Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Star Wars vs WH40K

Archereon

Correct.

No one knows the size of the main Tyranid force or what it's capable of.

The 3 main hive fleets encountered so far have just been forward parties and those alone have decimated entire sectors and killed countless people and left a hell of a lot of planets in ruins.

Seeing as the hive fleets travel the warp under the sheer psyker power of the Norn Queen it's only a matter of time before something more powerful than the Hive mind comes along and they start taking apart Chaos planets as well.

The Tyranids are comparable to the Yuuzhan Vong, on a much larger scale. They are both powerful extragalactic invaders that sent scouting parties far ahead of the main force, and they both rely on biological weaponry.

Sources vary on the Tyranids' power, with one source saying they have already devoured thousands of galaxies, and others saying that the Milky Way is their first (apart from their home galaxy, if indeed they have one).

Even assuming that they have only devoured their home galaxy so far, that would still make the main Tyranid fleet a fearsome force, since it must have total biomass equal to the entire biomass of its home galaxy.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tyranids are comparable to the Yuuzhan Vong, on a much larger scale. They are both powerful extragalactic invaders that sent scouting parties far ahead of the main force, and they both rely on biological weaponry.

Sources vary on the Tyranids' power, with one source saying they have already devoured thousands of galaxies, and others saying that the Milky Way is their first (apart from their home galaxy, if indeed they have one).

Even assuming that they have only devoured their home galaxy so far, that would still make the main Tyranid fleet a fearsome force, since it must have total biomass equal to the entire biomass of its home galaxy.

Lets just admit it.

We all want to be this powerfull(if not more powerfull)

Why isnt there a game where we are the unstoppebol invaders:P

I love both swtor and w40k.... who wouldnt? ;) having said that though, and having read extensive SW novels and virtually all the w40k novels Id say w40k would ROFLStomp SW into the ground. There just isnt any doubt in my mind.

Space marines, terminators, librarians, dreadnaughts, titans, baneblades, battle barges with nova cannons.... oh and a few trillion imperium of man gaurdsmen for cannon fodder. No contest.

And to the previous guy who said the replicators or borg would pwn space marines... I highly doubt it. They have to fight the necrons which are the same sort of concept and they do fine against them.....

And to the previous guy who said the replicators or borg would pwn space marines... I highly doubt it. They have to fight the necrons which are the same sort of concept and they do fine against them.....

That would be me and i disagree nercons arent anywhere close to replicators.

Nocrons are big obvious targets,

Repicators "harvest" entire fleets and build more of themself.

The same reson i picked the borg simply because they harvest there enemy's and turn there weapons tech knowledge etc agains them.

I certainly agree that 40K would stomp sw in an all out war because of the numbers(even though the imperial guard could easily be countered by a massice droid army imho,though we don't know if the sw universe could afford something like that) and the childish barbarity of the whole setting(don't forget that in SW they don't use nuclear weapons even though they have the technology )

I've read some 40K novels and I've never encountered someone with half the brains of Thrawn.There may be but I haven't encountered anyone up until now.

Still I consider the powerful force users more dangerous than librarians and psykers

Some of you forget about OP force powers like teleportation,energy absorption,farseeing,battle meditation etc

But let's see who would kick anyone's *** in sci-fi:

God Emperor of Dune would.Let's face it:he has the brains to outmaneuver anyone.And nuclear weapons may damage him but not kill him

Say what you want about Star Wars but the god emperor of Dune is the true God Emperor

Edited by tadro

I've read some 40K novels and I've never encountered someone with half the brains of Thrawn.There may be but I haven't encountered anyone up until now.

Still I consider the powerful force users more dangerous than librarians and psykers

Some of you forget about OP force powers like teleportation,energy absorption,farseeing,battle meditation etc.

CREEEEEEEEED!

Yes, but the more powerful Psykers would dominate the likes of Luke, Sidious, etc...

