1.5 mil subscribers playin, 1k whiners posting

BraQ

Not a whiner. I gave the game a chance, but by the time you hit level 25, I'm sure you'll find yourself bored of the story already like most people.

Tell me what does SWTOR offer new gameplay wise besides a lackluster space combat? Absolutely NOTHING. There are a ton of other MMO's, and even free to play games that offer more gameplay wise.

I am lvl 36 now and I am finding the game extremely immersing, challenging and very polished for a launch day mmo. I find the launch very smooth and I find my gameplay unninterrupted. My friends does think like me. I find the story great and didn't get bored from a dialogue for a second. I never rush when I am levelling, I just enjoy the environments, the quests.

If that's not your game, I am ok with it, but please don't bother other people with untrue claims about this game.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"and kept up with the current MMO market"....that's code for recycled.

This game doesn't even recycle it properly, that's my point. It can't even keep up with what other MMO's have to offer. You can't seriously tell me that SWTOR does more than other MMO's gameplay-wise.

You might be right OP.. Then again all MMORPGs have a small percent of people that visit the forums.. This is where you need to pay attention... The MMORPGs that went F2P or failed and closed had a small percent of players that complained on the forums.. So what does that mean? It means its not a good or bad sign.. In other words you cant make claims either way.. You cant say its only 1k people that have issues with the game.. You cant claim the the other million pls people are all happy.. So this thread is just as bad as the people complaining..

This game doesn't even recycle it properly, that's my point. It can't even keep up with what other MMO's have to offer. You can't seriously tell me that SWTOR does more than other MMO's gameplay-wise.

I'm not the one trying to compare it to other MMO's. I think that's where the mistake in logic lies.

If I were to compare Vanilla's, I'd say this release is leaps and bounds ahead of other MMO's...most notably the biggest MMO on the market.

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

I am lvl 36 now and I am finding the game extremely immersing, challenging and very polished for a launch day mmo. I find the launch very smooth and I find my gameplay unninterrupted. My friends does think like me. I find the story great and didn't get bored from a dialogue for a second. I never rush when I am levelling, I just enjoy the environments, the quests.

Well said, I'm right there with you.

Edited by Eysaathe

I'm not the one trying to compare it to other MMO's. I think that's where the mistake in logic lies.

If I were to compare Vanilla's, I'd say this release is leaps and bounds ahead of other MMO's...most notably the biggest MMO on the market.

So you're telling me the standard for new MMO released should be to simply keep up with what other MMO's have accomplished during their vanilla phase? That's a pretty weak statement considering we are now into 2012 where the gaming scene has made leaps and bounds in terms of not only gameplay but graphically as well. Bioware shouldn't have spent so much money (300mil or something stupid) on voice acting and should have focused more on the game engine itself.

i wouldn´t say that this will be a SMALL percentage of the population

i just can say whats happening with our folks (guild/allys/Enemys - around 400 people in total) - we are discussing heavily if we go back to wow because of the missing "basic" features and content (seriously all "raid content" (if you can call those wierd bashings even raids) can be cleared within a few hours.... i am sorry even vanguard:soh had more and much harder endcontent at it´s launch

Yeah....it's a small percentage. The long term player base of SWTOR will be SW fans and KOTOR / Bioware fans, not disgruntled refugees from other MMOs.

And thanks you for so nicely proving my point. The sooner I don't have to listen to people cry that SWTOR doesn't have wow's "features", the better.

It absolutely does more than other MMOs gameplay wise. In other games, melee combat is boring. I swing a sword or an axe. I hit a rat or a bat. In this game, I swing one or even TWO lightsabers.

Lightsaber combat is far and away more interesting a melee experience than dagger stabbing or two handed axe swinging.

It is indeed, at its basic level, a recycle of what melee combat is in other games. But, it's more. It's lightsabers.

It's one of the most compelling reasons people play the game in the first place.

Edited by SnoggyMack

At the end of the first month, we will lose the ADD players, full time trolls, the people who wanted SWG2, and the people who wanted WoW2.

A small, but vocal and obnoxious percentage of the population.

I can't wait. :D

You forgot to add the elite players that finished everything and found a lot of bugs at endgame and the pvpers that think the game is unresponsive.

