Dungeon Finder Needed Badly.

Obi-Wun

Well since I just form groups and don't what for some one else to form a group I don't need a dungeon finder and don't want one in the game. Anyone else ever just think about making a group instead of wasting all that time waiting for some one to start one?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then dont play an MMO...

I dont want you to click a button and get a group from other servers ect...

In the community, The weak, and the fail, never make it to the end.. for a reason, we the community dont let them.

Thats why alot of people including myself, left WoW a long time ago...

Too many rewards for the weak.

You dont like tells, then you my friend, should stick with those weak games. Or better yet stay out of mulitplayer.

you are the perfect example of why these "Tools for the weak" are not wanted.

LOL.

So you are strong because you don't use tools. Where would mankind be if we all believed that. Get over yourself. Using words like weak and strong in a video game is just ridiculous.

If you can't find a group you do not deserve a group and the group does not need you.

It's really that simple.

This is what im talking about!!! :D

+1

Weed out the badies, make them learn how to play a game. This isnt Wow, because wow is the equivalent to Hello kitty MMO.

No auto-queue-LFG system means it's a bit harder to form a group - so you add people you know who are nice / fun to play with to your friend list. And you will try to play again with those peopl, when in need of a group.

In an auto-queue-LFG system such a thing is not needed. Sure you could do it, but you dont get any advantage.

But in order to get a MMO going & stay strong: you need people to socialize & form ties.

So people will continue to play the game, because of the people.

When a dry period with 2-3 months of no content happens (and it will happen), who will cancel their subscription? Those players who have no social ties or the ones who have an ingame community who they enjoy grouping with? And even if it's just to roflstomp a flashpoint, or fool around in a warzone. Probably the former.

Also imagine someone is lucky and gets every drop he wants in the 1st try. Will he run the instance again with the same group of friends to help them to get their gear? Probably.

Will he queue again to help random people he doesnt know? Probably not.

Social ties are what keeps people playing MMOs. And having to talk to players - i.e. while waiting when everyone travels to the flashpoint, or while being 3/4 and waiting for the last guy to join builds those social ties more than just clicking a button and joining a full 4/4 group.

Will a auto-queue-LFG be implemented in the later stages of the game? Yeah, probably. But it's not good for the start.

Edited by Zocat

This is what im talking about!!! :D

+1

Weed out the badies, make them learn how to play a game. This isnt Wow, because wow is the equivalent to Hello kitty MMO.

Link me your heroic madness of deathwing achievement.

Can't?

Figures.

I bet all those heroic hello kitty raiders spend all day comparing their "GROUP FINDING SKILLZ".

Edited by Delekii

You know what is the beauty of the LFG tool.

That you don't have to group with these horrible unsocial people.

They will be all using that tool and have fun while you can spam general chat and stick to your stone age methods with all your buddies.

We both win in the end.

Edited by TheHauntingBard

Can't?

Figures.

I bet all those heroic hello kitty raiders spend all day comparing their "GROUP FINDING SKILLZ".

Wow, deathwing, really? So awesome.

Where can I learn to be so pro?

Even though i am an avid hater of LFD tools, tbh with the current setup for flashpoints i wouldnt mind one in this game, mainly because the horrible horrible way they have set up flashpoints in that u have to go the fleet every time u start one, and well since there is no global lfg tool, you are more or less forced to sit on the fleet spamming lfg while doing nothing els... And well tbh i am more inclined to simply skip the flashpoints while leveling up than doing that.. ANd thats a shame since the few times i have done one i have really enjoyed myself:)

A LFD tool for heroic instances on planets are obv. beyond stupid, if u cant put a group together in less than 10 minutes at any time u really lack any kind of social skills, and well a lfd tool shouldnt be your biggest concern:)

Besides unless you are going with a cross server lfg tool(And that is a BIG no no in my book, for all the reasons already mentioned 100 times in the thread) it wont really help all the dps to find groups.. And even if we go cross server i doubt it will help much since i havent heard of any magic servers filled with tanks and healers:)

Can't?

Figures.

This proves my point exactly, WoW during BC, we might be nice and say Wotlk... had skill.

but anything after is joke.

Some people always argue but we will see a LFD tool.

Wait and see.

You are correct.

The argument against a LFD? People will stand around not socialize waiting for the queue to pop.

Right now I have grey missions to do FP, why? I am off and about in the galaxy, not standing in the space station spaming LFG XXXX....

You know what is the beauty of the LFG tool.

That you don't have to group with these horrible unsocial people.

They will be all using that tool and have fun while you can spam general chat and stick to your stone age methods with all your buddies.

We both win in the end.

