Snowballs

Sumugi

On 1/2/2024 at 7:54 PM, TziganeNZ said:

Yes, that is correct. Right-clicking will indeed remove the effect, yet others have admitted in this thread that they do not respect the other player's choice not to have the effect on their character.

The Rakghoul Plague is another annoying one, but you do have the option to disengage with it by buying and using a vaccine.  Be nice to have the same option for the Life Day effect annoyance.

In all the MMOs I've played, I've only very occasionally taken part in any of the seasonal events as I find them jarring. This is, of course, my own choice, and I've absolutely no problem with the events themselves.

At least the Rakghoul plague makes some sense within the SWTOR storyline.  Snowballs don't - where the hell do you find snow on a space station?  Maybe we should have snowball vendors - at least it could be a credit sink.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tantala said:

Snowballs don't - where the hell do you find snow on a space station? 

Are you saying civilization which can replace 90%+ of your body parts with machinery and build planet-destroying weapons can't produce artificial snow? Please, give them some credit.

6 hours ago, VegaMist said:

Are you saying civilization which can replace 90%+ of your body parts with machinery and build planet-destroying weapons can't produce artificial snow?

It's always fun when people like you try pulling bogus poodoo  out of your desperate Bantha boodee  in order to justify ( mostly to yourself ) silly goal-post-moving  arguments  against basic logic & lore;  not to mention physics & temperature :csw_hoth:

Because then it gives people like me ( who live in reality ) the chance to provide actual  intel & legit FACTS, for those who still care about such things --> https://www.swtor.com/blog/imperial-edict-gr-1nc4

And since  most humans can't be bothered to click & READ anymore ( because context is just ohhh so hard to grasp )  i'll go ahead and feed you the relevant quote from that ^ link which proves how much you really just stepped in it  by trying to make stuff up.....

Re: "The “bomb” generates soft, compact spheres of crystalline water ice (“snowballs”) which are intended to be lobbed at unsuspecting targets:rolleyes:

Can't wait to see what umm  earnest  rebutal you try coming up with next. :ph_lol:

p.s.  My guess is you might try to use the 2nd part of that quote, that reads  "covering them with a layer of harmless snowflakes" ,  to which i will then enjoy watching subsequent  replies in this thread debate over what subjective degrees of  "harmless" mean to each individual player's personal feeling, combined with how such "harmless"  digital dust eventually turns into "harassment" .

*Happy Life-Day-Is-Almost-Over*  everyone!  :csw_jabbapet:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reasons: forums are still best entertainment between pvp queues
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Because then it gives people like me ( who live in reality ) the chance to provide actual  intel & legit FACTS, for those who still care about such things --> https://www.swtor.com/blog/imperial-edict-gr-1nc4

a) By "live in reality", you mean Star Wars reality, correct? and b) https://www.swtor.com/blog/imperial-edict-gr-1nc4 - you literally proved my point.

PS: "Artificial" doesn't mean chemicals - it just doesn't have to be naturally occurring.

Edited by VegaMist
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, VegaMist said:

PS: "Artificial" doesn't mean chemicals - it just doesn't have to be naturally occurring.

ah yes,  now you go with the patented  semantics  response

smh

-------

Back on-topic for the OP:  Next year, if this game is even still around,  i hope for your sake BioSword  introduces a new  'Snowball Repellent Holo-Shield' , which causes the  hurler to automatically  grow Wookiee fur and immediately go hug themselves  for same duration as snocake debuff  lasts.

Either that, or just simply  make  snowballs only shootable at  NPCs  ( except for while on Hoth & Ilum ) since there's plenty of those around for what's left of this game's population to umm "celebrate"  Life Day.  :ph_win:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: forums won't even let me use the very WORD associated with this supposed "event" lol the hypocrisy
  • Like 1

Just now, Nee-Elder said:

smh

-------

Back on-topic for the OP:  Next year, if this game is even still around,  i hope for your sake BioSword  introduces a new  'Snowball Repellent Holo-Shield' , which causes the  hurler to automatically  grow Wookiee fur and immediately go hug themselves  for same duration as snocake debuff  lasts.

