY means.

I am not looking to cancel solely on the grounds of not being in the headstart which was outlined in the pre-order. I would like to have no further dealings with them (Bioware/EA) for their poor planning, poor customer service, poor communication and overall poor atmosphere.

You dont have to share my thoughts or ideas, I am just inquiring here in the customer service section for a way to cancel my pre-order.

You are just wasting your time and ours here, canceling is just very easy, go to the place you preorder and cancel, that´s it.

Secondly, Bioware has never promised to everybody who pre-order the 5 days, they stated hundreds of times that early access is all about the date you redeemed your damm code, so you have no point here either,

Third; you have posted with an account of nov 2011? ha ha Are you kidding yourself?

Lastly, they even give us 2 more days, the problem here is your stupidity for believe redeeming a code at last very minute will grant you access the first...go away