Then you have the lemmings that leave because the elite players leave.

you disagree there shouldn't be a standard of improving on the release quality from previous titles on the market?

You counter my question with a question, stop trolling and avoiding my questions. You love SWTOR to admit that there are major flaws. Suck up your pride troll, and admit it.

Yes, I do qq a lot and I am negative, it's true. I also post about positive things etc. nor I am trying to find an excuse.

And perhaps there are indeed 1% of the player base doing it. It doesn't say anything and perhaps nothing bad will happen.

But from my own experience, being negative or positive about a game,helped me to develop my own philosophy:

In every game, but I mean EVERY game, the first month after it's release (perhaps 2 if the "fan" base it's tollerant which doesn't happen often nowdays) it's critical to it's success.

I have seen games that promised a lot and remained successful, games that promised a lot an failed badly, games that were bad and turned good and games that were bad and ended badly.

The morale is: Being negative or positive, doesn't do any good or bad to the game. Facts will speak for themselves: If SWTOR it's a bad game you will start seeing that in some form within 3 months (there is when generally servers will die/decrease population in every game), if it turns to be sucessful, you will see more and more news about the game, sites will even promote it and such things will happen.

Give it 3 months I'd say and let the facts speak for themselves. And let me tell you something in the end. If you look carefuly at the general issue, a game is not killed by qq-ers, but by the REAL players. When this category realize that the <enter random game> cannot evolve they will mass drop it, game over, if they feel it has the potential, the game will survive, game ON.

^^

You forgot to add the elite players that finished everything and found a lot of bugs at endgame and the pvpers that think the game is unresponsive.

Then you have the lemmings that leave because the elite players leave.

In a game based on button mashing, there's no such thing as elite players.

You counter my question with a question, stop trolling and avoiding my questions. You love SWTOR to admit that there are major flaws. Suck up your pride troll, and admit it.

there's nothing to counter.

you wanted something "new" to the genre. you've admitted they gave you something new. you also said you wanted them to "keep up with other MMO's" and then comment on how BioWare recycled aspects.

you've done a good job of countering yourself. I'm just observing from the peanut gallery.

I'm not the one trying to compare it to other MMO's. I think that's where the mistake lies.

It's a fair comparison when you are talking about basic features and concepts. I don't mean content amount of overall polish I just mean the basic stuff that even a small company like Trion did better.

As many will argue , Rift's was still better.

Also since you can't compare SWTOR at launch to WoW 7 years on you can't compare a launch in 2011 to one in 2004.

Regardless of age there are some elements that should be better in SWTOR then they are, the UI, the ambiance, music and sound effects (admittedly Rift has bad sound effects at launch), GTN, etc.

Did I list major bugs no but it's the little things that are annoying since major bugs (endgame stuff) is expected.

Yes, I do qq a lot and I am negative, it's true. I also post about positive things etc. nor I am trying to find an excuse.

And perhaps there are indeed 1% of the player base doing it. It doesn't say anything and perhaps nothing bad will happen.

But from my own experience, being negative or positive about a game,helped me to develop my own philosophy:

In every game, but I mean EVERY game, the first month after it's release (perhaps 2 if the "fan" base it's tollerant which doesn't happen often nowdays) it's critical to it's success.

I have seen games that promised a lot and remained successful, games that promised a lot an failed badly, games that were bad and turned good and games that were bad and ended badly.

The morale is: Being negative or positive, doesn't do any good or bad to the game. Facts will speak for themselves: If SWTOR it's a bad game you will start seeing that in some form within 3 months (there is when generally servers will die/decrease population in every game), if it turns to be sucessful, you will see more and more news about the game, sites will even promote it and such things will happen.

Give it 3 months I'd say and let the facts speak for themselves. And let me tell you something in the end. If you look carefuly at the general issue, a game is not killed by qq-ers, but by the REAL players. When this category realize that the <enter random game> cannot evolve they will mass drop it, game over, if they feel it has the potential, the game will survive, game ON.

^^

This is true. I agree with you

Yeah....it's a small percentage. The long term player base of SWTOR will be SW fans and KOTOR / Bioware fans, not disgruntled refugees from other MMOs.

And thanks you for so nicely proving my point. The sooner I don't have to listen to people cry that SWTOR doesn't have wow's "features", the better.

/support