Dungeon Finder Needed Badly.

Obi-Wun

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that damning a LFG tool is backwards thinking. Its a tool that will make the game better and more accessible to the public at large.

There is nothing wrong with the LFG tool in WOW, if you have a problem with some d bag you can put them on ignore and the tool will keep you from being grouped with them. Besides, just because a guy is on your server is not going to change the way he acts in a FP.

And yes it NEEDS to be cross server. I dont understand how people make the case for a pvp tool that is cross server and not have the same issues as a dungeons tool.

don't see a point of a dungeon finder, takes not even 10 minutes to get a group together to run heroics and flashpoints. maybe you should join a guild and be sociable.

Maybe you should reroll Republic on a low pop server?

I don't expect my higher level guildmates to be at my beck and call for every heroic they've already done, and I wouldn't want them to be anyways because I don't like being run through content by someone higher level.

Edited by Gungan

don't see a point of a dungeon finder, takes not even 10 minutes to get a group together to run heroics and flashpoints. maybe you should join a guild and be sociable.

it doesnt matter if you see a point, other paying customers do. If you dont want to use the system then dont use it, but paying customers do want one. Why even comment if you have nothing meaningful or intelligent to say or add?

Then I guess having it wont affect you so why do you care.

You have friends and a guild you dont need it so dont damn it for those cant get groups in 10 minutes.

He mentioned that he is in high 20s or low-mid 30s in 19 days. That's not groundbreaking really. Many people are pushing 30-40s now and of course we have players at 50.

If anything, it shows how the difficulty of finding pug groups is not confined to any level brackets. It's great if you have group of RL or in game friends that you play with all the time but many people don't have that. Many people want to get in, pug a couple instances, and get out. Not that I agree with this play style but why would I deny someone what they should do with their $15 a month.

But clearly people who wants to complete FP as efficient as possible so they can do something else in game or in real life is impatient... according to you.

Bads will often say something like "I pay 15 dollars a month so I'll play however I like."

I've waited longer than I'd like to get 2 instances done so far. Again, I'm not complaining because its par for the course in a less than month old mmo for crying out loud.

Yeah, according to me most of those people who want to "complete a FP as effeciently as possible" aka get it over with, are impatient and usually not very fun to play with.

Just imagine auto group LFG and theres always a mix of those who want to spacebar through the dialog and those who don't. Yeah that would be loads of fun, worth NOT waiting for. Just imagine a mix of people who want to do LS or DS in each group thrown together with a click of a button. People on the server I play are already forming guilds for the LS/DS purpose alone. I would ask anyone to think through what theyre asking for when asking for auto group LFG, but that of course takes up their valuable time doesen't it?

i would like a dungeon finder to now.. since all dungeons are on the main ship/ships and at first i thought the dungeons would be on different planets and thats why i was against it at first since it would make people just sit in the capital city/ship all day but now all dungeons are already there so i agree that i would be good with a dungeon finder.. but i would love if it was just for the people on the server so no cross server...

You don't think it's fair.

I think it is.

MMO communities were good when you were forced to do this.

MMO communities today are hives of scum of villainy BECAUSE of stuff like LFD tools.

I could care less about your enjoyment, I want a good community.

If people can't socialize, they have no business playing an MMO.

This genre was superior when it was a niche genre BECAUSE it only attracted social players.

Now we get everything from console kids to people without the simple skills to spell properly.

We gained better graphics and bigger production values, but we lost the heart of the MMO genre.

You're wasting your time. Half the people we play with were probably wearing diapers during the best MMO years. I am glad I got to at least experience 2003-2006ish before MMOs started turning into pure crap that they are today.

People say LFG finders etc don't harm a game well it's funny I didn't see people wanting them years ago and the communities in games didn't all stink to high heaven like they do now. I feel like MMOs are the RPGers CoD. Quick, rude, selfish , in and out players.

You're wasting your time. Half the people we play with were probably wearing diapers during the best MMO years. I am glad I got to at least experience 2003-2006ish before MMOs started turning into pure crap that they are today.

People say LFG finders etc don't harm a game well it's funny I didn't see people wanting them years ago and the communities in games didn't all stink to high heaven like they do now. I feel like MMOs are the RPGers CoD. Quick, rude, selfish , in and out players.

+1

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Then I guess having it wont affect you so why do you care.

