Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Big important flaw with the new GTN.

Spikanor

there is a big important flaw with the new GTN there need to fix really fast since its a big problem there have remove from the old GTN.

on the PTS thread people have ask if the protection from buying your on item is still active on the new GTN.

i have test this out few mins ago and there is no protection at all anymore.

that means there is a big chance you can buy your own item on the GTN.

here is the recrod version from the big flaw there have creat.

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtdRrFQFuE8

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

44 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

there is a big important flaw with the new GTN there need to fix really fast since its a big problem there have remove from the old GTN.

on the PTS thread people have ask if the protection from buying your on item is still active on the new GTN.

Once again the devs ask for feedback on the PTS & then ignore it. Wether this is an intentional design to catch people out or just a dumb design mistake, the feedback was provided from the PTS & the devs did the opposite, yet AGAIN.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Once again the devs ask for feedback on the PTS & then ignore it. Wether this is an intentional design to catch people out or just a dumb design mistake, the feedback was provided from the PTS & the devs did the opposite, yet AGAIN.

i can also tell you this since i have promice to do it.

i told you so that the new GTN gets a problem after the launch of the new update.

4 hours ago, Spikanor said:

this was useful on the PTS to test the new GTN but utterly useless live. If anything this will enable people to post and buy very cheap auctions they posted to adjust the price range of an item down.

Edited by Darkestmonty

22 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

this was useful on the PTS to test the new GTN but utterly useless live. If anything this will enable people to post and buy very cheap auctions they posted to adjust the price range of an item down.

this was also on the PTS but was report as a bug.

and still this is something what can creat a lot of problems in the live servers.

and like trixxietriss told all there have compleet ignore the PTS feedback about it again.

since some people like your self there have told all that you can buy your own auctions there compleet ignore it.

Edited by Spikanor

2 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

I wonder if they can fix it. This might be something they didn't have time or the ability to block with the new gtn

now 2 month's time to fix it is long he.

look on the PTS thread good on the data's you see its report on the same day the thread for the new GTN has been creat so there was time for it.

and still if there not fix it then a lot of people will not sell items on the GTN and then whats the compleet point to chance it if most people not going to use it anymore since it has that big of a flaw now.

@DeannaVoyager @curulz

why not use this thread to have a discusion about the new GTN problem and leave that thread for the people that have lagg problems and so.

@curulz

Lets say i am someone that only has one toon on either side...does that negate my criticism of someone asking the devs to fix something they can already fix themselves by paying attention?  If I did what they claimed is a big problem, I'd take the credit loss as a learning experience.  I'd say to myself "self, don't buy your own listings, cause you lose money".   Its called the stupid tax for a reason...you do something stupid, and you pay for it.  What the other poster is suggesting is the devs need to come up with a way for them not to do something stupid and it needs to be done fast because who knows when stupid may appear.  I don't have an issue with the more general gripes of the GTN changes, I share many of them.  I just don't see how buying your own listings from your own toon can become that big of an issue.

first of all i am not the OP of that thread thats jackieko so thats something you can see from the top.

the problem is with the GTN now is that all the items are stackt in the one.

if you sell 20 medic packs for 500 credits each unit and there are other people that sell the same medic packs also for 500 credtis there all get stackt in to one.

that means if you buy some medic packs for 500 credits you never know from who you are buying now since there are all stackt in to one that are asking the same sell price.

so that means you can buy your own medic packs you are selling also now.

1 hour ago, Spikanor said:

@DeannaVoyager @curulz

why not use this thread to have a discusion about the new GTN problem and leave that thread for the people that have lagg problems and so.

@curulz

first of all i am not the OP of that thread thats jackieko so thats something you can see from the top.

the problem is with the GTN now is that all the items are stackt in the one.

if you sell 20 medic packs for 500 credits each unit and there are other people that sell the same medic packs also for 500 credtis there all get stackt in to one.

that means if you buy some medic packs for 500 credits you never know from who you are buying now since there are all stackt in to one that are asking the same sell price.

so that means you can buy your own medic packs you are selling also now.

