Am I the only person who noticed that EAG doesn't deduct from your 30 days?

WaveRaider

http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq

Your 30 days of Game Time will not start until December 20th, even if you redeem your code in before December 20th (for example, during Early Game Access).

I don't get it, why are people complaining about free game time?

Last time I checked people don't get outraged if the first 100 people in a line to a basketball game get a free t-shirt, or if 500 buyers are selected in a lottery to get a free prize... right?

Well I'm not in the game yet, but really, you have to a special kind of person to hate on other people getting free stuff, because the free stuff you get is less special than theirs.

BTW: if you got in EGA, you can cancel your preorder, get a full refund and still play on BW's dime. So if you're not satisfied, just do it!

Edited by WaveRaider

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Because everyone who preorders seems to feel a sense of entitlement. Buying the preorder meant they were *owed* early access, rather than it being a gift given.

Let me add to this:

...even tho they were told, from day 1, that the launch would be staggered.

Honestly, I don't know of any games early access that counted against your first 30 days.....

Edited by Skoobie

Because everyone who preorders seems to feel a sense of entitlement. Buying the preorder meant they were *owed* early access, rather than it being a gift given.

I sure dont feel entitled. Well I do. I feel entitled to UP TO 5 days access and since I pre-ordered a week after Thanksgiving beta I feel entitled to get in on the 19th...since thats basically what I was told I will get. Anything beyond that is just a bonus.

its not because we feel entitled. its because they CAN let us in they're just not choosing to.

That's like that store that has 500 basketballs and 400 people are lined up to get them. They give 5 basketballs to the first few people, and randomly pick out 2 people in the line to get 2 more basketballs to. Then they tell everyone to go back home, they're all out of basketballs and will have more in tomorrow, when we can clearly see the stack of 493 basketballs.

They are owed early access, because it was listed as part of the "produce" they were paying for with their $5. The only problem is that they think early access means everyone gets in at the same time early instead of that they get in before those who didn't pre-order at all.

They are owed early access, because it was listed as part of the "produce" they were paying for with their $5. The only problem is that they think early access means everyone gets in at the same time early instead of that they get in before those who didn't pre-order at all.

People who got in today paid ~72 cents per day for early access. People who get in Thursday will have paid $1.00 per day. If they actually have the nerve to make some people wait until the 19th, those people will have paid $5 for a day. If you want to be a stickler and point out that it's included in the total price of the game, it's still 60 dollars for 37 days vs 60 dollars for 36 of game time. Or 35, 34, 33, 32, 31, or 30.

Wrong. We paid an extra 5 dollars to get early access. If I give you 5 dollars in return for something (hmmm....lets do the math shall we? 15 dollars a month equals 50 cents a day, 5 dollars for 7 days early access is 71 cents a day) it is hardly a "gift."

Okay if that is the case then randomize the EGA to anyone who has it pre-ordered.

I.E if you are day one or today you have a random chance of getting online..

if you say anything about "Well I pre-ordered day one, I should have day one early access" then you sir are a hypocrite by basically saying that you are entitled to day one early access launch just because you pre-ordered early.

Because people pre-ordered with the extra game time as part of the advertisement in the package they paid for. Hence they technically paid for the extra days too, by pre-ordering rather than just buying it on the 20th

There is no additional cost to pre-ordering vs buying on release day. those who pay the $5 pre-order fee have that $5 deducted from cost of game on release.

Those who ordered on Amazon didn't have to pay a pre-order fee at all.

So there is no extra cost to pre-ordering, therefore any extra time given is free.

Edited by Krenum

Wrong. We paid an extra 5 dollars to get early access. If I give you 5 dollars in return for something (hmmm....lets do the math shall we? 15 dollars a month equals 50 cents a day, 5 dollars for 7 days early access is 71 cents a day) it is hardly a "gift."

What 5 dollars? Amazon listed the price as $59.95 and that's what I signed up for. Are you telling me the retail price is $54.95?

Because people pre-ordered with the extra game time as part of the advertisement in the package they paid for. Hence they technically paid for the extra days too, by pre-ordering rather than just buying it on the 20th

That still doesn't explain the complaining, since we haven't even hit the 5-day window that was advertised yet.

its not because we feel entitled. its because they CAN let us in they're just not choosing to.

That's like that store that has 500 basketballs and 400 people are lined up to get them. They give 5 basketballs to the first few people, and randomly pick out 2 people in the line to get 2 more basketballs to. Then they tell everyone to go back home, they're all out of basketballs and will have more in tomorrow, when we can clearly see the stack of 493 basketballs.

Would you feel better if the company just told all you that no free basketballs will be given and to just not bother?

I mean hell, they probably could've started EGA yesterday but didn't tell you. Why aren't you complaining that you haven't started EGA a day early? Obviously there's 500 basketballs there that aren't given to anybody.

Or hey, whenever you see a big sweepstake, say when Amazon offer $250 wish list gifts to random people, do you go around complaining that amazon sucks because they can obviously afford to give more wish lists to more people? Why complain about the availability of free gifts? Would you rather give everybody 0 free stuff because hey, everybody must suffer the same as you? Come on.

Would you feel better if the company just told all you that no free basketballs will be given and to just not bother?

I mean hell, they probably could've started EGA yesterday but didn't tell you. Why aren't you complaining that you haven't started EGA a day early? Obviously there's 500 basketballs there that aren't given to anybody.

Or hey, whenever you see a big sweepstake, say when Amazon offer $250 wish list gifts to random people, do you go around complaining that amazon sucks because they can obviously afford to give more wish lists to more people? Why complain about the availability of free gifts? Would you rather give everybody 0 free stuff because hey, everybody must suffer the same as you? Come on.

It wasn't marketed as a lottery, it was marketed as an incentive to pre-order.

Preordering - $59.95 + tax

Retail - $59.95 + tax

???

Also, when you preordered they promised "up to 5 days of early access." That means you could get as little as 1 day. Anyone with a brain understands this, and it isn't a preorder scam because the wording is clear as day. EA telling people that they might have to limit SWTOR preorders in early August was a scam.

It wasn't marketed as a lottery, it was marketed as an incentive to pre-order.

The incentives said nothing about guaranteeing access on Dec. 13th. Do you hate basketball teams for offering free shirts to people who show up early? That's an incentive to go early (i.e. pre-order), but there are no guarantees.

I don't get it, nowhere did they ever say that you were gonna get 7 days playing time free. What kind of person would complain that other people free gifts is better than their free gifts? It's stupid.