Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

No Companions for GS 6? What's the motivation to even try it?

23 minutes ago, juliushorst said:

Why not both? :)

Personally I only use strongholds for conquest bonus so if they want to give us more strongholds, they should increase the bonus. It would also mitigate 7.0 changes that doubled required points for personal goal.

I only use the fleet apartments because it is the only worth while stronghold with chat for trading and ops grouping.

All other strongholds are useless because there is no default world wide Trade or LFG chat that everyone uses. Most of the planets strongholds are located on are lucky to have 5 people on the planet, there is no conversation happening on there so the strongholds feel empty.

Edited by Darkestmonty

3 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

I only use the fleet apartments because it is the only worth while stronghold with chat for trading and ops grouping.

All other strongholds are useless because there is no default world wide Trade or LFG chat that everyone uses. Most of the planets strongholds are located on are lucky to have 5 people on the planet, there is no conversation happening on there so the strongholds feel empty.

Reading the chat on Dromund Kaas, full of perverts, creeps, trolls and degenerates, is entertainment in itself. This is also the reason why I only use this stronghold. If only it was possible to connect to the chat from a selected planet, regardless of where we are, it would even be worth having the chat box open during the game.

6 hours ago, Anhkriva said:

Reading the chat on Dromund Kaas, full of perverts, creeps, trolls and degenerates, is entertainment in itself. This is also the reason why I only use this stronghold. If only it was possible to connect to the chat from a selected planet, regardless of where we are, it would even be worth having the chat box open during the game.

I like the Mek-Sha stronghold. The only downside is that Mek-Sha isn't as active like the other planets...it's a little too remote for my liking. I like Coruscant and Nar Shadaa. They have an active chat.

12 hours ago, Exly said:

I agree.  I gave up caring about companions on Oct 20, 2015 when learned that my original companions were being taken away from me after my first playthrough of KotFE chapter 1.

Since then, I see companions as tools that I can use when questing or crafting, and I have more of those than I need already.

12 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

The biggest mistake Bioware made with companions was taking them away especially if you spent time, credits, or Cartel Coins to get them to 50.

I only level up my promotional and galactic season companions. I don't bother with story related companions, haven't since the first time they took them away for story purposes and "maybe they will return, maybe they wont" bull.

I'm disappointed there isn't a companion in Galactic Season six. Not for myself but for newer players who only have access to the story companions.

You can get them all back using the terminal on Odessan.

On 2/14/2024 at 11:38 PM, Whykara said:

The motivation is the stronghold, in case you missed it

yes exactly what i needed on my toon over at tulak hord ( the german server) because that toon does not have any stronghold and i am very poor i can not afford to buy him stronghold, but the new copero stronghold is basically free, and it is actually good looking stronghold, that is big motivation for me to finish the GS this time around.  

Just now, bahramnima said:

yes exactly what i needed on my toon over at tulak hord ( the german server) because that toon does not have any stronghold and i am very poor i can not afford to buy him stronghold, but the new copero stronghold is basically free, and it is actually good looking stronghold, that is big motivation for me to finish the GS this time around.  

Is it even possible that someone couldn't afford a stronghold on Dromunk Kaas or Coruscant? Don't they cost like 5k?

Broadsword is damned if they do, damned if they don't with galactic seasons lol

Some want more companions, others don't and it causes threads like these

Even though I liked getting companions I'm fine with a few seasons not having any included, did you see the Stronghold? Its beautiful

4 hours ago, Traceguy said:

You can get them all back using the terminal on Odessan.

I get it that they eventually realized how big a mistake it was to take them away, and so the capitulated and introduced the Odessan terminal.  That being said, they had already lost my ability to trust them on this issue by then and given what I have seen in the years since they have not given me enough reason to trust them again.

The result was what I said before.  Companions are now just tools to me, and I have enough of those.  So, getting more companions is not something that motivates me to play the game.  

1 hour ago, Anhkriva said:

Is it even possible that someone couldn't afford a stronghold on Dromunk Kaas or Coruscant? Don't they cost like 5k?

i think they cost only 5 cc during anniversary time i do not know how much they cost during normal time.

1 hour ago, denajii said:

Broadsword is damned if they do, damned if they don't with galactic seasons lol

Some want more companions, others don't and it causes threads like these

Even though I liked getting companions I'm fine with a few seasons not having any included, did you see the Stronghold? Its beautiful

people who don't want something don't have to access it. There are more than enough tracks in Galactic Season that a companion and stronghold will fit. I'm sure no one will miss the 200 Tech Frags slot.

