• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

>defeat the main protagonist of your story

>get annihilated by 2 silver and 5 normal mob pulls during your 'escape'

GG BIOWARE DESIGN.

Seriously, you guys should probably try to play this stuff on your own.

theres the problem. stop killing yourself

Your companions have CC right?

No, they don't ...well they kind of do.

Our Healer Companion has a CC and you can cast it on a mob but she just stops channeling and heals you or blasts the target as soon as the GCD is up for her no matter if you turn skills off or not...

So no, Vanguards have no CC...

>defeat the main antagonist of your story

GG BIOWARE DESIGN.

You can kill an elite, but you can't kill this? Did you forget to push buttons?

GG BIOWARE DESIGN.

/CC's first silver

/Stuns mob

Destroys the second silver

Obliterates mob

Kills last Silver

Really?

I would put companion on one silver, maybe two depending on how tough he/she is. Kill the little normal guys first, then double up on the silvers with the companion.

Bear in mind the tank companions suck. They drop way too fast. Only healing companions are any good.

Also scaling in this game is way off - you just get weaker as you level, while the mobs get stronger.

They need to look into these things - the first wave of "hardcore" gamers has gone through - wait till all the casuals experience higher levels, they're not going to like it as much as the more masochistic "hardcore" kind of gamer.

/CC's first silver

And now imagine you play an AC that does not have a CC. Like the Sniper, for example (only CC works on droids). I honestly laughed hysterically when the way to the main battle in Corellia was blocked by two strong mobs. Yeah, I died there without managing to take one down (near thing). I then changed companions from my healer to my melee tank.

Managed to kill one, got killed by the second.

Rezzed, killed the second.

Went into the next room. Cutscene, two more strong mobs that wail on me from melee range. I take one out, succumb myself.

Rezzed, killed the second.

The boss fight after that (iirc, the boss had well over 40K health) was anticlimactic - I kited him without getting hit once.

I think that is what the TO is getting at: Fights are not balanced against each other. Many trash pulls are significantly more difficult (for certain classes) than the actual boss battles.

I actually like the fact that there's a chance of dying. Maybe it's just me, I guess I like a challenge rather than being able to kill everything blindfolded without even trying.

I like that, too. I've said so in numerous postings.

But the TO still has a point. It's not the overall difficulty. It's the strange variations in difficulty.

By the by: Strong mobs who can CC your companion the entire time are... well, they be deadly if encountered two at a time.

I like that, too. I've said so in numerous postings.

But the TO still has a point. It's not the overall difficulty. It's the strange variations in difficulty.

By the by: Strong mobs who can CC your companion the entire time are... well, they be deadly if encountered two at a time.

or the strong mobs that heal each other...omg that sucked. they have no cooldown on their heals so as soon as they come out of cryo or as soon as you interupt one heal the other one heals himself.

So for the last fight for the trooper the two mobs before the last boss were 10x harder than the last guy.

I attack one interupt his heal cryo the other guys heal aoe stun the 3rd heal and then the 4th heal nearly heals the guy back up to full. Granted I am tank spec so i do hardly any damage but they couldn't kill me either with my companion healing me lol

How did you end up dying to 2 silver and some regular mobs? Just one shot the regulars with an AOE. The 2 silvers shouldn't be a problem.

I don't know if this applies to the OP, but I have noticed that a lot of people don't have much sense when it comes to groups of mobs. They'll try to burn down GOLD mobs, while ignoring the weak ones and the silver ones. It makes no sense to me.

Bear in mind the tank companions suck. They drop way too fast. Only healing companions are any good.

I disagree. Kaliyo is pretty durable for me. Definitely durable enough, at least. It helps that I can heal her, of course.

Edited by belialle

The Vanguard Class quest last boss is pretty dang tuff because its 2 silver mobs that both heal...

and Vanguard's dont get CC - So basically you have to pray that you have your best DPS companion (yuun) completely decked out so you can HOPEFULLY burn down one add so fast that the two adds cannot heal quick enough and then die so you can kill the other...

A class with no CC should not ever have to fight 2 healing Silvers at the same time for our Class quest...

bleh...

Meanwhile Commando's have it simple on that quest..Mez one, Kill other, Kill first one...easy no problem...

I got it done after a few attempts, but it was much harder than it shoulda been and it was still based alot on just getting some lucky rolls on when the mobs casted their heals...

Riot strike > stun > riot strike > aoe stun > riot strike shuts down the first 5 heals which should be more then enough to take one down.

GG BIOWARE DESIGN.

Ehm... I don't get it.

No one one shots regular mobs. It takes 3 or 4 AoEs.

2 Silvers. 5 regular. That's easily 60k+ HP to burn through. Get it? For the record, that's twice the amount of HP of a gold mob at 49ish.

Bounty Hunters' Death From Above aoe would like a word with you.

If you are dieing to two silvers then you aren't using your abilities and companion correctly. You may also be out of your level range.

If you find the game challenging I recommend you complete all quests before moving on to new planets, and be aware of the quest level you are on. If you stay +2 to the mobs then you should be able to face roll any number of mobs.

You can also make it a point to do your space and PvP dailies, that should put a comfortable level cushion between you and your quest mobs.

Depends on the class. What class is the OP?

As a commando I'd incendiary grenade (AOE DOT/stun), then stick grenade knock them down. If the normals are still allive a hail of bolts will finish them or just inidividual hammer shots as thety should be pretty damn low. 60 sec stun one silver and then take the first. Once first drops, I'd go for the second.

For companions with AOE attacks make sure their AOE skills are deactivated so they don't break your CC.

As I vanguard I would stick grenade first and mortar fire. That should kill the normals. Then take on both silvers with a healer companion. Or (if they are both healers) have a DPS companion take one while I take the other. Then intrrupt healing attempts with taunts, harpoon, neural surge, cyro grenade, etc. so that the companion can kill his (if they heal each other) or I can kill mine. Either way only one will be getting heals.

GG BIOWARE DESIGN.

Kill the 5 normal mob with 1 aoe

CC one silver

kill the other silver

kll the cc'd silver

Its not that hard.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.