Game Update 7.4.1 "Building a Foundation" Coming March 12th!

3 minutes ago, ytrenor said:

Also, how are we supposed to get jawa scraps and the other stuff we got from deconstructing i270-i320 gear drops? Buying and deconstructing i306 gear with tech frags (that I need for other things) has zero appeal.

Yes, @JoeStramaglia & @JackieKo this needs to be answered. If this change is working as intended & it isn’t just bugged, how are we supposed to farm Jawa Junk & tech frags now? 

Have you added some other way for us to do this or are you intending on removing Techfrags as a currency? What about Jawa Junk, are you intending to remove this too? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Yes, @JoeStramaglia & @JackieKo this needs to be answered. If this change is working as intended & it isn’t just bugged, how are we supposed to farm Jawa Junk & tech frags now? 

Have you added some other way for us to do this or are you intending on removing Techfrags as a currency? What about Jawa Junk, are you intending to remove this too? 

I'm out of forum reaction to put a like, just want to add: Not just how to get the jawa scrap, but also what we can actually buy from the jawa vendors, that are the only place we can acquire them, and are still required for some craftings. If jawa scraps goes down the drain, how do we get the other mats?

Edited by ytrenor

33 minutes ago, ytrenor said:

I'm out of forum reaction to put a like, just want to add: Not just how to get the jawa scrap, but also what we can actually buy from the jawa vendors, that are the only place we can acquire them, and are still required for some craftings. If jawa scraps goes down the drain, how do we get the other mats?

Exactly this 👆

Would love for a dev to respond to this please. 

• Like 1

After having slept on the recent patch I came to some conclusions. From this day forward I will refer to this patch as the Nerf Patch, somehow I find this even worse than 7.0 itself and that is saying something.

They nerfed the cq points for reputation that only hurts small guilds and those that have alot of alts, most of us do, since I don't play all day I will just start playing one imp and one pub.

Then it was added new cosmetic gear for our space barbie endevours, thats a good thing right, not a nerf, wrong, they took gear for us to deconstruct and even the bags of currency and instead they give you something that I am just throwing to the floor cause I can't even sell it.

And to top it all off they just did all of this without mentioning anything to a soul thinking that we wouldn't notice it, what is the point of patch notes if this type of info just gets hidden.

I haven't even done the date with Lana due to my massive disappointment with this update I just don't have the will to do it.

• Like 2

As noted in my General Discussion post, I am a 12 year continuous subscriber. I have from time to time had to manually renew my subscription after a payment issue.

I'm also a founding APAC player :)

Well disaster struck on the 10th of March - my sub dropped for MUCH-LESS-THAN-A-DAY due to a payment issue !#$@%#$@%

Now I can no longer claim my 16 free transfers!  I am beyond reproach! This really is the last straw for me and the long term relationship with EA / Bioware / Broadsword or whomever it is that's responsible for the bad decisions that run rampant in this game now a days.

Support basically fobbed me off with a bit of a boo-hoo bad luck for you!!

I'm seriously going to look for a new MMO for my wife and myself to pass the time once the subs expire on my 3 accounts....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Exactly this 👆

Would love for a dev to respond to this please. 

Considering that Artifact Jawa Junk is the only way to get Solid Matrix which are required 286 and 300 Augments. (950K on SS and SF)

I'll say it again - I really don't believe that any of these clowns really PLAY the game - they may tinker with or test it but they don't PLAY it seriously - and there's certainly none of them that have played since launch and seen ALL-THE-GOOD-STUFF disappear!

• Thanks 1

Reputation Conquest Objective. The amount of Conquest points earned for the Reputation Conquest Objective was reduced and new objectives have been added to balance time, effort, and points granted.

