Socialite 1 now requires random FP?

Thraka

I'm not sure how it works. I've gotten socialite to tick by solo'ing uprisings and veteran flashpoints (reliably) and yet sometimes if I actually use group-finder it doesn't tick at all.  Socialite will also tick if you walk into an operation.

It might be related to the change that makes the weeklies only work if you run through group-finder with no filters at all.  Which means something in group-finder is messing up socialite that just walking into flashpoints and operations doesn't.

Edited by LD_Little_Dragon

Are you sure? Sometimes the game bugs and doesn't tick it, but you can get Socialite by even soloing any flashpoint. I don't think the filter is the problem here.

Edited by Traceguy

Shrine of Silence does not tick it, but otherwise all other fps, ops (but not lair bosses), uprising, pvp, gsf does. If you don't have all fps selected, it won't tick the fp weekly and won't give you the cq pts for gf.  In addition, Star Fortresses don't tick it even though they will count as vet fps for cq if you haven't done one yet that day.

Just now, tsteenburg said:

Shrine of Silence does not tick it, but otherwise all other fps, ops (but not lair bosses), uprising, pvp, gsf does. If you don't have all fps selected, it won't tick the fp weekly and won't give you the cq pts for gf.  In addition, Star Fortresses don't tick it even though they will count as vet fps for cq if you haven't done one yet that day.

you sure on that? I've had Hive queen tick socialite 1 and 2 before.

1 hour ago, Toraak said:

Interesting. I just did 2 Objective meridian's through the solo tab of activity finder, and neither counted. That's definitely a new change.

I don't remember Solo Story FPs counting for Socialite 1 or 2 before. I could be wrong. but I'm pretty sure that these never counted for Socialite. Vet FP walking in or filtering to a single FP always did.  Hive, TC and other single boss Ops used to but that was changed in 6.0 or 7.0. Even when using GF for them it doesn't work now.  Vet Uprisings also did by walking into them. Not sure now. I don't do them anymore.

Just now, Saeten said:

I don't remember Solo Story FPs counting for Socialite 1 or 2 before. I could be wrong. but I'm pretty sure that these never counted for Socialite. Vet FP walking in or filtering to a single FP always did.  Hive, TC and other single boss Ops used to but that was changed in 6.0 or 7.0. Even when using GF for them it doesn't work now.  Vet Uprisings also did by walking into them. Not sure now. I don't do them anymore.

I've had them count every season when I'm doing the FP objectives in Solo mode.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

Team did a little digging and while they could not find anything that would cause the random FP issue holistically, we can confirm that Shrine of Silence is not giving credit toward Socialite 1. This bug will be tracked and fixed in a future update. Thanks!

• Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Team did a little digging and while they could not find anything that would cause the random FP issue holistically, we can confirm that Shrine of Silence is not giving credit toward Socialite 1. This bug will be tracked and fixed in a future update. Thanks!

It seems Shrine of Silence might not count for the Flashpoint Rally conquest (to do a flashpoint with a guild group) as well.
Because we did it yesterday and it did not complete the Flashpoint Rally objective.

1 minute ago, Darthjantom said:

Flashpoint Rally objective

I'm unfamiliar with that. Is that "Searching For Allies"? That one specifically requires you (and anyone in your group if premade) to have everything checked in the filter. However, it's possible the fix Jackie mentioned is going to fix yours as well. The 2 are likely tied to the same "bug".

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Hey everyone,

It also didn't seem to count for Flashpoint Rally 1 when we did it a couple of days ago.

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

I'm unfamiliar with that. Is that "Searching For Allies"? That one specifically requires you (and anyone in your group if premade) to have everything checked in the filter. However, it's possible the fix Jackie mentioned is going to fix yours as well. The 2 are likely tied to the same "bug".

It's one of the extra conquest objective sgained from guild perks^^

But yeha I figured it could probably be related hence why I brought it up here now as well while devs are looking into the Socialite one.

4 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hey everyone,

I find this unclear. Can you state for the record, Socialite now requires random FP, or this is a bug and we should be able to get credit for Socialite while having some FP's filtered?

2 hours ago, tsteenburg said:

Flashpoint rally 1 and 2 are completing a fp in a guild group. (1 and 3 respectively)

If they would let guilds choose those every week, it would instantly fix the whole Rep Conquest issue, too. As of now, you can only choose them once every 5 weeks or thereabouts.

Just now, Thraka said:

I find this unclear. Can you state for the record, Socialite now requires random FP

It shouldn't. I think OP has just encountered the same bug I often see where Socialite fails to tick after the end of the flashpoint. I will do a filtered hammer station later today and get a guaranteed answer unless someone here already has.

Just now, Thraka said:

If they would let guilds choose those every week, it would instantly fix the whole Rep Conquest issue, too. As of now, you can only choose them once every 5 weeks or thereabouts.

My GM has never picked that perk, which explains why I've never heard of them until today.

2 hours ago, Thraka said:

Absolutely not true. This post is related to solo and solo+ story mode FPs. permitting guilds to chose this as a perk each week is unbalanced and not even remotely related to the Adv Reputation conquest points. Valid for large guilds, maybe... But not even close for the issues at hand.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Saeten said:

Absolutely not true. This post is related to solo and solo+ story mode FPs. permitting guilds to chose this as a perk each week is unbalanced and not even remotely related to the Adv Reputation conquest points. Valid for large guilds, maybe... But not even close for the issues at hand.

So, firstly, I am the OP, and I did not in any way intend to restrict it to those types of FP's. I was specifically talking about Veteran FP's, because that's the situation in which we encountered this issue. Not sure why you think this is about solo stuff. That was something someone else added in.

And as for large guilds, meh, I have 2 people in my guild. Having those guild abilities meant that once a day, the wife and I could run 3 flashpoints, taking about an hour,  and hit our conquest on our characters. I would absolutely trade Rep award for the ability to have FP rally 1 and 2 all the time. It would be much better to simply play the game for an hour and hit conquest doing things I preferred (FP's). I don't see how that would be unbalanced versus rep token, companion gift, and CZ-198, and it would be considerably more fun.

Edited by Thraka

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Traceguy said:

No random flashpoint needed.

image.png.deb6ffa77f4d944d1cf6e79b77a60248.png

So basically, the consensus is this is a fluke/bug, not yet another stealth nerf? I haven't even tried again since it happened. Honestly I have just been so discouraged by the mess of the Rep nerf that have hardly played at all.

Edited to add:

Yup, I just went in and ran one with exclusions and got credit. So there is some kind of bug that sometimes it's not happening, but at least it isn't another stealth nerf.

Edited by Thraka
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Saeten said:

Not sure where you got that idea.  You have never been able to get socialite from story/solo flashpoints. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.