Imagine that you want to buy a nice mount, previously you had to check how many? 100, 200, 400 pages of offers? This is an entire gaming session. Now that the offers are grouped, 10 pages are enough. The same situation with armor or colored crystals. Grouping items is the biggest advantage of this update, not a problem.

• Like 1

It is a problem for me. I like to see the many pages of offers, to see who posts things for which price, and to adjust my price accordingly. I might also not like a undercutter who posts the same thing just for 1 credit less, so land on the first page instead of the second, so I'd like to pay the undercut seller who sells that thing for a straight price. I don't like being patronized to see the best offers, I like to be able to choose.

The new GTN is a problem for me, a problem which lowered the game quality in a big way, so I'm considering to cancel my subscription and stop playing unless it returns to the way it used to be. It's just my opinion, which of course is non-binding for anyone else. But I strongly do not like the GTN as it has become now.

this screen shot shows the problem we have now with the GTN what needs to be fix since people have told on the PTS thread all that it is a problem for the live servers.

you see on the screenshot the lustrous green crystal.

it has a lot of diffrend price's and it also shows the stock how much there are in total on the GTN.

the problem is that your stock what you sell is also count in the nummbers.

that means if you sell 20 green crystals for 400 credtis its add to same stock other players are selling and the problem is that if you buy the stock from the 400 credtis you also buy your own stock at some point.

what the devs need to do is that your own stock from the green crystals is do not count for you in the same pool where the other green crystals are from other players that are selling it.

that means from the 609 in stock from the 400 credtis pool there need to remove your own stock from it that you are selling also for 400 credits on the GTN.

in other therms this idea has a big flaw what there have done with the new GTN chance.

Star Wars™_ The Old Republic™ 7-12-2023 14_12_07.png

Edited by Spikanor

1 minute ago, Spikanor said:

this screen shot shows the problem we have now with the GTN what needs to be fix since people have told on the PTS thread all that it is a problem for the live servers.

you see on the screenshot the lustrous green crystal.

it has a lot of diffrend price's and it also shows the stock how much there are in total on the GTN.

the problem is that your stock what you sell is also count in the nummbers.

that means if you sell 20 green crystals for 400 credtis its add to same stock other players are selling and the problem is that if you buy the stock from the 400 credtis you also buy your own stock at some point.

what the devs need to do is that your own stock from the green crystals is do not count for you in the same pool where the other green crystals are from other players that are selling it.

that means from the 609 in stock from the 400 credtis pool there need to remove your own stock from it that you are selling also for 400 credits on the GTN.

Star Wars™_ The Old Republic™ 7-12-2023 14_12_07.png

I'm sorry, but how is this an actual problem?

• You posted an item for a specific price, and got paid the correct amount when it sold.
  • You purchased an item for a specific price, and got exactly what you wanted.

Would this have worked out any differently if you had bought someone else's item and they had bought yours?  Okay, maybe you'd be a little less embarrassed, but that's more of a 'you' issue than a 'game' issue.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ominovin said:

I'm sorry, but how is this an actual problem?

• You posted an item for a specific price, and got paid the correct amount when it sold.
  • You purchased an item for a specific price, and got exactly what you wanted.

Would this have worked out any differently if you had bought someone else's item and they had bought yours?  Okay, maybe you'd be a little less embarrassed, but that's more of a 'you' issue than a 'game' issue.

you know how the old GTN system work.

in the old GTN system you cant buy your own items you sell since you cant press the buy icon from your items since its grey so you cant press on it so it was blockt.

now its all gone and there have put all the items in there own price pool that means your items are also in the same price pool with the other players that sell the same item.

that means you can buy now the same items from the GTN you are selling look and the youtube clip that shows how i can buy my own companion gift from the GTN back that shows what in the old GTN you cant do.

the same with other toons that are selling stuff back on the old GTN you can see the sellers name that means you see your toons name also if its selling the same items if you are looking.

now there have remove the sellers name that means you can buy also your own toons items there are selling on the GTN.