If you just hate conquest this much why not just remove it instead.  As for me I can't do this anymore.  I've been carrying two small conquest guilds since my friends quit after 7.0.  But I can't do it anymore thanks to the new patch.  All conquest players should consider putting the game down.  I need to email my guilds and let them know.  I'm so disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lingburger said:

Considering that Artifact Jawa Junk is the only way to get Solid Matrix which are required 286 and 300 Augments. (950K on SS and SF)

I'll say it again - I really don't believe that any of these clowns really PLAY the game - they may tinker with or test it but they don't PLAY it seriously - and there's certainly none of them that have played since launch and seen ALL-THE-GOOD-STUFF disappear!

So....you CAN still get Jawa Scrap of all levels.

You just need to have a toon whose gathering skills are not max'd out, then go to a higher level planet and spend time getting nodes.

If your slicing is under 100, go to Yavin and farm slicing.

It won't last forever, you'll be leveling up.   BUT...if you wanted...you could always drop slicing and re-learn it.

Not ideal, as a matter of fact it kinda sucks.

Hopefully they fix this mess.

15 hours ago, ytrenor said:

here is another thing that is not mentionned in the patch notes: the removal of character level gear drop from any NPC, and replaced by some stup*** i8 unsellable gear (worth 0 credit). Whatever the level of the characters (I actually only tried level 76 and 80 (for these 2 toons, I got no i270ish or i320ish gear drop). Plus these i8 gear can't be deconstructed, only deleted. At it again forcing a zero credit economy with a very bad idea. (I've got more than enough credits on most servers except Shae Vizla, so not a real issue, plus I don't buy much off the GTN in the past 2-3 years as I got all the CM armors, weapons and mounted I wanted, when the economy was ok for my taste (prior to 6.0).

So now I have unwanted new gear as drops that I can't deconstruct or sell (even if I could sell them on the gtn (I haven't tried yet), who is really going to buy these worthless gloves, bracers, boots, etc. (I haven't got any good looking chest piece so far, but that is the only thing that I see players "might" be interested in).

Negociation: Just stop the gear drop if you don't really want to put them in the game! That be less ftrustrating.

Also, how are we supposed to get jawa scraps and the other stuff we got from deconstructing i270-i320 gear drops? Buying and deconstructing i306 gear with tech frags (that I need for other things) has zero appeal.

I'm so disgusted by the cq reputation nerf that I didn't even log in yesterday. But are you saying that we are getting this cosmetic armor INSTEAD of the deconstructible gear? I thought they were adding it to what we had, not taking away actually useful drops. Did they also get rid of the bags of tech, WZ, cq commendations, and OP? If so, I just won't log in ever again. What's even the point. Certainly not to play stale content that I've already done a thousand times.

6 hours ago, KyraMalakai said:

After having slept on the recent patch I came to some conclusions. From this day forward I will refer to this patch as the Nerf Patch, somehow I find this even worse than 7.0 itself and that is saying something.

They nerfed the cq points for reputation that only hurts small guilds and those that have alot of alts, most of us do, since I don't play all day I will just start playing one imp and one pub.

Then it was added new cosmetic gear for our space barbie endevours, thats a good thing right, not a nerf, wrong, they took gear for us to deconstruct and even the bags of currency and instead they give you something that I am just throwing to the floor cause I can't even sell it.

And to top it all off they just did all of this without mentioning anything to a soul thinking that we wouldn't notice it, what is the point of patch notes if this type of info just gets hidden.

I haven't even done the date with Lana due to my massive disappointment with this update I just don't have the will to do it.

I'm out of forum likes or I wouldn't have replied, just liked this because it's exactly where I am at, too. I was really ticked off about them charging crazy rates to use Quick Travel, so I haven't been playing as much as I once did. But I was slowly working around it (not using it, pretty much!), and I was doing more cq on more toons to help more smallerish guilds. I was also sort of working on 340/344 gearing and crafting up my augs, but that's all gone now, too. This game just doesn't work anymore for anyone who already done all the content, and new players aren't going to join a game this old that is losing long-time players at a record rate.

I was really looking forward to date nights, too. But that balanced against the cq reputation and drop nerfs? Naw, I'll take a pass.