Either that, or just simply  make  snowballs only shootable at  NPCs  ( except for while on Hoth & Ilum ) since there's plenty of those around for what's left of this game's population to umm "celebrate"  Life Day. https://content.invisioncic.com/l323375/emoticons/win.png.73cd318c7648eb9f52914e4400999539.png

you like using semantics as the basis of your argument then immediately discredit people by saying their argument is nothing but "semantics".

This is a Star Wars video game, not real life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darkestmonty said:

you like using semantics as the basis of your argument

uhh  i don't think you understand the definition of semantics  lol

But the thread and all posts still  exist  for other people to read & decipher for  themselves.

3 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

This is a Star Wars video game, not real life.

boy u guys sure do like reaching into the usual  cliche bag of obvious replies, eh?

17 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

uhh  i don't think you understand the definition of semantics  lol

But the thread and all posts still  exist  for other people to read & decipher for  themselves.

boy u guys sure do like reaching into the usual  cliche bag of obvious replies, eh?

you are doing it again, you are challenging people's understanding of language (semantics) then when proven wrong dismissing what people say as "semantics".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

smh

-------

Either that, or just simply  make  snowballs only shootable at  NPCs  ( except for while on Hoth & Ilum ) since there's plenty of those around for what's left of this game's population to umm "celebrate"  Life Day.  :ph_win:

You sound like an Overheated Gift Droid. Once again, so called "hurlers" play the game as it is designed and don't deserve your aggression or name-calling towards them. A lot of snowballing happens on fleets because they are the most populated areas in the game - neither Hoth nor Ilum are even close. If you're the one bothered by a normal in-game activity, snowballing in this case, you should be the one avoiding populated areas while the event is going on rather than demanding that everyone else stop engaging in said game activity (encouraged by achievements and rewards) when you happen to be around. Oh, and don't forget the NPCs on fleets, Nar Shaddaa, and Mek-Sha who will snowball you even if players don't.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

you are doing it again, you are challenging people's understanding of language (semantics) then when proven wrong dismissing what people say as "semantics".

You didn't  "prove" anything , other than  your  strange fear of losing the ability to hurl snoballs at PLAYERS  followed by your proclamation of  some mysterious  "slippery slope"  occurring  which will eradicate  "everything"  from the game  if  by some miracle BioSword  decides  NEXT year to grant an item by which  players could choose to avoid  said snoballs.

Heck, you still think  it would take  massive  "developer time"  just to write one single  opt-out  line of code  LOL

8 minutes ago, VegaMist said:

If you're the one bothered by a normal in-game activity,

As i've stated already:  i'm not  "bothered" by  snoballs  nor by those who use the  "celebration" to grief & harass others.

i encourage  griefers & trolls & the like , because they entertain me.

Only reason i posted in this thread, on page 3  btw (  if i was so "bothered" , why didn't i rush to post on  page 1 ? ) , is because  of replying to the utter ridiculous  disinformation by certain people in this thread who seem desperate to hold onto their favorite method of harassment  disguised as  "Life Day" .

Keep bumping attention into this thread  though  and maybe BioSword  will indeed ruin your "innocent" fun next year. :eek:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: typical tagteam toys

12 minutes ago, VegaMist said:

You sound like an Overheated Gift Droid. Once again, so called "hurlers" play the game as it is designed and don't deserve your aggression or name-calling towards them. A lot of snowballing happens on fleets because they are the most populated areas in the game - neither Hoth nor Ilum are even close. If you're the one bothered by a normal in-game activity, snowballing in this case, you should be the one avoiding populated areas while the event is going on rather than demanding that everyone else stop engaging in said game activity (encouraged by achievements and rewards) when you happen to be around. Oh, and don't forget the NPCs on fleets, Nar Shaddaa, and Mek-Sha who will snowball you even if players don't.

