The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I would hate to be a GW2 Developer right now.

Klarick

Seriously. SWTOR has raised the MMO bar incredibly high. I can imagine the GW2 team at this moment wondering how the heck they are going to release their game and have to follow SWTOR. My guess is they will now push back production to give SWTOR a little time to cool off. However, I really don't see that doing anything in the long run. SWTOR has set a new standard in MMO's, and others will have to follow or be left in the Free 2 Play cesspool. Oh wait, GW2 will be F2P isn't it?

Anyway, I'm glad I am not on that dev team and have to follow this near perfect launch.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And here comes the GW2 fanboys who think there are so many revolutionary things in their game, when really they are all just gimmicky and the game will seem like a korean grindfest.

I played GW2 twice, two 40 minute demos and the game is overhyped. It will do well with people that don't want to pay monthly fees.

GW2 is basically Rift + Warhammer Online. I think of GW2 as Rift 2.0.

No dedicated healers is a huge mistake that they will regret.

Also, the cinematics and voice acting are terrible when you compare it to SWTOR, Arenanet already is making excuses for how bad it is.

Honestly I was truly looking forward to GW2 and was chomping at the bit over it, but after having hands on time with it at both PAX's and SDCC I'm going to pass on it...honestly for me SWTOR does a lot better job at keeping me entertained. I get YMMV, but honestly I just feel that a lot of people are going to be let down by GW2.

here's some quotes with people who played GW2.

Edited by iResist

Seriously. SWTOR has raised the MMO bar incredibly high. I can imagine the GW2 team at this moment wondering how the heck they are going to release their game and have to follow SWTOR. My guess is they will now push back production to give SWTOR a little time to cool off. However, I really don't see that doing anything in the long run. SWTOR has set a new standard in MMO's, and others will have to follow or be left in the Free 2 Play cesspool. Oh wait, GW2 will be F2P isn't it?

Anyway, I'm glad I am not on that dev team and have to follow this near perfect launch.

lol o god too damn funny

i wish you people would just shut up.

SWTOR is good. it had a good launch.

GW2 is a completely different game.

seriously, why can't you just enjoy SWTOR without harping on another game? you can even buy GW2 and play them simultaneously because GW2 has no subscription fee.

i'll be playing and enjoying both, tyvm.

Edited by nvmvoidrays

If you had a time machine, you could go forward in time and see ever SWTOR-hating, GW2 fanboy on this forum transformed into a GW2-hating, Titan fanboy on the GW2 forum.

Yeah, it's a never ending cycle. Has been like this since EQ.

There's just a lot more MMO players nowadays.

i wish you people would just shut up.

SWTOR is good. it had a good launch.

GW2 is a completely different game.

seriously, why can't you just enjoy SWTOR without harping on another game? you can even buy GW2 and play them simultaneously because GW2 has no subscription fee.

i'll be playing and enjoying both, tyvm.

It didn't have a good launch. You have no idea man. The SWToR people are already pointing fingers at each other and scrambling.

So GW2 is in trouble because swtor has

No world pvp ?

Battleground bot/farming account sharing?

everyone looks exactly same in pvp farmed shinys

4 classes(advanced classes are really not different)

no diversity between classes

Storyline while fun, is incredibly narrow focused int hat it doesn't matter what you say to them, you get exactly same responses every time

Dead lifeless world

Everyone lines up to farm Bg's on the fleet station

GW2 only has

10 classes each one distinct an apart from others

WORLD PVP! focus (Daoc,Asherons Call 1 style)

living world not all instanced (persistent world)

I am enjoying swtor for what it is, but diversity, freedom an life is not what I would use to describe it. A fun, interesting storybook single player with a multiplayer hangout to chat...is more like tor.

Not a bad thing, but raising the bar, defiantly not.

I wish I had known bioware wasn't going to support world pvp by giving us the chance to earn gear as well as the BG farmers, cos I wouldn't have bought it in end, since I only world pvp.

To be honest gear centric MMos is the worst problem facing them today. Daoc really nailed it perfectly with gear just being gear. You can spend 10 min in the fleet station in tor, an see 100 people all looking same....

GW2 only has

10 classes each one distinct an apart from others

WORLD PVP! focus (Daoc,Asherons Call 1 style)

living world not all instanced (persistent world)

Actually, they have one area for world PvP. It's hardly comparable to DAoC. It's only like DAoC based on the fact that it will be a 3 way battle.

Also, the game isn't out yet, so you have no idea how similar/different the classes are, if there will be no bots, or if everyone will look different gear wise.

Edited by Jaku

people hate on gw2 cause SOME people say its bad( just like tOR i see more tor hate but w.e) and that they think it'll be instanced as all hell(yeah like SWTOR isn't instanced to nearly guild wars 1 style) gw2 is a true mmo guys just a f2p one with multiple expansions. Free games get more players but it'll be the same type of people in them as in the pay to play ones lol

Actually, they have one area for world PvP. It's hardly comparable to DAoC. It's only like DAoC based on the fact that it will be a 3 way battle.

Also, the game isn't out yet, so you have no idea how similar/different the classes are, if there will be no bots, or if everyone will look different gear wise.

You need to do your research before you speak, bud

i assume (and believe) they are using their GW1 model that everyone gets same stats and **** on gear BUT all the gear is interchangeable(well not all but most) just so u can get different looks and people buy it alot. its a better system that allows u too look different all the time comapred to people instead of like in TOR the mod gear is worthless at 50 so u DO all look the same

You need to do your research before you speak, bud

Yeah, because the GW2 devs have given more information about the way gear customization will work and their world PvP area.

They're hush hush atm, I follow GW2 also.

"near perfect"? Seriously, I can't even begin to explain why you're wrong because my mother told me not to associate with liars or idiots and you've gone 2 for 2.

Nobody will look(or not everyone atleast) the same because

1) transmutation stones

2) The power plateau. At 80 you farm piece of gears because you like the look of this or that armor/weapons not because it has 9 more stamina or strengh

Many people(myself included) played the demo at Gamescon/PAX so yes we know how the classes are(cept the mesmer which was revealed a week ago)

The world pvp area is in fact instanced but it's huge and the battle last for 2 weeks. it isn't "real" world pvp but it sure has the feeling of it

Edited by mastersloup