• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

: LFG Athiss

"me"

"inv"

"i come"

This is the "immersion and social interaction" some people here are desperately trying to save. The argument is a joke at best.

The social part takes place in the FP, not while LFG.

LFG tool needs to be implemented ASAP, chat only covers 1 area while people your level are always spread out over 3-4, making LFG stupidly difficult and inconvenient.

I'm just gonna quote this because this is absolutely correct.

I don't see what a dungeon finder has to do with the destruction of community. Can you elaborate on your strange comment?

Because it is more social to find a group by yourself than have the game find it, go through a boring and mechanical run, and come out w/o any new friends.

Because it is more social to find a group by yourself than have the game find it, go through a boring and mechanical run, and come out w/o any new friends.

Did you even read the quotes right above yours?

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

*Get's bored and goes back to questing*

Look at all my friends now!!

Im sure we will get it

Then i might actually do a FP more then just once, really boring just looking for groups right now

I can interact with the group i get, i really do not fear randoms that much

So give us the tools please :)

Did you even read the quotes right above yours?

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Athis

LFG Tank Ath

*Get's bored and goes back to questing*

Look at all my friends now!!

replace tank with healer and you have summed up my "social experience" with spamming chat for grps. people defending this game not having one are in denial

I don't know if it would 'ruin' the community or not, but if something as complicated as a Dungeon Finder is added before anything is done to help the Roleplaying community I'll cancel my Subscription on the spot.

can i has ur stuff

Folks, even though I was only in closed for a few months, I can say that the game does not need a cross server dungeon finder, or dungeon finder at all. No one ever had any problems with finding groups for flashpoints/heroics in beta. I really don't see any reason people need a dungeon finder than to grind flashpoints. Honestly the flashpoints (at least pre-50) are meant to be done once or twice by the character before moving on. It's meant to be part "of your unique story" combining the class quests and planet quests. If you are grinding flashpoint after flashpoint you've already missed the point.

The whole argument is stupid. It's like saying that PvP warzones ruin a sense of community because you just queue up for those and get tossed in by a computer system without having to piece together a group in chat. Or saying that any matchmaking service in any game ruins the sense of community. The only possible thing about it that is problematic is getting grouped up with people from other servers, which happens to be really prevalent in games with hundreds of servers available like WoW and SWTOR. But they don't have to make it do that. Just model it after the warzone queuing system.

It baffles me that anybody actually thinks this is true while simultaneously standing for a PvP matchmaking system. PvP warzones ruin world PvP by incentivizing their use over invading a capital city or a small town with a group of people. This argument is a thousand times truer than the statement that a dungeon queue ruins communities.

Edited by krameriffic

Folks, even though I was only in closed for a few months, I can say that the game does not need a cross server dungeon finder, or dungeon finder at all. No one ever had any problems with finding groups for flashpoints/heroics in beta. I really don't see any reason people need a dungeon finder than to grind flashpoints. Honestly the flashpoints (at least pre-50) are meant to be done once or twice by the character before moving on. It's meant to be part "of your unique story" combining the class quests and planet quests. If you are grinding flashpoint after flashpoint you've already missed the point.

False. Finding groups was an even bigger hassle in Beta because each Flashpoint was on a separate ship in the galaxy. Don't make huge generalizations about everyone's experience based only on your experience.

Also, it doesn't logically follow that making it easier to find groups leads to poeple only doing flashpoints. You're jumping to so many conclusions, it's like your allergic to reason.

Check this out... Do /who then type in the lvl you want, see the classes, and ask them politely.

I dont run with guild, and I'm never waiting for more then 5 min.. Because I actually use the keyboard.

Try it... you'd be surprised.

Thats the worst idea ever, in there is LFG people who want to do Flashpoints/RAID can queue whenever they want instead of spending an hour spamming in local or bother people.

Are the biotards on these forums still going on about destruction of communities? Yeah its way better to have all of the flashpoints completely deserted cause it takes forever to find a group. Why would they think about putting LFG in? I love the sense of community u get from spamming chat dont u guys? Its not like I can q for pvp and get geared 10 times faster. Id rather sit there spamming chat for an hour cause I love the community!

No multiserver anything plz.

I don't have a problems with a serverwide LFG chat (wich you can turn off) or a local dungeonfinder. However what's most needed is that you can start dungeons in the world, let a shuttle pick you up or smth and drop you off at the same point after the dungeon, not forcing you to go to the fleet.

The whole argument is stupid. It's like saying that PvP warzones ruin a sense of community because you just queue up for those and get tossed in by a computer system without having to piece together a group in chat. Or saying that any matchmaking service in any game ruins the sense of community. The only possible thing about it that is problematic is getting grouped up with people from other servers, which happens to be really prevalent in games with hundreds of servers available like WoW and SWTOR. But they don't have to make it do that. Just model it after the warzone queuing system.

It baffles me that anybody actually thinks this is true while simultaneously standing for a PvP matchmaking system. PvP warzones ruin world PvP by incentivizing their use over invading a capital city or a small town with a group of people. This argument is a thousand times truer than the statement that a dungeon queue ruins communities.

This.

Then I vote for a Battlemaster type person that you have to go to that exsists on the planet that the Warzone is taking place on.

Oh wait, you all would be against that to because then you would actually have to take the time out of your missions to go to that planet to do a warzone. God forbid a developer actually force you to work for something inside the game.