"joined 10 hours ago"

What exactly is going on with all those threads, in which totally new accounts show up, created less than a few hours ago, never posted anything before, and demanding stuff? Is this some kind of new scam?

I suppose it against some rules to link those threads, but without naming and shaming... so you have to dig for yourself or simply believe me on this one. But this can't be real? Or am i wrong here?

In this one thread there is one few years old account with hundreds of posts making a suggestion, followed by a few pages of all brand new accounts, all only a few hours old, which all never posted anything before, other than agreeing with this one person. How likely is it, that this happens naturally?

• Like 2

I noticed that too, but it’s not surprising that new accounts are the most vocal ones. They probably made that account especially to post their grievances. What is your theory? That this forum is being raided by trolls? I don’t think that’s very likely, especially because this game is very easy to complain about without having to troll.

It seems if you have never posted before the last forum update, it shows your account only activated on the day of that first post. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been a player for 2 months or 11 years, it still shows you only just created the account. And considering there are probably a few returning APAC players that left for several years, they may never have posted here before the new forum update. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

Didn't they recently update the forums so preferred players could now post here as well?

I believe they did. But it’s still limited in what parts they can post. For instance, I believe they can’t post in this section. 

My forum presence indicates I joined pre-launch in 2009. 

What's with all these players posting via accounts from only 7 years ago?! 

What could they possibly have to contribute?!

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, arunav said:

My forum presence indicates I joined pre-launch in 2009. 

What's with all these players posting via accounts from only 7 years ago?! 

What could they possibly have to contribute?!

You are totally misinterpreting what this thread is about. It's not about their contribution. Of course they can and should contribute. Their opinion is as viable and important as from every other player too.

This thread is about, why specific threads are overrun with these accounts filling almost 3 pages. Look at this thread for instance and many others. It is not the regulary distribution, that a single thread consists of only new accounts "joined 10 hours ago". Normally there is an even mix from all kinds of accounts.

And we are talking about threads, that don't have any real pressing matters to discuss. It's not like the 7.4.1 bug that blocks players from logging in. Of course one would expect a lot of feedback and this would be a pressing reason to make your first post ever. No, it happens in absolute nonsense threads... and all of the sudden 3 pages of new accounts pick this topic up to discuss?

That is the only point.

Edited by SoontirMorillo

who cares when people joined the game. You can tell when a person has only 10 hours of experience with a game and when a person is an experienced or veteran player.

if you care more about when a person joined than what is being said, that's being judgemental.

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoontirMorillo said:

You are totally misinterpreting what this thread is about. It's not about their contribution. Of course they can and should contribute. Their opinion is as viable and important as from every other player too.

This thread is about, why specific threads are overrun with these accounts filling almost 3 pages. Look at this thread for instance and many others. It is not the regulary distribution, that a single thread consists of only new accounts "joined 10 hours ago". Normally there is an even mix from all kinds of accounts.

And we are talking about threads, that don't have any real pressing matters to discuss. It's not like the 7.4.1 bug that blocks players from logging in. Of course one would expect a lot of feedback and this would be a pressing reason to make your first post ever. No, it happens in absolute nonsense threads... and all of the sudden 3 pages of new accounts pick this topic up to discuss?

That is the only point.

It was a joke. Clearly it was a joke...

On 3/19/2024 at 3:56 PM, TrixxieTriss said:

I believe they did. But it’s still limited in what parts they can post. For instance, I believe they can’t post in this section. 

If memory serves, which it probably does not, they can post in "New Player Help>Introductions" and "General Discussion>Bug Reports" and nowhere else.

4 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

If memory serves, which it probably does not, they can post in "New Player Help>Introductions" and "General Discussion>Bug Reports" and nowhere else.

Yeah, that sounds right. I just assumed it didn’t mean the general section, only the bug reports part. 

My account is an example of that you must be referring to. I starting playing the game in 2011. Patch 7.4.1 was the first time I was frankly, irritated enough to add my voice to the forums. My forum account is what? 2 weeks old? I love the game and have put considerable time and money into it over the years. I'm not entirely sure that these/my posts will amount to any significant change, but I felt I had to try something.

Well my date of joining is correct.

As someone has pointed out, yes some new players do join when new story is added. As I am sure some also return for new story, or a new OP. Many like me only sub once every year or two, for story updates, as this is not my main account. Not to mention players like the one above Darviset who has decided that it time to make his voice heard. Which I think overall is good for the community. 

Scam, maybe, but not jumping to that myself based on what really is just a few new accounts. Not like it's in the hundreds. As for making demands, on that yes I agree which is why I just think these are players second accounts and don't want there main account scrubbed or put a risk. Just a theory I know, but seems more realistic that a scam going on. As not sure what scam it could make happen/accomplish. After all BS could easily just do a background check on the account to see how recent it is.