The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

LAZY players will destroy The Old Republic

shakunetsu

Looking for groups queue ruin MMO's, dual spec also hurts MMO's, switching your advanced class later on in your progression will also destroy this MMO. WoW turned everyone into city whores just queuing. Bioware should not accommodate these lazy players. It killed wow, tor is amazing how it is now and all these whiny cry babies need to go back to wow.

You guys know I'm right.

I didn't know dual spec meant = lazy

I didn't know LFG tool = lazy

I guess your definition of lazy is vastly different from mine.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for groups queue ruin MMO's, dual spec also hurts MMO's, switching your advanced class later on in your progression will also destroy this MMO. WoW turned everyone into city whores just queuing. Bioware should not accommodate these lazy players. It killed wow, tor is amazing how it is now and all these whiny cry babies need to go back to wow.

You guys know I'm right.

I sort of agree with dual spec for PVE. With only 3 specs, using 2 of them does seem lazy. But one for PVP and one for PVP would be nice. Once you log into a battlezone, you are using your 2nd spec.

I definitly agree with the OP. LFG tool completely destroyed what little was left of WoW. People just sit in town, theres a whole world out there to be used and no one is in it. The WoW forums are full of threads saying how bad it is, and it is. An MMO is not a 30m play game with hop in and out of. Its an investment of hours and a social experience.

If you dont want to socialize, MMO's arent for you.

As for dual specs, im not against. I am against respeccing advanced classes though.

Dual spec is useful, in wich it lets you maximize your character for 2 different roles, instead of only one. Though i also understand that not having this feature makes you choice of spec that much more meaningful. So, im ok either way. :)

Edited by Nemmar

You guys know I'm right.

No you aren't right. You are being overly dramatic. These things will not hurt ToR.

This game is clearly designed for casuals yet added some very normal tools to the game would break it? rofl ok, so lets keep things hardcore in one of the most casual mmo's out to date, good logic is good.

yet again another bioware fanboi who is obvious new to mmo's and hasnt a clue what makes a successful game, enjoy this game becoming dust in the wind.

Edited by Ishikur

Whats the point of forums and threads if everyone is just gonna ignore all the posts except ones they agree with? All these threads are full of try hards who sit there with their fingers in their ear saying "no one can say anything that might make me change my mind."

What proof can you offer that lfg kills communities? and don't say WoW because as I already pointed out above sitting in SW or Org waiting on queues had nothing to do with the lfg and everything to do with raids and heroics were the only thing to do at max lvl. If lfg killed it then that would require lfg to only be usable in the cities, but it's usable anywhere.

Learn how to do some critical thinking instead of just choosing a feature you dont like and blaming all of a games woes on it.

I can see the point on LFG queue not being good from the stand point of personal experience. During BC, I had a full friends list of people from my server that I grouped with to run instances. It was also a way to meet new people and explore opportunities in other guilds. When the LFG queue machine arrived people turned away from looking for friends in game to group with. Instead it became a simple "click this button and get a group". If the group failed, you just requeued or started to get kick happy on people you didn't know. "They aren't on my server so why should I care?"

While the LFG queue did help with allowing people to get instances done, I would also say the other negative with it was auto-porting to the instance. That was probably the biggest thing that killed the world population in the other game. It was also annoying when people had no idea how to run back to the instance after dying.

I would imagine we need to wait and see how things evolve. BioWare came out yesterday and said the vast majority of players are still under level 30. I can see the main push for an LFG queue coming from those higher than that getting into the less populated zones. I would imagine in a couple months those zones will start to fill out and make looking for groups a bit easier.

You guys know I'm right.

These things turned WoW into a financial and social behemoth.

If it killed WoW, then you wouldn't be using WoW as the benchmark in your post ;)

You guys know I'm right.

I agree with you on queues. I also agree with you about Advanced Classes because that's just like changing your class. Jedi Sage is completely different than Jedi Shadow.

I completely disagree with you about a dual spec though. In essence this game has 2 different modes of play. PvE and PvP. As a healer I am stuck with one spec to have all my tools for PvE. This is not the case for PvP where I want a little more control and the ability to put out a little damage.