100% this, best comment in this thread, like i've said before people like to forget they're playing an MMO and think everything they find annoying should be immediatelly removed, they can't fathom the fact that snowballs thing are supposed to be fun and carefree activity that actually encourages you to throw snowballs at others for a reward i really never understood why some people are like this, i can understand things like rakghoul being annoying becuse it actually limits your playing ability but this? its literal virtual snowballs being thrown at you for fun, it doesn't affect you at all, not your gameplay nor even your visuals why be grumpy about fun activity in a MMO? and if its really that annoying then just avoid fleet for few weeks.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BulbulusTheGreat said:

, best comment in this thread,

lol  fan #3  comes out the woodwork to chime in

ok everyone,  the great Bulbulus has spoken & decided what's "best" now so thread over!

12 hours ago, Tantala said:

At least the Rakghoul plague makes some sense within the SWTOR storyline.  Snowballs don't - where the hell do you find snow on a space station?

100% this ^ , best comment in this thread. ;)

5 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

lol  fan #3  comes out the woodwork to chime in

ok everyone,  the great Bulbulus has spoken & decided what's "best" now so thread over!

100% this ^ , best comment in this thread. ;)

seems like you have an issue with people agreeing with what you disagree, vega's comment is best becuse its on point regarding snowballs, at any rate lore and stuff argument doesn't stand becuse snowballs throwing as activity  aren't designed to be lore friendly nor relevant to the lore, so taking the "has to be 100% lore accurate" angry nerd approach to this isn't a valid argument, i'd just suggest finding out what "fun" means instead.

Edited by BulbulusTheGreat
  • Like 1

Just now, BulbulusTheGreat said:

i'd just suggest finding out what "fun" means instead.

Your version of "fun"  isn't  the same as the OP's  nor many other players  who already posted in this thread.

Just so happens you + the other 2 fans  are just bored trying to triple-team me  cuz these forums only have like 10 people posting anymore  LOL

Then you go take  that  "feedback"  from 3-person echo chamber and decide  it's reality.

You also refuse to actually READ  my posts  and instead just latch onto  the 2 other fans'  replies  cuz it lines up with your narrative.

If you had bothered to read my replies starting on page 3 ,  you would realize sure  i might be  "white knighting" a bit for other players who can't ( or won't ) speak for themselves,  but i'm certainly not  "bothered" by  digital  flakes  nor have i ever once  "forgotten"  this is a MMO  in 12+ years of SWTOR.

You & the other 3 fans are just doing what every wannabe  gamer-bully has tried to do since the dawn of MMOs: Justfiy your griefing methods by shaming those who simply don't wanna be griefed.  ( example:  "just stay away from Fleet then!!!"  = standard operating procedure to an oppressor mentality )

So yeah, maybe try again?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Your version of "fun"  isn't  the same as the OP's  nor many other players  who already posted in this thread.

Just so happens you + the other 2 fans  are just bored trying to triple-team me  cuz these forums only have like 10 people posting anymore  LOL

Then you go take  that  "feedback"  from 3-person echo chamber and decide  it's reality.

You also refuse to actually READ  my posts  and instead just latch onto  the 2 other fans'  replies  cuz it lines up with your narrative.

If you had bothered to read my replies starting on page 3 ,  you would realize sure  i might be  "white knighting" a bit for other players who can't ( or won't ) speak for themselves,  but i'm certainly not  "bothered" by  digital  flakes  nor have i ever once  "forgotten"  this is a MMO  in 12+ years of SWTOR.

You & the other 3 fans are just doing what every wannabe  gamer-bully has tried to do since the dawn of MMOs: Justfiy your griefing methods by shaming those who simply don't wanna be griefed.  ( example:  "just stay away from Fleet then!!!"  = standard operating procedure to an oppressor mentality )

So yeah, maybe try again?

why would i read your posts? its not about you, i didn't even menton you or reply to you until you did me, i agreed with vega becuse i agreed with what they say, that reply could've been to anyone and i'd still agree becuse what they said is true, just becuse some people can't take snowball or two being throw at them in a video game for fun doesn't mean it should be forbidden, definition of basic fun is universal and im not going to explain it to you or whoever else hates them in this thread, thats why i said you should all learn what it means, you can say that anyone who disagrees with you is a griefer or troll or whatever but "stay away from the fleet" is best you can do and it will remain so, devs (and btw most of players too) clearly don't agree with you and they're not going to remove life day just for you, so again, stop expecting everything to change becuse of a whim of few and either learn what fun is or stay away from fleet i'd also suggest you to stop thinking anyone that threw a snowball at you on fleet is suddenly a troll thats out to get you becuse honestly that person probably didn't even bother looking at who they're throwing it at, you just make yourself look paranoid.