1 minute ago, Spikanor said:

you know how the old GTN system work.

in the old GTN system you cant buy your own items you sell since you cant press the buy icon from your items since its grey so you cant press on it so it was blockt.

now its all gone and there have put all the items in there own price pool that means your items are also in the same price pool with the other players that sell the same item.

that means you can buy now the same items from the GTN you are selling look and the youtube clip that shows how i can buy my own companion gift from the GTN back that shows what in the old GTN you cant do.

the same with other toons that are selling stuff back on the old GTN you can see the sellers name that means you see your toons name also if its selling the same items if you are looking.

now there have remove the sellers name that means you can buy also your own toons items there are selling on the GTN.

How is this an actual issue?

Why should anyone care?

What damage does it do to gameplay?

2 minutes ago, Ominovin said:

How is this an actual issue?

Why should anyone care?

What damage does it do to gameplay?

what you think of the GTN sale's its going to hurt a lot if people stop selling stuff on the GTN since there is a risk you can buy your own items.

players have give there feedback about the new GTN chance but broadsword is now follow the bioware's way by ignoring the questions people have ask on the PTS thread about stuff like this.

this is like always compleet ignore the community feedback about the PTS stuff.

and its also hurting the PTS server it self also since people now maybe not going to the PTS anymore and give there feedback about stuff since what the point about it if there ignore it.

i not ask if you care about it or not but there are people that care about this and see it as a problem that needs to be fix.

21 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

what you think of the GTN sale's its going to hurt a lot if people stop selling stuff on the GTN since there is a risk you can buy your own items.

Again:

• As the seller, you get paid for the sale exactly what you agreed to when you posted the item.
  • As the purchaser, you get the exact item you wanted for the exact price you agreed to pay.

The fact that you could now be both the seller and the purchaser is more of a 'quirk' than an actual issue:  It makes no real difference to anyone or anything beyond possibly demonstrating the player's inability to manage their GTN activity (why did you post items you are looking to buy at the exact same price just a few days later?).

24 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

players have give there feedback about the new GTN chance but broadsword is now follow the bioware's way by ignoring the questions people have ask on the PTS thread about stuff like this.

Complaints like this demonstrate exactly why feedback is often 'ignored':  So much of it is just utter nonsense, and a lot of the rest is either not feasible to implement or misses the entire point of the change.

27 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

i not ask if you care about it or not but there are people that care about this and see it as a problem that needs to be fix.

If you can't point to actual 'harm' being done by your 'issue' you might want to re-examine if it is an actual 'issue' or just a personal dislike...

• Like 1

I only see this as a problem if you are buying items to flip. Why would you otherwise be even looking to buy items you have listed?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ominovin said:

why did you post items you are looking to buy at the exact same price just a few days later?

if i remove the item from the GTN since i need one piece of it since i have put a lot of then on the GTN few day's ago then i lose my deport fee i have pay for it for only that one piece.

then you have also the problem more that people with a lot of chars get lost at some point from what item was now selling on what char again or if you have 2 accounts then is the question on what for account was it now selling.

then there is the chance that the item you need has been sold all to a other player since you cant look on the GTN anymore if that char is still selling it since there remove the sellers name from it.

most people when there need 1 piece of something there not going to look there other toons if there selling it or not but there give no damm about buy it from a other player.

if you can remember all the 100+ items your toons are selling then you have a good memory since i cant do that at all.

15 minutes ago, Ominovin said:

Again:

• As the seller, you get paid for the sale exactly what you agreed to when you posted the item.
  • As the purchaser, you get the exact item you wanted for the exact price you agreed to pay.

The fact that you could now be both the seller and the purchaser is more of a 'quirk' than an actual issue:  It makes no real difference to anyone or anything beyond possibly demonstrating the player's inability to manage their GTN activity

if you are the seller from a item on the GTN and you buy the same item on a other toon from your own then you lose credits since you not earn anything from the sold item since you have pay it for you self so the only thing you get from it is that you lose credits on it since you have pay your own tax from it and not the other player.

you pay then the buyers tax and the sellers fee at the same time.

and we all have see that people can make stupid mistake's and complain in the end.