Calgar, Mephiston and Kaldor Draigo come to mind, and they aren't even Alpha Grade psykers, they'd still make the force look like a kid playing with toys.

how are space marines suposed to move? ... in there 'armors'?

nothing can beat a light-saber, people, nothing ....

you can deflect anything and you can cut and slice everything

you would only need a handfuel of Jedis to beat any W40K army,

even if they where colaborating with the Empire itself ... ^^

greetings

I certainly agree that 40K would stomp sw in an all out war because of the numbers(even though the imperial guard could easily be countered by a massice droid army imho,though we don't know if the sw universe could afford something like that) and the childish barbarity of the whole setting(don't forget that in SW they don't use nuclear weapons even though they have the technology )

Some of you forget about OP force powers like teleportation,energy absorption,farseeing,battle meditation etc

But let's see who would kick anyone's *** in sci-fi:

God Emperor of Dune would.Let's face it:he has the brains to outmaneuver anyone.And nuclear weapons may damage him but not kill him

Say what you want about Star Wars but the god emperor of Dune is the true God Emperor

If your looking for brains, you should check out some of the books about the inquisition. Some of the inquisitors are pretty sharp AND can kick some tail.

greetings

Carapace Armor half the time doesn't even dent from impact off of a plasma, solid or laser weapon, a Lightsaber would be the same.

The Entire Jedi Order throughout the whole of EU history wouldn't stand up to the Grey knights, I can tell you that for a fact, grey Knights have force weaponry, power weaponry, Psycannons, Heavy flamers, disintegrator weapons, Plasma cannons, Terminator Armor, which is almost impenetrable, and all the other types of weaponry the Jedi would hate to fight against.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

greetings

-_- someone hasnt seem episode 3.

A simple electro staff can block a lightsaber and kotor even makes sheild and virbroblade able to blok lightsabers.

Please dont talk about stuff you clearly know nothing about.

On side note lightsaber isnt plasma as is the poplair opioning it is pure energie fualed by the force(i read somewhere)

And as i said befor the only way for sw to beat 40K is with plot armor.

P.s anyone else see a jedi consolar and nada grell killing alot is space marines suiced running at them everythime they read 40k vs sw threats?

Edited by internaty

greetings

Uhm. You realize the jedi were defeated with Star Wars tech, right? They lost the battle at Geonosis and survivors only got away thanks to the newly created Republic army coming to their rescue.

And that was against a couple of squads of battle droids.

greetings

light sabers can't stop explosions.

The Space Marine bolt gun fires a self propelled high explosive round. Basiclly a mini rocket launcher. So Space Marine fires, Jedi tries to block/deflectit, round explodes knocking the jedi back possibly killing him already. Space Marine continues to fire.

ok, good arguments ... ^^

but you can only hit, what you can see ...

and the benefit of the lightsaber, as far as I know,

is that it cant be stopped by anything, it just passes through every kind of material

you can essentialy handle it like a club, no weight, no resistance

but I am not into the lore I admit, I like the first 3 movies and havent seen

Episode.3, thats right ^^

but I was among the people who did the 'Inqusition-Mod' for the original DoW,

so I know about the grey-knights <- neat stuff ^^

destroyed twice by a small x-wing.

Plus, the assistance of an fleet and several other small spacecraft.

What you are saying is that essentially the QB single handedly won the game and those 10 other players were pointless to have on the field.

THE BEGINNING

'Twas the sudden appearance of a Warp Storm in the universe. It both started and finished on the edges of two distinct, yet very different galaxies, the Milky Way and the......ummm...Galaxy galaxy (smooth).

Seven factions of the Milky Way galaxy discovered this and decided to seize the golden opportunity of colonisation and interplanetary dominance and as a result, made all speed towards this Warp Storm.

Meanwhile, in the Galaxy galaxy, both the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire detected unexplained anomalies at the very edge of the Unknown Regions. What appeared to be some form of hybrid nebula wormhole the size of a planet appearing from nowhere struck panic from the lowliest scientist to the most adept Force mystic.