• Like 1

I would be a great deal more disappointed at how little romance the "Date Night" cutscenes actually gave us ... if it wasn't for the fact that I had learned, from previous experience, not to expect much to begin with.

I would be a great deal more disappointed at the lack of a Reputation track in Galactic Season 6 ... if it wasn't for the fact that those Reputation tokens have very little value now that they've obliterated the Conquest Objective for using them.

Honestly ... I renewed my subscription on Monday, all set for the new Galactic Season, but if I had known that this Season was going to require about five or six times more grinding than I was expecting it to, I probably would have thought twice about resubscribing.

• Like 3

if I had known that this Season was going to require about five or six times more grinding than I was expecting it to, I probably would have thought twice about resubscribing

Huh, I keep wondering why they didn't tell us about this nerf until after it was done ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know this complaint is probably small potatoes compared to the Rep CQ nerf, but WHY ON EARTH isn't the "centerpiece" hook on the landing pad in Copero a "ship" hook instead? What exactly is a landing pad for if not to put a ship there? I know some of the other SHs have this same issue on the landing pads, but really? This brand new, pretty SH, and you can't put a ship on the landing pad? Come on, now.

1 hour ago, Ahndri said:

I know this complaint is probably small potatoes compared to the Rep CQ nerf, but WHY ON EARTH isn't the "centerpiece" hook on the landing pad in Copero a "ship" hook instead? What exactly is a landing pad for if not to put a ship there? I know some of the other SHs have this same issue on the landing pads, but really? This brand new, pretty SH, and you can't put a ship on the landing pad? Come on, now.

I use it as a balcony, not a ship platform. You can make a really nice outdoor lounge setting there.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, michaelkdaw said:

I use it as a balcony, not a ship platform. You can make a really nice outdoor lounge setting there.

That would be nice, but having the option to put a ship there would also be great! 🙂 More options are never a bad thing.

What about that garage area off to the side? I know it's not the landing platform, but that one has a full ship hanger, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe that's a good alternative.

Anyway, I know what you mean, and you're right. Just wanted to provide some alternatives.

23 hours ago, ytrenor said:

There is another thing that is not mentionned in the patch notes: the removal of character level gear drop from any NPC, and replaced by some stup*** i8 unsellable gear (worth 0 credit). Whatever the level of the characters (I actually only tried level 76 and 80 (for these 2 toons, I got no i270ish or i320ish gear drop). Plus these i8 gear can't be deconstructed, only deleted. At it again forcing a zero credit economy with a very bad idea. (I've got more than enough credits on most servers except Shae Vizla, so not a real issue, plus I don't buy much off the GTN in the past 2-3 years as I got all the CM armors, weapons and mounted I wanted, when the economy was ok for my taste (prior to 6.0).

Just tried on a fresh new toon, and they also get those worthless i8 gear instead of the usual level progressing drop.  Might not sound much for the 12 year old multi-billionaire players, but for new players, it can be a big deal for unlocking their inventory, perks, or even something as simple as an outfit.

I guess, the devs made their analysis, and found there is pretty much zero new players coming (and sticking) to the game, so that it was not a big deal for the company if whatever few new players suffer their economic austerity.

8 hours ago, kaydinali said:

Hello,

my launcher is still stuck on updates. I have not had this happen before. What can I do to fix it?

Go to this forum thread in the Bugs section & see if any of the solutions apply to your problem. That will be the best thread to get answers from.

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/934089-unable-to-login-into-swtor/page/9/#comment-9805146

On a positive note, I would like to thank the development team for actually fixing the pets. That needed to be done for a LONG time. No I'm not saying that this fixes all the stuff wrong right now but it was an extremely pleasant surprise.

• Like 1

Yea, they also fixed the Fitted Armor's giving 100 Credit's, to clear them out faster!  

• Need to improve drop chances of the (previous 324) now 320 Gear, currently you're lucky if you get 1 every 2 hours.
Edited by Strathkin
Grammar