G510 Logitech Applet?

Korass

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to see so many people with fully functioning G510s :)

I got one for my new set up and thought the extra buttons would be handy for macros. Worked fine for the first two months and then the system would start to hang on startup getting no further than the windows logo. After much frustration and disck scanning the only suggestion from the autofix was to remove any recently attached cameras as the system could not be fixed.

Took out everything that was connected by USB... G700 mouse (which I love) and the G510 keyboard. System starts fine.

Never heard of this kind of clash before and went to Logitechs forums where it seems a few people have issues with a Windows 7/ G510 application clash.

Rolling back to the legacy 3.06 software helped for exactly three startups before it too just sat at the windows startup screen.

The root cause is beyond my ken but removing all the keyboard related programs has sorted the hang at start up. And in the last month I have had no BSODs or CTDs in any game which previously had been happening about once-twice a week. Hesitant to completely blame the G510 software for that but too much of a coincidence if you ask me.

So now I hve a wonderful mouse and a keyboard with a screen that proudly shines it's a G510 and a host of useless buttons.

As I said this wasn't an immediate problem but developed after a couple of months so just keep it in mind should you start to experience any wierd and wonderful changes to system startup.

As to the OP, I actually found I got more use out of having the LCD set to clock so I could see at a glance how long I'd been playing. All the other stuff I need to know was more immediately available on the actual computer screen. Of course YMMV :)

Edited by Vhaegrant

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
bump because this NEEDS to happen. CMON BW "double-U-Tee-eff" you would think we are asking for controlling shares or something. sheesh its a stat applet for crying out load. The SWTOR razer KB was a total fail, make amends give us the G510 SWTOR applet please

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
i got a g15 but come on Bioware, why when theres so much demand for something so trivial has been totally ignored, or is it that with all the cash ur making from CC n subs cant u afford it? kinda like ur support team, had an open ticket for 2 weeks now with no reply.... honestly i thought u ppl were better than this