4 minutes ago, DWho said:

I only see this as a problem if you are buying items to flip. Why would you otherwise be even looking to buy items you have listed?

for crafting.

if i need 1 more craft material to craft something then i not go look on my toons first if there selling it since i waste time for it for 1 craft material i need to craft something.

and trust me some people are not that smart at all look good about all the complain and cry threats about people that lose there guild since there make the same mistake and not learn from it.

its the same with some topic's on the forum when people not learn first there is a search function on the forum to look if there are other threads about all no there make own thread without knowing there is all a other thread about it and most time's there are more then 20+ of then.

and trust me i have see a lot of stupid mistake's people make in the game and on the forum.

as a bonus i give you the one player that post his compleet login name + paswoord on the forum thats more the stupids mistake people still can do.

30 minutes ago, Ominovin said:

Complaints like this demonstrate exactly why feedback is often 'ignored':  So much of it is just utter nonsense, and a lot of the rest is either not feasible to implement or misses the entire point of the change.

i remember good the 7.0 expension on the PTS feedback about the new upgrade system it took then 3 update's later to chance there mind and listing to the feedback.

in 6.0 with the amplifier sheet it also took 3 update's later to add a close option to it.

i can tell you now this that the next one's there going to chance there mind about and listing to the feedback is about the new server and the GTN chance.

let me tell you this.

if there listing from the start then there have on the end from it more time for other things.

and at the same time you make sure players not quit playing this game also since there not going to wait for some update's later since then there going to chance it.

i can tell you on a lot of update's we can tell this: we told you so.

39 minutes ago, Ominovin said:

If you can't point to actual 'harm' being done by your 'issue' you might want to re-examine if it is an actual 'issue' or just a personal dislike...

i point out what has been point out all on the PTS thread what the risk's and problems are.

3 hours ago, Anhkriva said:

Imagine that you want to buy a nice mount, previously you had to check how many? 100, 200, 400 pages of offers? This is an entire gaming session. Now that the offers are grouped, 10 pages are enough. The same situation with armor or colored crystals. Grouping items is the biggest advantage of this update, not a problem.

It should be an option, not the only way. 

for crafting.

if i need 1 more craft material to craft something then i not go look on my toons first if there selling it since i waste time for it for 1 craft material i need to craft something.

Still not seeing this as a major issue requiring immediate Dev intervention. It affects a vanishingly small portion of the game population. We're not talking about normal mats here, it's the high end ones. Quite honestly if you can't remember you listed something worth millions or even tens of millions in the last seven days, that's more on you than Broadsword.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spikanor said:

and its also hurting the PTS server it self also since people now maybe not going to the PTS anymore and give there feedback about stuff since what the point about it if there ignore it.

This entire GTN change regardless of the bug is going to stop people from selling on the GTN. They should have left it as it was. It wasn't broken.

• Like 1

Andy and Bob are players who each decide to post [Item X] on the GTN for the same price (all items, timing, prices, and fees are arbitrary):

• Buyer Price:  1,100 credits
  • Seller Revenue:  1,000 credits

Both players are immediately charged the listing fee, so we can ignore that for the rest of this example (the only way to not pay it is to not post the item in the first place).

On the next day, Andy and Bob both realize they actually need [Item X] right now, so they each decide to purchase one off the GTN:

1. If Andy buys Bob's item and Bob buys Andy's item:
    1. Andy spends 1,100 credits for [Item X] and gets 1,000 credits from the GTN for the sale of his own [Item X], leaving him with [Item X] in his inventory and 100 fewer credits than he had a few minutes earlier.
    2. Likewise, Bob spends 1,100 credits for [Item X] and gets 1,000 credits from the GTN for the sale of his own [Item X], leaving him with [Item X] in his inventory and 100 fewer credits than he had a few minutes earlier.
  2. If Andy and Bob each end up purchasing their own posted item:
    1. Andy spends 1,100 credits for [Item X] and gets 1,000 credits from the GTN for that sale, leaving him with [Item X] in his inventory and 100 fewer credits than he had a few minutes earlier.
    2. Likewise, Bob spends 1,100 credits for [Item X] and gets 1,000 credits from the GTN for that sale, leaving him with [Item X] in his inventory and 100 fewer credits than he had a few minutes earlier.

It just doesn't matter if the item you purchase was posted by you or by someone else:  If the price is the same, you'll end up in the exact same position either way...

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.