This game has the WORST raiding experience.

Onstriker

People really need to stop being so retarded, but that will never happen.

TOR is not a long game. If you put in just two-four hours a day, you'd have hit lvl 50 days ago. My main is lvl 30, I joined TOR on the 16th, I've played him for probably an average of an hour a day. I've done every single quest on the planets. I've pvped, I've done space dailies, I've done flashpoints. TOR is simply not a long game. Unless you only play your character for an hour a week, you'll hit lvl 50 real quick. There was no rushing, normal people have already hit lvl 50.

TOR. Is. Not. A. Long. Game.

Yes, skipping all the convos maybe.

My 50 GS played time is 5d43m when it dinged.

Enjoy.

PS: You are also a rich doctor, with a super model for a wife and 2 Bentley right?

Edited by IPaq

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An MMO can't survive on story alone. That's a pipe dream. Story works for one-shot purchases, but you're not gonna pay 15 bucks a month for the ability to re-play a story you've already played a dozen times, now are you?

Besides, as is, the story element of the game makes up a very, very minor part of the game. The actual storyline quests are probably a total of 4-5 hours long per class.

So you also spent mega-bucks on market research.

Lots of players don't give a rats backside about raiding. Like I said there are raiding games out there; knock yourself out.

Edited by onanonehand

did you file in game report whenever you encountered a bug? developers need those reports so that the bugs could be fixed? if you have give them time to implement fixes.

according to the guild that cleared most of the hardmodes, mentioned that there are some new and unique mechanics, did you make sure that something is a bug and not a mechanic?

you say that loot systems etc are ridiculous? that's not a very constructive criticism, suggest what would fix them.

as far as I know target of target will be implemented as well as combat log (though I would prefer something like world of logs rather then in game recount like feature)

overtuned in what way? numerically impossible or just need to figure a better strategy/get better gear?

/obligatory "let developers know about the issues and then give it time"

P.S. I have a feeling that Bioware didn't let players test the raids becasue they wanted everyone to be on even footing when going into raiding. no Beta knowledge to give unfair advantage, no strat videos before the game is even out. I may be wrong, but that's the sense I'm getting

Edited by Jeweledleah

P.S. I have a feeling that Bioware didn't let players test the raids becasue they wanted everyone to be on even footing when going into raiding. no Beta knowledge to give unfair advantage, no strat videos before the game is even out. I may be wrong, but that's the sense I'm getting

That's no excuse hire 20 ppl paying 20 bucks an hour to test it internally and youll have a much better raid enviroment

That's no excuse hire 20 ppl paying 20 bucks an hour to test it internally and youll have a much better raid enviroment

Things can check out great in a test environment like that, and then be totally borked when 10,000 times that amount of players slam the same piece of game with their characters.

That's pretty much how bugs happen in these games.

I hate that MMO's are so mainstream these days. It was so much nicer when it was the domain of PnP nerds wanting to digitize their gaming experience.

I couldn't agree more.

If I may add to what you wrote: I hate that gaming in general has gone mainstream. It was better when gamers weren't necessarily seen as "cool." Furthermore, It's not kids who ruin games, it's the adult demographic.

edit for clarity

Edited by Shortwave

Seriously people are idiots.

Yes it is bad that there are bugs, but ranting out about them generally gets you ignored/flames/trivialized, post a clear and concise list of the actual issues, discuss it calmly the less you act like a little kid the better your feedback will be recieved. All launch MMOs have bugs, it is damn nigh impossible not to have bugs in such huge game worlds, fix one thing and another breaks etc.

Most MMOs end game content is rarely ready to go on launch counting on the leveling process to give them some breathing room, they cannot and will not base content off the 10% (made up number are fun) who play for 5+ hours a day everyday it will be around the majority of the player base who won't hit 50 in the first month.

Also yes it is 100% fair to compare each new release MMOs to the previous release state of other MMOs. People seem to forget that the game isn't competing with how long the game has been out but also that games dev time. WoW has been out for 7 years, was announced in 2001 and released in 2004 that is 3 years of development confirmed and probably a couple more done before the announcement. Are you really saying that any modern MMO released needs to be able to compete with 10+ years of development and polish right of the bat, if you are you may need to re think that stance.

Starwarsfans in most threads: Stop comparing to wow!

Starwarsfans in this thread: " Yes but wow back in the day at launch had...."

How do some guys feel the need to defend that raiding in this game is a wreck right now?

You guys care so much that precious swtor is soooo great and gonna be the new nr.1 on the MMO market but at the same time try to cover any of the glaring issues so it wont be improved and has nowhere else to go as in the same direction STO/Rift/Aion etc. did.

Please tell me i must know lol.

Apart from that stop bashing OP and others for having rushed. MMO's cover a wide range of players, including people who level faster then average, who are you to tell them their way of palying is wrong? Get of your high horses, Bioware never wrote anywhere that getting to 50 fast would be inacceptable or not supported.

If BW released the game with raiding content for their players then they should make sure its atleast semi functional, not just there as a sales point but in reality an absolute wreck.

Apart from that claiming that WoW was not better back in the day is completely pointless. This game does not compete with 2004 wow, it competes with 2011/12 wow and other MMOs. Saying there once was a game just as bad a decade ago is worth nothing.

SW: Tired Of Running. Maybe they should add 14 kilometer long hallways between bosses to stretch the Raiding content just like the leveling content :p

Edited by Anelitt

Raid bosses one shotting players is a challenge thing. If it's too challenging for you then you aren't hardcore. Bosses that would one shot members of a raid have been around for awhile in true hardcore games.

Anyone else remember in EQ when the first people made it to the Plane of Fear and you would hear Cazic shout their name so the whole world would know that they died from the sound of his voice.