I just dont get this argument, its the same we see in all the macro/add on threads: If you dont like it, noone forces you to use it... Umm yeah i more or less have to use macros/addons if they get implemented unless i want to have a horrible disadvanges in pvp not to mention the fact that it will only be a matter of time before we have all the garbage add ons who are required for u to run a pve dungeon...

Its the same with an lfg tool, atm i would guess we maybe have 10 % who are against any lfg tool and 20 % who are for it, and then around 70 % of the player base who dont care either way but will use it if it becomes avaible.. And yeah if gets implemented the 10 % anti lfg people, will more or less be forced to group with very few people and even with leet lfg skills that is going to be a problem....

This proves my point exactly, WoW during BC, we might be nice and say Wotlk... had skill.

but anything after is joke.

Classic had the best and most epic raids, coordinating 40 people in Naxxramas was a challenge and something to actually brag about, the numbers of players that ever set foot in that place were so low it didn't even reach 5% of the playerbase.

Classic had the best and most epic raids, coordinating 40 people in Naxxramas was a challenge and something to actually brag about, the numbers of players that ever set foot in that place were so low it didn't even reach 5% of the playerbase.

I wish I could have seen it.

I was doing FFXI at the time, didnt do wow till BC, left at the end of WOTLK when it started getting retarded.

I just dont get this argument, its the same we see in all the macro/add on threads: If you dont like it, noone forces you to use it... Umm yeah i more or less have to use macros/addons if they get implemented unless i want to have a horrible disadvanges in pvp not to mention the fact that it will only be a matter of time before we have all the garbage add ons who are required for u to run a pve dungeon...

Its the same with an lfg tool, atm i would guess we maybe have 10 % who are against any lfg tool and 20 % who are for it, and then around 70 % of the player base who dont care either way but will use it if it becomes avaible.. And yeah if gets implemented the 10 % anti lfg people, will more or less be forced to group with very few people and even with leet lfg skills that is going to be a problem....

- Yet you find it acceptable that some classes have an advantage over others because the UI is not designed well.

Yet when we talk about add ons that tweak the UI and such it's suddenly unfair?

- Right so if we use your made up statistics 70% will simply think it's convenient and use it.

Not because they are unsocial just because it's a pretty nice tool.

While a small group is against it so with the tool they will have a hard time to find a group.

Which basically means the majority of the people will benefit from it.

In the end if you don't like modern MMO features why not stick to the old MMO's?

A lot of features you enjoy here started as add ons yet you're not minding them.

Yet when people want this MMO to step up and accept some other modern features it suddenly needs to go back to the stone age.

No matter how you twist or turn it the current LFG tool is bad.

The fact that you state most people will use the tool indicates that you agree that most people think it's superior.

What exactly is everyone's sense of community? Talking in general chat? I have a hard time understanding exactly what it is you're afraid will be 'destroyed'. I'm just not seeing it. I've done a ton of flashpoints. Everyone was amiable, but I can't say I ever group with the same people twice (or if I did it didn't occur to me). No one developed lasting bonds or anything. If it happens it's probably fairly rare. Rose-colored glasses here.

Right now there isn't a huge need for a real LFD tool, but there will be, and we'll end up getting one. The current one is extremely inadequate, but that's mostly because few people use it (and doesn't seem to work across zones). If you want to keep your 'sense of community', the 'looking for group' part should be completely separated from the generic /who command, and you should be able to see it globally. I would be alright with at least that much, and I think that would be a good compromise for people that really need to do things the hard way.

On a tangent, why are there always people that view convenience as a bad thing? Breaking the community? Calling people lazy? Ad hominem attacks? Seriously, are you people really that insecure?

It's little to do with insecurity. By the way, I love the chastising people for ad hominem attacks and then engaging in one in the very next sentence. Priceless! But I think that what we're seeing is a large number of people who have had negative experiences with Dungeon Finders in other games. I know that is the same for me. I'm opposed simply because despite occasionally not finding groups easily before Dungeon Finder, it was typically far better than the consistent fail and selling runs that people began engaging in once Dungeon Finder was introduced in WoW.

I would oppose a dungeon finder like WoW that automatically put you in a group and sent you packing to the dungeon. I tend to remember bad players/trolls/tools and would rather not be forced into a group with those same players.

I would, however, like a better tool to find other people who are looking for a group for a similar dungeon. The /who function isn't working out very well.

I would oppose a dungeon finder like WoW that automatically put you in a group and sent you packing to the dungeon. I tend to remember bad players/trolls/tools and would rather not be forced into a group with those same players.

A solution to that problem would be having ignore system that prevents you from ending up in a party with that person.