The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Number One with a Bullet doable with Mako?

xioix

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried 32 times yesterday and today, to beat this pull, and I CANNOT DO IT.

I'm so BEYOND frustrated, it isn't even the slightest bit funny anymore...

I'm using Mako, because with Torian, I die in LESS than 30 seconds.

So with her, I jump one, and tell her to attack the other. I grapple him as far as I can, but eventually the aggro draws the other one into my range, and then they're healing themselves again. I'll interrupt one or two of my target's heals, but then he gets a boost from the other guy. Not even to mention the knockbacks! you can't get to a wall because their range is too great!

WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?!

-T

Have her CC one of them while you kill the other one?

Did this at like lvl47 as parakeet spec(had just specced to it before this quest so still sucked at heat management with it and didnt have the increased armpen on railshot from AP). Also didnt have carbonize.

Basically just kept heat low and when mako cc'd the other blew one up chaining interrupts: quell-jet charge-quell-stun-repeat. Rather an annoying fight, but did it on my first try in full tank gear underleveled. /shrug

I stopped questing when I hit 50 so I think my current class quest is 48 or 49. Everything prior to this I did with Mako and other than the first 10-20 levels it was all solo.

:edit:

Having just googled the quest it's one I have not done yet. :(

Edited by Jestunhi

I've tried 32 times yesterday and today, to beat this pull, and I CANNOT DO IT.

I'm so BEYOND frustrated, it isn't even the slightest bit funny anymore...

I'm using Mako, because with Torian, I die in LESS than 30 seconds.

So with her, I jump one, and tell her to attack the other. I grapple him as far as I can, but eventually the aggro draws the other one into my range, and then they're healing themselves again. I'll interrupt one or two of my target's heals, but then he gets a boost from the other guy. Not even to mention the knockbacks! you can't get to a wall because their range is too great!

WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?!

-T

Are you pyro or ST? I did this as ST, I had Mako stun 1 and I killed 1. I removed all auto casting from her bars, and just made her stasis one the whole time. I pop'd medpac/shield at 70% HP, and just interupted the 1 dudes heals.

It's pretty easy. I didn't even realize people were having problems on this i smoked it. And no I didn't get gear until 50 when I was pvp'ing like crazy. So w/e came from class quest rewards is what I was wearing.

Personally, I want to know when Bioware will give me a class that's Tank/DPS/Heals all in one, those Supreme Guards are ridiculous.

As an added bonus I'd have a 'Fearful Staffer' appear in the middle of the fight and distract Mako.

People keep saying, 'Get Mako to Statsis one', sure she can statsis one for 8secs then can't do it again for 30 secs, so in that intervening 22secs he kills her....

Edited by OoglithMasquer

With all the talk of this on the forums, i came to this fight expecting it to be hard. Completed it with ease with mako at lvl 48, with mostly green/blue gear that was not the greatest as a pyrotech PT.

If you can burn the first one fast enough and just throw a stun or two at the other one, you can down them no problems.

idk....i came home after cooling off...and died 10 more times..i cant do it i cant interrupt both of them...i dont know when the other is healing because im focused on 1 of them i have died maybe 40 times today/tonight..im really borderline of just not playing...

Turn on enemy health bars and when they're casting a heal there will be a small cast bar underneath. When it's green, it's a heal. You have (think you're PT, could be wrong) Quell, ranged stun, grapple, carbonize as interrupts. Jet Charge if you're spec'd for it. LOS. Mako's stun (use manually).

With all the talk of this on the forums, i came to this fight expecting it to be hard. Completed it with ease with mako at lvl 48, with mostly green/blue gear that was not the greatest as a pyrotech PT.

If you can burn the first one fast enough and just throw a stun or two at the other one, you can down them no problems.

Well most of the talk of problems seems to come from Shieldtech (tank) builds, seems anyone specced for DPS has no trouble.

I did this as a Shieldtech level 48 with Mako. save all your CCs and Quell for interrupts. Quell first and use a stun for the next interrupt, Quell will be up again for the next time you need it. The heal they cast has a good enough cast time for you to manually stun with Mako, just keybind it to something easy for that fight. As long as you hit all of the interrupts, you will be able to mow one down and once you do that, the battle is yours.

People that have been going at it for awhile, try and predict when they're about to cast their heals. The AI isn't complicated and if you can move out of range before hand, grapple and jet charge are more interrupts you can use. This fight is definitely easier as DPS than Tank spec but it is very doable in both.

Edited by Rykke

Took about 10-12 tries, but then, I had Mako gliche twice, and had yellow (neutral) mobs sudden come in and attack Mako four times.

So in straight up fights it took me about 4-6 tries. The second guard at least twice would move up to stay close to his comrade between stuns and firing on Mako. The repair bill was not kind.

• 2 weeks later...
This is doable at 49 as a Powertech with Mako.

I ran right at them, told Mako to attack the left one, i engaged the right one then when Mako started attacking, backed up (the Guard helped by knocking me away), ran backwards a bit more then used the grappling hook to pull him to me. With a decent distance between them, they didn't try to heal each other. In the time it took me to kill Guard #1, I had to taunt Guard #2 twice to give Mako time to heal herself and stay alive. Once Guard #1 went down, it was relatively easy to kill #2.

Odd, because when I used grappling hook, it had no effect.

I dunno whether they nerfed these guys or just the fact that i had a few 50 daily stuff before going back to finish this (outlevelled my class story due to pvp)

But as pyro with mako I thumped these guys so fast 1 of them tried to cast one heal (which was quelled) and then they were dead. After everything I'd read i was expecting something somewhat harder

If you're not able to solo it wait a while and come back with better gear.

When I was lev 46-47 or so I tried it and couldn't scratch them. (well I could, but nowhere near winning) I died 8-9 times and gave up.

I forgot about it and kept playing, leveled a bit, got some pvp gear, some better mods, weapons, etc., and yesterday went back and tore them apart. I didn't "do" anythng different, I was just geared better.

I'm guessing the people here dying are too low lev or just need to gear up. The ones saying "it was easy" likely had better stuff.

Z

Edited by ZNICK

The only problem I had was with the guards that everyone else has been yelling about.

No matter what, I could not pull them away from each other. Used Grapple at least four times trying to yank one of them away with no luck. So kept on pounding on the right one over and over again while Mako slowly grinded down the left one. Seeing that they both only healed the right one. Once the left one was down to thirty percent, thats when I went and pounded on him CCing them both to stop their heals long enough to drop him. The right one was cake after that.

The only time I ever had trouble was when I had Skadge with me on Belsalvis for the final class quest there.

Two tanks does not a balanced team make lol.