Magenta Adegan Crystals (for Magenta Lightsaber)

ThePleasureman

what does this thinner thing do melt ice?

Yes. Its used to get a datacron on hoth. Might be handy. Maybe you want a grappling hook too. It might be like the +10 datacron where you need a full group to get it.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone can use any color crystal, but appearance is all you get out of it. unless you match the alignment you dont get the stat boost from it.

You can not add a color crystal to your weapon that you are not aligned with...

i.e. if you are Light aligned, you can pick up a weapon with a red crystal and use it (usually...) BUT, you can not replace the crystal in your currently equipped weapon with a red crystal.

273.15K = 0 degrees Celsius = ice

Interesting... I wouldn't have thought of it from a chemistry angle.. Good call!

So search Hoth then?

That would be an especially clever science joke if there was something special at 273 x 15 OM Hoth lol!

Edited by Jydradi

anyone can use any color crystal, but appearance is all you get out of it. unless you match the alignment you dont get the stat boost from it.

Actually, to expand upon this, melee skills from a weapon with a forbidden alignment color-crystal also do no damage. I'm not certain whether this also applies to shots fired from a gun with a forbidden color-crystal (although I'd assume so).

So for any melee-centric class, at least, it doesn't pay to use a weapon with a forbidden stone. For a ranged spellcaster (Sages, Sorcerers), though, it's simply a stat loss for using them.

It's actually not difficult at all. There is no RNG element involved, nor do you need to be running around in endgame gear to obtain it, nor do you need an Operation to do so.

And, because I'm such a nice person today, I'll throw in one hint to get you started:

Thanks, I've been waiting for someone to post something relevant since I made this thread. Hopefully I can make something of it.

And, because I'm such a nice person today, I'll throw in one hint to get you started:

Thanks for the hint Georg. Time to start searching Hoth or Ilum, or both! I've searched so much of Ilum already though in beta too..hmm..

Btw just a side note... Hoth is colder than Illum.

If someone finds it before me please send me a private message. Thanks

Remember there's a datacron outside the exhaustion zone blizzard on Illum, look everywhere.

And if those were just coords, hat wouldnt be a hint that'd be a give away.

Edited by ThePleasureman

Hoth, Ilum or Belsavis. It has plenty of snow too...

Or with the tech available in game cold be anything to freeze something. Carbonite maybe? Something that freezes something on a planet?

It's all assuming that the answer is absolute zero. It could be a double bluff and be on Tatooine :D

It's rare because it's undiscovered, not rare because it's terribly hard to get.

That's pretty disappointing. You previously described it as one of the rarest items in the game, and that's just because people haven't figured out how to farm it yet?

That's pretty disappointing. You previously described it as one of the rarest items in the game, and that's just because people haven't figured out how to farm it yet?

It should be moderatley farmable, the plan is rd to obtain and the crystal itself isnt much better than the easy to obtain ones and costs more to make even without the adegan crystal.

It should be moderatley farmable, the plan is rd to obtain and the crystal itself isnt much better than the easy to obtain ones and costs more to make even without the adegan crystal.

I don't disagree with regard to this crystal, my concern is that this is "one of the rarest items in the game."

If one of the rarest items in the game owes its rarity to an obscure puzzle (and thus won't be rare at all once people figure it out), it doesn't sounds very promising as far as having permanently rare items (which, yes, would probably require RNG luck -- or at least a puzzle that isn't easy to complete)

Edited by sangreal