I cannot PvE effectively in my PvP spec. I cannot PvP effectively in my PvE spec. Why should I be limited to only one part of the game as much as I am limited by the amount of credits I have? Must be nice to play a class that can use the same spec for every aspect of the game I'm sure.

Edited by Cryptoling

You guys know I'm right.

You are making no sense. You are complaining about city whores just queueing, but there is little difference being in the Republic/Imperial Fleet spamming /1 or being in the Republic/Imperial Fleet waiting for a queue to pop. Both ways you are just standing in one place waiting to get a group.

You are making no sense. You are complaining about city whores just queueing, but there is little difference being in the Republic/Imperial Fleet spamming /1 or being in the Republic/Imperial Fleet waiting for a queue to pop. Both ways you are just standing in one place waiting to get a group.

you mean neither one is more social than the other? you jest!

Well, yes and no. What would be the difference in, 1) Spamming general chat on the fleet for a group or 2) going into a queue and waiting for it. And as for dual spec, I would really REALLY love a dual spec aspect. I play a Sith juggernaut, and I wanna be Rage for PvP, but my guild needs a tank. Am I supposed to just respec every time I wanna do somethin else? I don't think that is a good way to go about it. The game is good, but changing some things wouldn't hurt it.

God dang dude, pick which one you wanna do more and have the conviction to stick to it. I hate how we compromise the few meaningful choices we can actually make with this dual spec crap.

If you absolutely have to do both, roll another character. It's going to take you longer to level both, but it will be worth it in the end to be able to do both!

They should never have a LFD tool imo, it was a cancer in WoW. But this game would benefit quite a bit from a server-wide channel, to look for groups. Say, level 10-20 LFG channel, level 21-30, and then a raid channel. While I appreciate their efforts to make a better community, all their current system does is really tie a player down to a city, instead of letting them go out questing and what have you.

The requests for bypassing and skipping anything and everything will not end, until there is nothing left to bypass or skip. Then there is nothing left to play any more, of any consequence whatsoever.

Did anyone say consequence? Remove it at once! :p

You guys know I'm right.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about the looking for group tool that some MMO's have resorted to using. I hope they never put one in this game. The ability to interact with your fellow players is vital to any social game. If a person cannot form a group to complete a task, that is not a failure of the game, but a failure of the player.

Yah, sitting at a dungeon entrance for 15 minutes, doing nothing while waiting for a group member is the very definition of motivated game play.

Other trends you may have missed.

1. Cars have largely replaced horses.

2. Planes are faster than boats.

3. No need to send mail to someone on actual paper now, there is this thing called Email.

And I *really* hope you don't have a speeder or ever use your quick travel...talk about lazy geez.

Maybe ToR needs an Amish server?

God dang dude, pick which one you wanna do more and have the conviction to stick to it. I hate how we compromise the few meaningful choices we can actually make with this dual spec crap.

If you absolutely have to do both, roll another character. It's going to take you longer to level both, but it will be worth it in the end to be able to do both!

That's ridiculous. You shouldn't have to sacrifice one whole aspect of the game for another.

Yah, sitting at a dungeon entrance for 15 minutes, doing nothing while waiting for a group member is the very definition of motivated game play.

Other trends you may have missed.

1. Cars have largely replaced horses.

2. Planes are faster than boats.

3. No need to send mail to someone on actual paper now, there is this thing called Email.

And I *really* hope you don't have a speeder or ever use your quick travel...talk about lazy geez.

Maybe ToR needs an Amish server?

well lfd tool all they want you is for your role/spec. I used the LFG tool when it first came to wow, that was cool at first, fast dungeons, fast loot, but I was sick of it, I missed making friends on General, its about being social and all it is now is just the fast q for the fast loot.

well lfd tool all they want you is for your role/spec. I used the LFG tool when it first came to wow, that was cool at first, fast dungeons, fast loot, but I was sick of it, I missed making friends on General, its about being social and all it is now is just the fast q for the fast loot.

i think its funny people complain about how anti social lfg made them. i use it all the time with 1 or 2 of my guildies. social time for days!