Now that Galactic Season is over....

These are the ideas I have for the "off-season":

• For my mains on my main server:
    • Max out implants at 340.
    • Level-up cartel market companions with jawa scrap gifts. - Bought some of them last year, just need to level them up now.
  • For my mains on other servers:
    • Finish purple stories through Ziost. - I stop most characters before Fallen Empire.
    • Get crafting skills to 500 - Nothing special about that number, it's just what I can get to easily at that point in the story.
  • For my low level alts on all servers:
    • Finish class story through Dromund Kaas / Coruscant to unlock personal ship - Saves a few minutes with the "complete 15 missions" conquest objective, which can add up when I'm doing it 6 times.
  • For my mains on all servers:
    • Explore all planets to uncover the maps - This is just for fun. I just like to see the whole map.

I'll definitely get the implants to 340, but the rest of the stuff is not a priority.

I also have a Steam backlog I want to get to someday:

• Half Life 1 - already beat it but want to check out the anniversary update.
  • Dragon Age Origins: Awakening expansion - beat the main game but never played the expansion
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Resident Evil 0
  • Max Payne 1 & 2
  • Total War: Rome Remastered
  • Total War: Medieval II
  • Final Fantasy 1-6 Pixel Remasters
  • Like 1

Currently going through the story on a new jedi knight that I decided was my 'canon' knight, I'll be doing all of the expansions and stuff

Other than that, mostly farming veteran flashpoints or heroics, or roleplaying 

• Like 1

Mostly more time for RL stuff if I'm being honest, but finishing some missions on alts, that I haven't gotten around too, (like shroud questline), or other misc quests I couldn't be bothered with. GSF, pvp, try to get some harder to get achievements done if possible.  Farm tech frags so i can craft more gold augs.  Help some guildies, maybe roll an alt on a story I haven't played in a while.  I'm sure there are more things that will come to mind, but not running the hamster wheel isn't a bad thing.

• Like 1

Finishing up 7.3 and 7.4 on Imp main, decorating 1 stronghold and then bailing off till Summer/Fall when another story drip happens. Since 7.0 the new planetary quests became so mindboggingly grindy that I no longer want to get all 8 classes through the main arcs so just the 2 mains from now on.

Skipped Season 5 entirely. No companion, no Stronghold, no care.

Edited by Pietrastor
  • Like 1

PVP and getting alts through stories - same as I would have been doing if seasons were not a thing. Right now, I'm running Light Sith Warrior Guardian and Dark Jedi Consular Sorc in parallel and really enjoying the experience. Some dialogues end up being unintentionally hilarious (Nadia: there were Jedi shooting lighting. My JC: those are not Jedi. We call them Sith. Also my JC in every fight: )

The best part about past season was Loth-cat  kitten. The story tried to be funny, but to me it felt silly. I missed season 1, enjoyed season 2, and from there every next one felt more boring than the previous one.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies

20 hours ago, YeOldeFuntastic said:

Go and try to make some sense of the toons' inventories, legacy/cargo/guild bank tabs... AND THROW THINGS AWAY!!

...I liked this one a lot - I am such a hoarder I find it hard to do this.

Get through KOTET on my new main. I'm a returning player, so I want to catch up on all the new stories and get my new main up to speed. Beyond that raid and PvP, play some WOW as I'm starting a new character there. That's it for me

9 minutes ago, BombshellKes said:

I've just been going through class story like I already was doing. (BTW, do we have any sense of when the next GS will be?)

Not really.  It’s supposed to come with 7.4.1 from what Keith said but we don’t know when that will be other than later than 14 February. The last couple times there has been 3-4 weeks between seasons and if that is something they are trying to maintain I’d say it would start 20 February since that will be 4 weeks between the seasons. We can’t be confident about that however. 

I do what I did before GS were even a thing. 

Play the game, by levelling up characters, Still have many low levelled characters. Picking options not yet pick for story, to hear alternative dialog 

Getting gear as very few of my character(s) are above 320, for my level 80's

Earn credits for unlocks, 

Buy the odd item from Cartel with month CC when I get enough to buy armour sets I still want. However this is very few as mainly I don't care for the designs of the sets for the most part. 

Do conquests which takes up most of my play time, as I am in solo guilds

Back to leveling characters through the best part of the game, the story. GS is a game pretty much only for max level characters and it's nice to get back to the best part of the game once more and re-experience it with new characters.

I don't really play different content when GS is happening. I sometimes will look at weekly and knock out content I may not play much otherwise. I am fortunate I guess that what I commonly play retires GS levels pretty easily and I am done around 70-80 days before the season ends.

That said, +1 the idea of cleaning up player inventories!! :)