People who are complaining about "well I don't want a companion" don't have to use it. On the other hand people who do want companions can't magically make them appear if the devs don't include them. This selfish behavior of "everything has to be catered and made for me and only me" needs to be ignored by the developers.

Edited by Darkestmonty

53 minutes ago, bahramnima said:

i think they cost only 5 cc during anniversary time i do not know how much they cost during normal time.

I meant 5,000 credits. How can you not have that much around level 20 when you're at this stage of the game? Sounds like BS to me.

41 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

People who are complaining about "well I don't want a companion" don't have to use it. On the other hand people who do want companions can't magically make them appear if the devs don't include them. This selfish behavior of "everything has to be catered and made for me and only me" needs to be ignored by the developers.

There's 3 sides her, but you're only focusing one 1.

1. Those who are against getting a stronghold because they would rather get companion #54321

2. Those who are okay with getting a vacation resort stronghold on a Chiss world.

3. Those who don't care. They just want to complete seasons and get some rewards.

People complaining about the Stronghold don't have to use it. People who want strongholds can't make them appear any better than people can make companions appear. We'd have Kaliyo's apartment by now if that was the case

Edited by Traceguy

2 hours ago, Exly said:

I get it that they eventually realized how big a mistake it was to take them away, and so the capitulated and introduced the Odessan terminal.  That being said, they had already lost my ability to trust them on this issue by then and given what I have seen in the years since they have not given me enough reason to trust them again.

The result was what I said before.  Companions are now just tools to me, and I have enough of those.  So, getting more companions is not something that motivates me to play the game.  

The terminal was there when they released KOTFE.  I remember using it to get my comps back immediately (excepting the ones where the alliance alert pops up immediately). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Traceguy said:

1. Those who are against getting a stronghold because they would rather get companion #54321

2. Those who are okay with getting a vacation resort stronghold on a Chiss world.

3. Those who don't care. They just want to complete seasons and get some rewards.

These aren't even the three sides

1) Players who would prefer a companion over a stronghold

2) Players who would prefer a stronghold over a companion

3) Players that don't care either way (or would rather have both).

The point is, 1 & 2 don't even have to be mutually exclusive. You could have a companion that you gain through story (which you don't have to even summon if you don't want another companion). Lets be honest, the GS companion story play is pretty weak and would only really apply to a completionist who would do it anyway regardless of whether there is a companion or not. If you don't want the stronghold, you don't have to use it (Assuming you even have the space for it, we have so many strongholds right now)

41 minutes ago, DWho said:

(Assuming you even have the space for it, we have so many strongholds right now)

I’m going to make an assumption, and hope the devs thought of and planned for it.  I think they will make sure everyone can get the Copero SH since it sounds like a requirement to do the story and get the rep items.  

1 hour ago, Sumugi said:

Do they have an actual date for when GS6 drops or is it another one of those "soon" things?

No date yet, it drops with 7.4.1. But it will actually drop soon, not soon™.

5 hours ago, Whykara said:

No date yet, it drops with 7.4.1. But it will actually drop soon, not soon™.

I did the classic “see the GS6 announcement, sign up and it’s too soon” bit.  Hopefully it will go soon.  The only character I’m actively leveling is almost ready to start Corellia, and the only good thing about Corellia is finishing it.

On 2/16/2024 at 4:30 PM, Darcmoon said:

I’m going to make an assumption, and hope the devs thought of and planned for it.  I think they will make sure everyone can get the Copero SH since it sounds like a requirement to do the story and get the rep items.  

On 2/16/2024 at 3:46 PM, DWho said:

(Assuming you even have the space for it, we have so many strongholds right now)

Unless I am misreading the both of you, there is no space needed for Strongholds. You can own all of them at one time.

Edited by Traceguy

6 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

Unless I am misreading the both of you, there is no space needed for Strongholds. You can own all of them at one time.

There is a limit to how many you can have active. If you deactivate a duplicate stronghold (from server merges - which you may have paid real money to activate/open in the first place) you can't reactivate it. Deactivated strongholds have to be redecorated when they are reactivated.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, DWho said:

There is a limit to how many you can have active. If you deactivate a duplicate stronghold (from server merges - which you may have paid real money to activate/open in the first place) you can't reactivate it. Deactivated strongholds have to be redecorated when they are reactivated.

As someone who owns everything except Mek-Sha, There is absolutely no active limit.

Edited by Traceguy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.