You have friends and a guild you dont need it so dont damn it for those cant get groups in 10 minutes.

if we had a X-Server Dungeon finder, there would be no point to guilds, or comunity, log in, fail at doing a heroic cause you got matched with a bunch of morons, log off. good damn game.

if we had a in server dungeon finder, that would be fine, i have no quarrel, familiar faces, you get to have fun and get to know people because you'll be running into them a lot.

if you are having that much trouble to find a group for a silly instance, than maybe you should, um i don't know, move to a more populated server, write a nasty letter to bioware saying the server populations are too low to support gameplay on my server, time to start server mergers.

hot damn, i played on galaxies in a server with < 600 people, unguilded, no dungeon finder, never once had a problem getting a group together for a heroic. don't know whats wrong with all of these whiners.

First off, awesome post illutionz!

I'm tired of people trying to say "LFG tool destroys community!" when it's entirely anecdotal.

Hey look a WoW player did a community inspired event a few months ago that captured the attention of her realm and WoW's biggest blog site:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/12/08/the-broken-doll-roleplaying-storyline-chills-hundreds-on-moon-gu/

Hey here's more community stuff:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/09/22/15-minutes-of-fame-care-packages-spur-renaissance-of-community/

Of course this is anecdotal as well but as you can see it's up to each individual player to contribute to feelings of "community". The LFD just offers a nice convenience for people who want to experience the content. Obviously community and LFD can both co-exist.

WOW's LFD system sucked, because of heavy handed vote kick restrictions, that empowered jerks, leechers afkers ninja looters and greifers.

I'd prefer server only if they ever implement any type of LFG tool. with restrictions keeping people on ignore out of your groups. And if you act like a jerk and make alot of ignore lists, you will never get in groups regardless.

This will help keep the community intact, and keep jerks, leechers afkers ninja looters and greifers in check.

if we had a X-Server Dungeon finder, there would be no point to guilds, or comunity, log in, fail at doing a heroic cause you got matched with a bunch of morons, log off. good damn game.

if we had a in server dungeon finder, that would be fine, i have no quarrel, familiar faces, you get to have fun and get to know people because you'll be running into them a lot.

if you are having that much trouble to find a group for a silly instance, than maybe you should, um i don't know, move to a more populated server, write a nasty letter to bioware saying the server populations are too low to support gameplay on my server, time to start server mergers.

hot damn, i played on galaxies in a server with < 600 people, unguilded, no dungeon finder, never once had a problem getting a group together for a heroic. don't know whats wrong with all of these whiners.

Oh look another person that thinks when someone says LFG it must mean x server.

No one wants cross server the majority want a same server tool just to put groups together faster and easier.

I didn't read past your first sentence either since your entire opinion is based off of x server and wow.

No one wants cross server the majority want a same server tool just to put groups together faster and easier.

I didn't read past your first sentence either since your entire opinion is based off of x server and wow.

well if you would have read past that first sentence, you wouldn't be sounding like such a **** right now.

Even if it is server only, it still needs to respect my ignore list and keep them from landing in my groups.

As a Jedi Sentinel, only way I'm getting into a Flashpoint is if I form the group myself. I just don't have the initiative, so I haven't done a single flashpoint. In that respect, a dungeon finder would work very well.

Even if it is server only, it still needs to respect my ignore list and keep them from landing in my groups.

Ya defiantly if I get a bad apple in a group and put him on ignore I dont want to see him in another group of mine again.

And its a very good way to ensure people behave so to speak. If its same server and enough put you on ignore from just being a jerk in LFG your not gonna get any ques going anytime soon.

But of course the anti LFG'ers wont see this logic and will come up with oh your just lazy which isn't really a reason just their ego and what they think a mmo should be.

So how bout people like myself that spend over an hour trying to form a group as a healer or tank and cant get a group?

How bout those people that only have 40 people in fleet during their prime time?

How bout people that actually have issues in the game that have nothing to do with them but the game itself?

So ignorant and arrogant. Hope your not like that int he real world.

Edited by Noviru
editing out removed content

So how bout people like myself that spend over an hour trying to form a group as a healer or tank and cant get a group?

How bout those people that only have 40 people in fleet during their prime time?

How bout people that actually have issues in the game that have nothing to do with them but the game itself?

So ignorant and arrogant. Hope your not like that int he real world.

sounds like it's time to merge your server with another, if things are that bad. that's why you should always play on the most populated servers, theres a population.

POT5 is usually heavy and theres only like 90-130 people in fleet around 7pm.