Holiday and Cartel Market sales for 2023

JackieKo

• The Life Day daily unique items are still being run daily, however, players can see other items (including the Wampa Companion, snow globes, and festive weapon tuning) on the Popular tab for a more comprehensive list of other Life Day, festive, and winter themed items that are on sale. These sales will run from today until December 20th.

I don't see the Wampa companion or the snow ball cannon? I see that the snow ball cannon is listed for Dec 17 (though not sure why it wouldn't be listed now). Are only some things going to be listed for the full week?

18 minutes ago, misskochanski said:

I don't see the Wampa companion or the snow ball cannon? I see that the snow ball cannon is listed for Dec 17 (though not sure why it wouldn't be listed now). Are only some things going to be listed for the full week?

If the Wampa Companion is not available at a discounted SALE price....hard pass.

29 minutes ago, ElariaSing said:

Fast Pivot ... wow.. is right...

when that community yells really loud in feedback and their is a "discussion" with the team and things get changed for one thing almost immediately, it shows that things can get done... but the "team" is ignoring the feedback for other things....

Make no mistake, its all about CM sales.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Now imagine it like this:
No collection unlocks.
Nobody complains, no problem.
People complain, we give them 50%.

Everyone is so happy and grateful for how kind and generous we are at listening to our player base.

I still think I'm going to just get certain essential unlocks and hold off until a 75% one is announced. 50% might cut it for Star Wars day, but still seems kinda cheap doing it on Christmas.

Edited by YshtolaRhul

Hopping on the thank you train! To make this decision and implement such a change in just a few hours shows you’re really listening to players. Props to you all. The player vibe on the game seemed to change instantly when these changes came in. It’s great to see everyone in a good mood. :)

1 hour ago, AFadedMemory said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see the Model Umbaran Train mentioned.

I saw the train its in the 2017 bundle for life day. Not sure if you can buy it separate im waiting for the unlocks and hopefully an affordable wampa companion.  

9 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone,

Okay! I'm going to be updating my OP with the following info:

• A 50% Collection Unlock sale will be running from December 20 - January 9, 2024.
  • The Life Day daily unique items are still being run daily, however, players can see other items (including the Wampa Companion, snow globes, and festive weapon tuning) on the Popular tab for a more comprehensive list of other Life Day, festive, and winter themed items that are on sale. These sales will run from today until December 20th.

Appreciate the feedback and thanks for your patience!

Nice. Good on you for this.

It's just too bad that it took so many complaining about this. Why it was removed in the first place I would really like to know. It's not like you would loose anything from running the unlock sale. I would think it's the opposite in fact, as some have been saving their CC's for the end of year collection unlock sale, and get an armor set and maybe some weapons, and use the sale to unlock it in collections. Others stated they would buy CC's to unlock even more, so it just seems like a weird choice...

11 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to say that I see your comments and I'm taking them back to the team to have more conversations about the Collection Unlock sale. So hang tight! I'll pop back in here when I have an update for you all. 

HI JackieKo

I was assured that you wouldnt dot any unlock sales by this post.

And spend much CC on unlock before this news showed up and you change your mind.

Can I address your tech support for undoing unlocks deal ?

15 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone,

Okay! I'm going to be updating my OP with the following info:

• A 50% Collection Unlock sale will be running from December 20 - January 9, 2024.

Appreciate the feedback and thanks for your patience!

@JackieKoHello, please tell why there is still no wampa or bundle with it? It's not on the sale list.  The snow cannon, which is currently unavailable, is at least on the sale list. Is this how it should be or is it a mistake?

Edited by CamperT

Note that other Life Day, winter, festive items will also be on sale such as the Wampa Companion, snow globes, and festive weapon tuning, and a comprehensive list can be found on the Popular tab in the Cartel Market. These are on sale beginning today and until December 20th. 

The fact it was stated in the announcement post update that it was added when in truth it has not been added, is outright disrespect towards their players/customers.

Edited by Lord_Malganus

• Dev Post
16 hours ago, Ruchalus said:

I dont see the wampa companion :c

Hmm. That's definitely not intended. Let me do some poking around and find out what happened!

13 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

@JackieKo any chance you can direct message me. You seem to have direct mail disabled.

My PMs are not blocked as I receive messages every day. I can ask the web team to see if there is a bug regarding your account. That said, sending you a test PM shortly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, YshtolaRhul said:

Now imagine it like this:
No collection unlocks.
Nobody complains, no problem.
People complain, we give them 50%.

Everyone is so happy and grateful for how kind and generous we are at listening to our player base.

I still think I'm going to just get certain essential unlocks and hold off until a 75% one is announced. 50% might cut it for Star Wars day, but still seems kinda cheap doing it on Christmas.

I've only been playing for 3 years, but I thought 50% was the standard? Every Christmas, unlocks are half the price they were normally. This is what they mean by 50% unlock sale, right?

• Like 1

there was a 75% sale I think it was in 2021

Correct.

I looked it up to be sure. It was December 20, 2021 to January 2, 2022. Collections Unlocks were 75% off.

I vividly remember scrambling to unlock as many items in Collections as I could, and even buying new items to add to Collections just so I could unlock them while it was 15 CC for Bronze, 60 CC for Silver, and 100 CC for Gold.

Honestly, after that, the next Collections Unlock sale being 50% again seemed like a letdown, really ... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TepeshT said:

I've only been playing for 3 years, but I thought 50% was the standard? Every Christmas, unlocks are half the price they were normally. This is what they mean by 50% unlock sale, right?

50% has been the standard for years. 

The 75% off collections unlock was a super-special.  There was no reason for players to assume that super-special would become the new standard.

2 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hmm. That's definitely not intended. Let me do some poking around and find out what happened!

My PMs are not blocked as I receive messages every day. I can ask the web team to see if there is a bug regarding your account. That said, sending you a test PM shortly. 

What about the Snow Ball cannon? We've mentioned that but haven't gotten any info on it? Is it because it's one of the daily sales? The Robes armor and the Tauntaun mount are listed as dailies, but are available now? Trying to figure out which things would be available when.