G510 Logitech Applet?

Korass

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also would really like to see support for this. Bought a G15 way back and it finally got to the point where it needed to be replaced so just got one of these G510's and its even better. Using this thing when I am on my laptop upstairs. (Upgrading to the Razer ToR keyboard for my desktop gaming rig as soon as I can but will still use the G510 frequently)

The neat thing about the applets for the G-series keyboards is that you don't have to write one for each model. The software works across them all... legacy software may be required for the older models but so what? It functions the same. I'm running the legacy software on my newer G510 simply because I prefer the UI. The new software is pretty snazzy too though.

I've read about the applets too. You can write your own if you have a Visual Studio 5 package on your machine. The only think you'd need from BioWare is the game I/O (APIs?). There's been a lot of chatter about that though, and I think so far the bias is to stay away from opening the APIs. If they open the APIs, very quickly developers could introduce a lot of seemingly great applets for the game, but stuff that could completely alter the game experience. For example, gearscore. Maybe a lot of people like/need it... I don't. But if they introduce it as an app, I'll HAVE to have it in order to keep up with everyone else and be a viable game participant. Granted, that's a pretty extreme assumption... but I think that's the point. We (judging by the forum chatter here) seem to want to keep the game fair, keep to the stories, and be able to interact without limiting our perspective with judgements based on some contrived number thinking the higher numbers mean higher skill and higher viability. /imho

So, bump for useful apps! Maybe they're planning on releasing some in the future as "sponsored" apps to limit the cheese.

I've got a G510 and I'd like to add my...

well...

complete lack of any real care about this. :)

I never even look at that panel, except maybe to see what time it is during cutscenes. I find having that kind of info there is more of a distraction than anything else. I look at my screen for my player's stats.

But in the interest of supporting my fellow gaming keyboard owners, do it!

Edited by imtrick

Hurray for G510!!! Makes our lives so much easier! Searching for something for SWTOR for my G510 lead me here so hoping someone can make something soon since I ain't gots them smarts and learnins to do it.

I don't object to the idea, but I'm curious: Do you guys actually look down at your keyboard when you play?

Just wondering. I have a G15, and I very rarely ever do. That's why the only applet I run is LCDSirReal so I can check system performance (CPU/GPU temp, network traffic, volume level).

Edited by saltorio