I really hate how "Hardcore" gets tossed around these days. I never considered myself "Hardcore" but damn as a casual player I've done more challenging stuff than 90% of these self proclaimed "Hardcore" players have done. I hate that MMO's are so mainstream these days. It was so much nicer when it was the domain of PnP nerds wanting to digitize their gaming experience.

Amen.

WoW has completely skewed the raiding experience. I use to call WoW "EverEasy" because it was so simple. Play Everquest Pre-Luclin expansion to get an idea what "hard core" is lol. People were literally in tears after 8 hours of wipes, and oh yea, death actually meant something (significant exp loss).

Looking forward to the end game here, but I'm guessing it ain't that bad. A one shot boss!?? Oh no!!!! (that's sarcasm).

Starwarsfans in most threads: Stop comparing to wow!

Starwarsfans in this thread: " Yes but wow back in the day at launch had...."

How do some guys feel the need to defend that raiding in this game is a wreck right now?

You guys care so much that precious swtor is soooo great and gonna be the new nr.1 on the MMO market but at the same time try to cover any of the glaring issues so it wont be improved and has nowhere else to go as in the same direction STO/Rift/Aion etc. did.

Please tell me i must know lol.

Apart from that stop bashing OP and others for having rushed. MMO's cover a wide range of players, including people who level faster then average, who are you to tell them their way of palying is wrong? Get of your high horses, Bioware never wrote anywhere that getting to 50 fast would be inacceptable or not supported.

If BW released the game with raiding content for their players then they should make sure its atleast semi functional, not just there as a sales point but in reality an absolute wreck.

Apart from that claiming that WoW was not better back in the day is completely pointless. This game does not compete with 2004 wow, it competes with 2011/12 wow and other MMOs. Saying there once was a game just as bad a decade ago is worth nothing.

SW: Tired Of Running. Maybe they should add 14 kilometer long hallways between bosses to stretch the Raiding content just like the leveling content :p

Exactly. I have over 20 tickets opened/closed, all I get is a ****** response saying your ticket has been redirected to the responsible department, no fix tho.

Customer support is crap.

On the side note, they seem to be very quick when it comes to giving our warning on the forums to ppl that talk **** about their game.

WOW had a bad launch, but I don't remember their instances having loot issues. From what I remember, they had Stratholme, scholo, BRD, LBRS and UBRS that could be farmed over and over again for the blue tier gear to set up for MC which didn't take that long to come out. Edited by fro_do_fraggins

This is not 2004.

You got that right, it's 2011.

As in, the game thats being released is not of 2004 quality either.. meaning it's going to be more complex / demanding.. meaning there's a possibility for many more complications.

Common sense isn't so common I guess :p

Exactly. I have over 20 tickets opened/closed, all I get is a ****** response saying your ticket has been redirected to the responsible department, no fix tho.

Customer support is crap.

On the side note, they seem to be very quick when it comes to giving our warning on the forums to ppl that talk **** about their game.

explain to me something. do you honestly expect them to fix bugs IMMEDIATELY in a game of that size? during a holiday season? more over, do you think you are the only person opening tickets? how many people do you think they have working? and do you honestly believe that moderators on the forums (which honestly, I saw 2 of, that's it), are the same people who GM the game, are the same people who do the coding and deal with bug fixes? are you expecting them to be everywhere at once and magically manage to immediately do everything all at once?

I'm not saying that there are no issues. I'm saying that some of them people in this thread have ridiculously unrealistic expectations, that most likely come form never having to work on something of this scale and complexity.

Edited by Jeweledleah

Do people have no sense of temporal awareness whatsoever? WoW's launch was 7 years ago; you'd expect the industry to have moved on since then. It's a completely irrelevent comparison, the only thing that matters is the current experience each mmo on the market is offerring for your hard earned money. If indeed the OP's criticisms of the raiding experience are correct, then Bioware should listen to the raiding community and improve the quality of this aspect of the content accordingly. Making inappropriate comparisons between a contemporary mmo and a 7 year old experience is an exercise in futility, and the more I read that same stupid comment, the more annoying it gets, because no doubt every irrational idiot that reads it feels the need to spew it out on some other thread where it just becomes increasingly unconstructive and stupid. If you can't think for yourselves, at least find a rational argument to copy/paste.

People really need to stop being so retarded, but that will never happen.

TOR is not a long game. If you put in just two-four hours a day, you'd have hit lvl 50 days ago. My main is lvl 30, I joined TOR on the 16th, I've played him for probably an average of an hour a day. I've done every single quest on the planets. I've pvped, I've done space dailies, I've done flashpoints. TOR is simply not a long game. Unless you only play your character for an hour a week, you'll hit lvl 50 real quick. There was no rushing, normal people have already hit lvl 50.

TOR. Is. Not. A. Long. Game.

14 days at an average of one hour a day...so 14 hours and you're lvl 30?

You sure about that? Remember you're under oath...oh wait, taking work home with me again :mad:

I've spent over 140 hours now on TOR. I'm lvl 46.

TOR. Is. A. Long. Game. Unless. You. Choose. To. Skip. Content.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

Long time WoW raider and level 50 Assassin tank here...

The countdown clock is ticking and i hope Bioware knows it.

As a long time Raider, I am giving this game until the release of MoP to impress me with its end game raids, or im just gonna go back to the tried and true King of MMO-Raiding World of Warcraft!

Tick....Tick....Tick...

Edited by Baneberry

i wonder why people are to to *********** stupid to understand that the content is released should be free of MAJOR bugs...

Nobody cares about a archealogy node that you cant target.

People care about content , what is there to do in this game?

And if you add content , they should make sure that it dousnt screw you around of few bugs

And QQ about "your rushed it" is invalid , everybody is free to play how much they want.

Content should be playable without major bugs.

Period