Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What is the Appeal of the Empire?

viettrinh

So, maybe it's just me, but a general pattern I've seen is that people tend to favor the Empire over the Republic. On my own server, I would estimate that Imps outnumber Pubs about 1.8 to 1.

For those of you who only roll Imp or who have an Imp for a main, what's your reasoning behind rolling Imp?

Also, for reference, my main is a Smuggler/Scoundrel, and I've rolled a Knight/Guardian and an Inquisitor/Assassin as my alts.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me..it has to be the classes on the imperial side..bounty hunter..spy..the sith, some people just find it more fun to play the bad guy..or not have some "code" they should be following as a jedi or trooper.

I like the stories better as well..more cinematic good feeling goodies 20 levels in on the SW than throughout the entire trooper story line..not even gonna mention how awesome the IA is.

Look at it this way:

If you had the force, what would you do? Would you really follow some kind of sterile dogmatic code? Would you lead a monkish lifestyle, free of all corruption and attachments? I mean, is that *really* realistic?

Think about how often you, on a given, random day, for perhaps a moment just toy with hurting someone. Like, say you're out driving, and some guy cuts you off and then flips you the bird. If you were given the ability to hurt or kill him without any consequences (moral, religious, legal or otherwise), can you honestly say you'd be able to restrain yourself? He's just some random slob, and you can obliterate him with your mind.

The darkside is the force. The Jedi just have it wrong. Peace is a lie. That's the appeal of the Empire.

Edited by LexiCazam
Inappropriate content

Because I rolled Alliance PvP in WoW.

That's a mistake you make once.

But... WoW isn't TOR. For my own reference, why do you expect the "good side" of TOR to mirror the "good side" of WoW?

Also, I've played only a bit of WoW. Is Alliance really that underpowered?

I don't personally like the Empire per-say as I do love the Sith culture. It's all about the Sith lore for me. I tried out the Republic and honestly one of the reasons I deleted my Jedi Knight was the way he held his lightsaber. Looks like hes playing baseball.

1) Better stories.

2) Better looking gear

3) Classes have more flavor

4) Imp side isn't plagued with the sky-lasers visual glitch like the republic

5) Ships look better

6) Lightning vs pebbles

7) Vibroknives vs fists

8) Mandalorians vs randomtrooperfromcutscene002

But... WoW isn't TOR. For my own reference, why do you expect the "good side" of TOR to mirror the "good side" of WoW?

Also, I've played only a bit of WoW. Is Alliance really that underpowered?

Because Alliance/Republic=Blue and Horde/Empire=Red. It's already programmed in your mind as being related.

Republic is expected to be "good" and I can assume will draw in kids and carebears. Empire is about being powerful and cruel so I'd expect a more mature group there. You EVE players will know carebears ;) (least the pirates will)

Because Alliance/Republic=Blue and Horde/Empire=Red. It's already programmed in your mind as being related.

Republic is expected to be "good" and I can assume will draw in kids and carebears. Empire is about being powerful and cruel so I'd expect a more mature group there. You EVE players will know carebears ;) (least the pirates will)

You ARE aware that the largest MMO study ever done pegged the Horde as the younger side, right?

RP Mode Activate!

I'm a Bounty Hunter and I just follow the credits.

/end

I wanted to play a Bounty Hunter. I have a Smuggler alt and I love her as well. Not hating on the force-users, but I like the sarcastic personalities.

It's not about being younger or whatever.

It's about PvP prowess. The 'bad side' always attracted the better PvPers.

False. We both know this idea comes from WoW so I'm just gonna address that directly: the best players in WoW didn't choose Horde because "they're hardcore badguyz". They chose Horde because the racials were, and to an extent still are, horribly imbalanced.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.