Edited by BulbulusTheGreat
  • Like 1

Just now, BulbulusTheGreat said:

why would i read your posts?

Same reason i read yours.

For  this helpful thing known as:  CONTEXT

1 minute ago, BulbulusTheGreat said:

, just becuse some people can't take snowball or two being throw at them in a video game for fun doesn't mean it should be forbidden,

First off:   it's not just  "snoball or two" .  It's  the CONSTANT barrage  repeatedly 24/7  that the players are complaining about.

Secondly:  Other than me making an empty suggestion about NPCs only, no one in this thread is calling for snoballs to be "forbidden" .   The OP & many other players  were asking  simply to have an OPTION  (method) by which they could avoid  being harassed for 4 weeks with snoballs.  Like an item to make them immune to snoballs, so they wouldn't have to keep  clicking off the buff icon & effects.

You & the other 2 fans seem to have some major problem with that ^ and it's making u guys very very upset  at even the notion that somehow  certain players  might have a different definition of "fun" than you 3 do.   Gasp the horror!

Here i'll sum up the thread for you since reading is so hard:

•  Group A  doesn't like getting pelted with digital snoballs + derogatory snoffffflaykes
  •  Group B  really  likes doing it to people cuz reasons
  •  Group A  wishes for an item to repel such an annoyance, while still allow Group B to have their fun/rewards
  •  Group B  freaks out and starts shaming Group A  for simply wanting to be left alone in peace
  •  Group A  mostly leaves the thread since what's the point of trying to interact with Group B
  •  Group B  becomes vocal minority and fuels their own hubris
  •  Group C ( Coders ) watches and never changes anything regardless

Annnnddd  /thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

Same reason i read yours.

For  this helpful thing known as:  CONTEXT

First off:   it's not just  "snoball or two" .  It's  the CONSTANT barrage  repeatedly 24/7  that the players are complaining about.

Secondly:  Other than me making an empty suggestion about NPCs only, no one in this thread is calling for snoballs to be "forbidden" .   The OP & many other players  were asking  simply to have an OPTION  (method) by which they could avoid  being harassed for 4 weeks with snoballs.  Like an item to make them immune to snoballs, so they wouldn't have to keep  clicking off the buff icon & effects.

You & the other 2 fans seem to have some major problem with that ^ and it's making u guys very very upset  at even the notion that somehow  certain players  might have a different definition of "fun" than you 3 do.   Gasp the horror!

Here i'll sum up the thread for you since reading is so hard:

•  Group A  doesn't like getting pelted with digital snoballs + derogatory snoffffflaykes
  •  Group B  really  likes doing it to people cuz reasons
  •  Group A  wishes for an item to repel such an annoyance, while still allow Group B to have their fun/rewards
  •  Group B  freaks out and starts shaming Group A  for simply wanting to be left alone in peace
  •  Group A  mostly leaves the thread since what's the point of trying to interact with Group B
  •  Group B  becomes vocal minority and fuels their own hubris
  •  Group C ( Coders ) watches and never changes anything regardless

Annnnddd  /thread.

Annnnd ...

frankly some of us were just trying to find some common ground that MOST MIGHT agree on!  (there is no such thing as EVERYONE agreeing!) 

**  Yes this is w/o question a MMO ... and we have to accept the fact that not everyone will see things the way we do.  I will be the first to admit that my approach is not always the best.  BUT I do often find out where and why some of the issues are there in the first place.  AND (on occasion) we might even stumble across an answer that might just work!  😲

** Unfortunately, some folks are here to just argue their point regardless of (fill in the blank) ... Wouldn't matter.  they are ALWAYS right (regardless). [/facepalm]

** As for OP ... I can appreciate the fact that sometimes there are some minor things that should be considered for changes.  AND NO I am not suggesting to remove this part from SWTOR completely.  BUT it could easily be argued that (at least the effects) of the snowball fest might be disabled or a provision made where it would not be necessary to click on the ikon and have it removed.  That is assuming that:  Group C ( Coders ) watches and never changes anything regardless does not apply and the team agrees to make any changes in the first place.