Sensors began to detect what appeared to be ships emerging from the wormhole, four crude-like, almost derelict vessels that were operating by some miracle. The hulking ships were practically giant cathedrals with engines with depicted human-like saints on both the port and starboard sides. Humans from another galaxy possibly?

The Sith Empire were first to secure the vicinity of the "wormhole" as theirs as well as the emerged space hulks. All attempts to hail these ships failed, boarding parties of Imperial troops were deployed and they punched through the hulls of all four space hulks. Troops were disembarked into the mysterious ships.

They confirmed that the ship belonged to humans, judging by the depictions on the walls but the vessel seemed deserted. For over an hour, no activity was reported.

Something was detected, a faint knocking sound. Imperials went to investigate but the noise sounded to be coming from everywhere, but also nowhere. It evolved from a faint knocking to what appeared to be a drumming, progressing; louder and louder, many drums. Coming from the walls themselves.

Frantic comm chatter from deployed troops across all four vessels. Fleet commanders were indecisive, retreat was not an option, not for the glorious Empire!

The drums suddenly halted as one. Everything was silent, even the troops. Not a word was spoken in the entire sector. Just as the first trooper was about to speak, a voice from down the hallway. Human?

No.

"WAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH!!!!!"

Troopers panicked. Most dropped their weapons and ran. The steeled ones fired blindly but all were cutdown in a matter of seconds.

Fleet commanders yelled to open fire on the four space hulks. They all roared to life. The "lifeless" ships were alive and operational; and not only that, the onboard weapons awoke as one and began to return fire at the Imperial fleet.

The technology of the Empire could not defend against these hulks, they did not use turbolaser or ion cannon batteries so shields were rendered useless. The enemy battered the Imperial fleet with heavy projectile fire that soon punched through capital ship armour and obliterated them.

The four space hulks began to procede deeper into the known galaxy and the only thing a remaining Imperial trooper could distinguish as he lay, dying; was thousands of voices cheering in their primitive, guttural tongue.

TL;DR: Look, Orks.

Edited by Anagnostis

Plus, the assistance of an fleet and several other small spacecraft.

What you are saying is that essentially the QB single handedly won the game and those 10 other players were pointless to have on the field.

first death star was only small fighter craft yes luke had the force but to be fair thats only because Star Wars targeting systems suck and can't hit a target that is only what 2 meters?

Second Death Star the imperial fleet was just there to keep the Rebels from Escaping.

I just remembered in ROTJ they moved the fleet closer to the Imp fleet because the Death Star couldn't target the Rebel ships with out hitting their own ships. Man SW targeting sucks.

first death star was only small fighter craft yes luke had the force but to be fair thats only because Star Wars targeting systems suck and can't hit a target that is only what 2 meters?

Second Death Star the imperial fleet was just there to keep the Rebels from Escaping.

I just remembered in ROTJ they moved the fleet closer to the Imp fleet because the Death Star couldn't target the Rebel ships with out hitting their own ships. Man SW targeting sucks.

Well duh! Death Star was created to hit planets, not some tiny ships.

My probley going to fail attempt to give the star wars armies a chance of winning:

A single jedi sneak into a imperial hive world using the force to remain undeteced.

Gather intel like the location of forge worlds weapon specc's etc and transmite this to his masters.

When he is done the new republic sends strike teams to compleetly disable the forge worlds a jedi with more power then starkillers clone(who survived a force-landing on kamino from outspace) force-lands in the emperor palace singled handle wipe out all defenders using plot armor then kills the emperor using plot weapons.

While the emperor is being reborn as star child the force's of chaos oks and eldar rip apart what remains of the imperium.

Then the republic get's its *** kicked by a tyranid hive fleet.

This joke was brought to you by malaficus shaikan,

World destroyer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.