There's a valid reason why people are upset...

Esaru

The biggest problem with the not wanting to go through the merge server process is that no matter how you flip the quarter you have a 50/50 shot for tails.

1. People play love it and keep playing. No change to pop

2. People play and don't like it and stop playing. Lowers server pop.

3. People play and can't pay for subscription. Lowers server pop

4. Other hyped games are released. Mass effect 3, Diablo 3, Planetside 2. People stop playing.

Bottom line is no matter how you swing it, server consolidations will happen. Sooner or Later it will be best to do so.

On a side note, it could be intended to stop the returns/cancelations of pre-orders by not letting everybody get a lot of play time to not want the game. So that they do collect the 60-90 bucks on 20 Dec.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the first day they brought in so many players to fill the servers there could have been a server crash and possible cascade effect. I think what they are doing right now is how I understand how they were going to be doing the early access.

First come first serve, only so many people to start it out but not to many to cause instability. There are way more things to be mad over than something like this, life is to short to be mad about a game.

theyre also trying to allow for all the people that did get in but were at work because thats going to add more people

Yeah, but I don't think they estimated it properly. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and they allow a LOT more people in this time around.

If the first day they brought in so many players to fill the servers there could have been a server crash and possible cascade effect. I think what they are doing right now is how I understand how they were going to be doing the early access.

First come first serve, only so many people to start it out but not to many to cause instability. There are way more things to be mad over than something like this, life is to short to be mad about a game.

Come on. They stopped after six hours. They just left at 2pm and told everyone "Sorry, maybe tomorrow!" That is no way to run a business.

It's not because of staggered access. We all knew it was going to be like this. We just didn't know how. And now that we're seeing how it's playing out, it's not surprising people are angry.

Bioware finished their fifth wave of invites at 2pm today. Not only is this obscenely early, but none of the servers are even close to being near any sort of 'stress test' point. 95% of them are light and standard.

THIS is why people are mad. Again, not because it's staggered access - um hello, we knew that already. It's because Bioware simply did not do enough to bring in as many people as they could. Instead they've pussyfooted around and are playing it WAY too safe in my opinion. The servers right now are practically DEAD because there's not enough people there. I'm honestly not surprised this doesn't rub people the right way. There's no reason it should

Or we can all just be patient?

First come first serve, well tech I was first. I joined this site before him or her ever paid, whats that worth?

It's not because of staggered access. We all knew it was going to be like this. We just didn't know how. And now that we're seeing how it's playing out, it's not surprising people are angry.

Bioware finished their fifth wave of invites at 2pm today. Not only is this obscenely early, but none of the servers are even close to being near any sort of 'stress test' point. 95% of them are light and standard.

THIS is why people are mad. Again, not because it's staggered access - um hello, we knew that already. It's because Bioware simply did not do enough to bring in as many people as they could. Instead they've pussyfooted around and are playing it WAY too safe in my opinion. The servers right now are practically DEAD because there's not enough people there. I'm honestly not surprised this doesn't rub people the right way. There's no reason it should

You dont know what they are doing, and there isnt a valid reason to be upset, it was up to 5 days early start and now its 7. People are just whining for no good reason, its a couple of days for gods sake, suck it up.

I can't imagine there are still people in the starter zones that aren't alts. Some, probably .. people home late from work, but in an hour or two ..

And you mention it's not that we didn't know about it.

But .. watching it happen. Realizing how much time they are wasting because they don't know whether the people they are emailing to took today off or not. They don't know which of those people will be up late at night playing.

This is just the most inefficient thing I have ever seen.

And the audacity .. to tell us "we will email you when it's your turn" .. my turn? This is like scheduling a vacation, getting to the airport and having the airline say "we'll leave sometime in the next few days" ... ive had plenty of problems with air travel, and they always bend over backwards to get you where you need to go. What does Bioware do? Ignores us and locks any thread they don't like.

Yea i agree i think they could atleast offer a generalized time frame instead of them having everyone hang on a email all day.

dont get me wrong im annoyed at the lack of info but im im not realy upset that im not in game yet. Aug 5th for me so hoping tommorow but either way counting the days till the 20th then they gotta let me in lol

It's only 6:00 PST people. Not everyone who got their invite is even home from work yet...

I'd rather have them ease into this like they are doing then unleash the hounds, crash the servers and have 1 million people talking smack.

Everyone breathe. If you still aren't in after the 15th then you can start complaining - though I still think you need to get a life if you are...

OP - Don't you dare post logic, the people who have gotten in will call you a troll, say you are a QQer, yada, yada.

The truth is your dead on. It's how it's playing out that has people so upset, the realization that at the current rate (they haven't even made it through 4 days of pre orders, 80% of people who pre-ordered will get nothing more then 1-2 days EGA while others will have upwards of 7, then those will run into the mass population of release day...

I'm not really mad, I pre-ordered December 5th so I assumed I would have less of a head start than the first pre-orders. I just assumed they'd be a lot more efficient at it, didn't expect it to be this slow

You do realize, of course, that there are still some people that have gotten their emails and haven't yet had a chance to log into the game because they are at work, right?

Most of us took time of expecting the Head Start date was on the 15th. The quick switch to the 13th left us kind of stuck between work and a broke place. :cool:

:csw_redsaber:.:csw_bluesaber:

You do realize, of course, that there are still some people that have gotten their emails and haven't yet had a chance to log into the game because they are at work, right?

Most of us took time of expecting the Head Start date was on the 15th. The quick switch to the 13th left us kind of stuck between work and a broke place. :cool:

:csw_redsaber:.:csw_bluesaber:

Work is over now for most of NA and the servers are still light and standard. That's kinda my point

soooo... you don't have patience is what you're saying?

So you are saying that it is acceptable that they stopped at 2pm? You are saying it is acceptable that almost every European server and most NA servers are showing light populations.

I love Bioware. I just wish they had not turned into ******* all of a sudden.

Well I agree with you OP, I didn't know the servers were all light/standard population. If there IS a good reason for it, it would be cool if there was a post about it so people don't get pissed for no reason.

Still though, it's not even the advertised ega start date yet, the 15th. So really what they do now shouldn't matter since it was never in the plan, at least not our plans, for anyone to get in yet. Personally, if I'm in by Friday I'm a happy man.

I hope you all realize the reason for letting people in in waves like this is because each tiny zone of the game can only handle 2 or 3 players or it becomes impossible to complete a quest without having to wait for respawns, etc. BW would rather have poeple wait and be angry a little longer than have anyone report on what a horrible experience it is to play in a crowded zone.