As for me personally:  I honestly enjoyed it (in the past).  Right now the game overall is losing a LOT more than just a few moments of what some of see as simple lighthearted fun.  NO it is NOT being juvenile (regardless of what some might think).  As for the location inside of the space station ...  seriously ... just lighten up!  I mean it really.  Get over it!  Someone is wound up waaaaay to tight!  Believe me I know ... I USE to be like that!  It's just not worth it!

OP:  If for some reason that a SIMPLE fix can be found where the effects of the snowball thing can be handled much like the Rakghoul vaccine ...  I'm good with that!  The Lifeday event continues (maybe even gets a few things added to update it and make it more worthwhile) ... and the "snowflakes" that some find troublesome goes away for those that hate it!

BTW... it should be noted that all of my characters keep a Rakghoul plague vaccine on them at all times to be used as needed. 

And how to I expect folks to respond to this??

Same as always!  Are you kidding me???

👎

• Like 4

it's called a private personal SH

I have one of the NPC guys as a decoration in my SH, albeit downstairs. So... I get pelted any time of year. So I can have a nice snowball to cool down in July.

On the other hand the xmas decos on fleet annoy me. It's not my holiday. But throwing snowballs at things I can't always kill, any time of year  (which you can, you just don't get rewards for it)- as a Sith I find that somewhat satisfying.  🙂

On 1/2/2024 at 10:56 AM, Anhkriva said:

You call them kids, but who is the bigger kid, the one who throws snowballs during the winter event exactly as the developers wanted, or someone for whom the barely visible aura on the character ruins the entire pleasure of the game and spoils the mood?

While we're at it, maybe let's introduce an option that will make us not see Christmas decorations on the fleet, there will certainly be a player who doesn't like them and maybe even find them offensive. But why stop at decorations, there are already suggestions on the forum to ban mounts from the fleet because they bother someone and are supposedly disruptive. I wonder what will disturb the people tomorrow, maybe the bright colors of the lightsabers? Let's remove them today just in case.

Why stop there. Can we have an option to remove other people from the game? Or an option to not see them in game, so they won't be able to "harass" anyone with their presence. And yes, we definitely need an option to not see any disturbing decorations either. And maybe a possibility to remove snow from Hoth (a lot of people complain about the brightness). And so on... 🤔

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cjmarsh said:

Are you guys really still arguing about snowballs?

As long as some people insist on the absurd opinion that participating in an official event is harrassing other players...

Harrassing others gets you banned, by calling snowball throwing harrassment they suggest that everyone who paricipated in the event deserve a ban. 

Maybe we should stop calling things what they are not? Some people hate this event, ok I'm not a fan of it myself, but by using this term this way they make it lose its importance and that's not good.

Edited by Anhkriva
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DeannaVoyager said:

Why stop there. Can we have an option to remove other people from the game? Or an option to not see them in game, so they won't be able to "harass" anyone with their presence. And yes, we definitely need an option to not see any disturbing decorations either. And maybe a possibility to remove snow from Hoth (a lot of people complain about the brightness). And so on... 🤔

I want them to remove all Force Sensitives from the game, they make my BH and Trooper feel less special. By showing off their super powers and fancy lightsabers, they harass me. 

(this post is a joke for those not smart enough to figure it out)

8 minutes ago, Anhkriva said:

As long as some people insist on the absurd opinion that participating in an official event is harrassing other players...

Maybe we should stop calling things what they are not?

So these are the  official  forums.

By your logic, this means you can't be harassed here by anyone else "participating?

Cool.  Good to know.

hmm,  i wonder if the Mods share your opinion. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

So these are the  official  forums.

By your logic, this means you can't be harassed here by anyone else "participating?

Cool.  Good to know.

hmm,  i wonder if the Mods share your opinion. :rolleyes:

It's not the same and you know it.

In a snowball event, throwing snowballs at people is the intended way to participate in the event.
There are clear rules on the forum about what and where you can write, and you can harass someone if you break them.

You really can't see the difference?

Edited by Anhkriva
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.