Game Update 7.4 "Chains in the Dark" Updates

JackieKo

37 minutes ago, iceskyguy said:

I have tried deleting client settings and the two caches then setting the game to what I was using for 7.3 and unfortunately I haven't seen any improvement. Done it three times and my game is still freezing every few minutes. I've tried tweaking the graphics settings a bit but still no luck. I'm able to log into the game and get past the key art no problem but staying in the game is another story.

Guess it was wishful thinking this solution would work on my part

This was a solution for those of us who could not get past the initial loading screen, it was not supposed to remedy in-game problems, merely to allow us to actually be in-game. Good luck with your issue sir.

26 minutes ago, Lord_Malganus said:

So at the very least, if the graphics update in 7.4 is causing enough issues that the min PC requirements to run the game has changed, the 7.4 patch notes needs immediate updating to reflect that.

Indeed, the minimum requirements belong to history atm. People who were playing on low or medium settings till 7.3 cannot play the game as far as I understand and this has to become official in order for people to not feel misled or even cheated.

@JackieKo it's also something that potential new players need to be aware of, if any.

Edited by Melaras

• Dev Post

Good morning, everyone, 

The team is needing more information from players who are impacted by the freezing screen issue and have requested the following: 

• A Dxdiag report
    • Steps can be found here
  • The client _settings.ini file
    • Can usually be found in here: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

If you are a player who is impacted by this issue, please send the above to communitysupport@swtor.com. 

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Good morning, everyone, 

The team is needing more information from players who are impacted by the freezing screen issue and have requested the following: 

• A Dxdiag report
    • Steps can be found here
  • The client _settings.ini file
    • Can usually be found in here: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

If you are a player who is impacted by this issue, please send the above to communitysupport@swtor.com. 

Thanks!

@JackieKo i've send the dxdiag report on EA support , if you could get that

Edited by HanniShindeiru

1 hour ago, Melaras said:

This was a solution for those of us who could not get past the initial loading screen, it was not supposed to remedy in-game problems, merely to allow us to actually be in-game. Good luck with your issue sir.

Appreciate that, didn't mean to imply anything misleading on your part, apologies if that's how it came across. I was just trying it to see if it helped but as I said, it was wishful thinking on my part, nothing else and just sharing on the offchance it may help inform others. I am still glad it is helping others like yourself. Thanks again 

• Dev Post

@TrixxieTriss The team needs some additional info regarding the memory leak issue you're experiencing. We are still investigating and trying to repro the issue. Regarding the character you are using that runs into this issue, can you PM (if if you're fine posting here, feel free) the character loadout and the outfits pieces your character is currently wearing? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Malganus said:

So at the very least, if the graphics update in 7.4 is causing enough issues that the min PC requirements to run the game has changed, the 7.4 patch notes needs immediate updating to reflect that.

I truly hope that isn't the case and this is something Broadsword is able to remedy. If the min requirements has been changed then that's going to put a lot of people in a tough position regarding the game, including myself as I just recently upgraded my system

• Like 1

If necessary I'll even offer you a Teams call or whatever, I just want to play. I tell you that I have a super incomplete notebook and runs the game and my pc and does not run, crash at the start of the login after waiting a long time! 

1 hour ago, iceskyguy said:

I truly hope that isn't the case and this is something Broadsword is able to remedy. If the min requirements has been changed then that's going to put a lot of people in a tough position regarding the game, including myself as I just recently upgraded my system

iceskyguy, my post you quoted states IF they have changed.

The fix Melaras (a fellow player) posted that worked for him, also fixed my load screen freezing issue that was directly affecting me, since our issue was identical. It also fixed two others issues that were similar, but not identical. The only connection so far is graphic settings.

While It did not resolve the issue HanniShindeiru is having, I feel sympathy for him and all the others with  issues that are still unresolved.

Edited by Lord_Malganus

6 minutes ago, Lord_Malganus said:

iceskyguy, my post you quoted states IF they have changed.

The fix Melaras (a fellow player) posted that worked for him, also fixed my load screen freezing issue that was directly affecting me, since our issue was identical. It also fixed two others issues that were similar, but not identical. The only connection so far is graphic settings.

It did not resolve the issue HanniShindeiru is having and I feel sympathy for him and all the others with similar and other issues that are still unresolved.

You misunderstand me, Lord_Malganus. I know you said if, I realize that it's speculation as to the cause and it's just guesses being made based on the information available. I'm only saying that I hope it's not the case and that the requirements have not been changed because of the patch. I also sympathise with everyone experiencing difficulties playing the game. I am glad however that the fix worked for you, that is good to hear. Apologies if it came across otherwise

Someone already posted this finding so it may be useless info at this point, but I also wanted to report that the memory leak issue only occurs for me when the armored messenger gear is equipped. I had no issues until I logged into my consular, which wears that.  Within about 10 min of using that character, I crashed due to memory leak ( with 64 gb of ram). All my other characters I’ve had no issues. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JackieKo said:

@TrixxieTriss The team needs some additional info regarding the memory leak issue you're experiencing. We are still investigating and trying to repro the issue. Regarding the character you are using that runs into this issue, can you PM (if if you're fine posting here, feel free) the character loadout and the outfits pieces your character is currently wearing? 

Just waking up. Will need a few hours to get back to you with the info. Edit: info now posted further in thread.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

2 hours ago, iceskyguy said:

Appreciate that, didn't mean to imply anything misleading on your part, apologies if that's how it came across. I was just trying it to see if it helped but as I said, it was wishful thinking on my part, nothing else and just sharing on the offchance it may help inform others. I am still glad it is helping others like yourself. Thanks again 

No not at all, all is well. I merely tried to clarify the results of the client_settings deletion and so on.

I hope you'll be able to play properly soon, best of luck dear sir :)

Not sure if this will help anyone but I seemed to have solved the crashing while 7.4 image screen shows up when loading planets or quick travel. (for me at least) 

I renamed the file for that load image by adding extra letters so it can't find it when gsme loads and just gets a fast black screen and load instead of the image.

Hope that helps others 

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/620494-how-to-remove-loading-screen-after-a-teleport/

This helped me (link is to an old old post, but this still works and can be done for those who have game on steam as well 

Edited by TalLura

34 minutes ago, SoyElSenado said:

Someone already posted this finding so it may be useless info at this point, but I also wanted to report that the memory leak issue only occurs for me when the armored messenger gear is equipped. I had no issues until I logged into my consular, which wears that.  Within about 10 min of using that character, I crashed due to memory leak ( with 64 gb of ram). All my other characters I’ve had no issues. 

That's a GS armor set, correct?

51 minutes ago, TalLura said:

Not sure if this will help anyone but I seemed to have solved the crashing while 7.4 image screen shows up when loading planets or quick travel. (for me at least) 

I renamed the file for that load image by adding extra letters so it can't find it when gsme loads and just gets a fast black screen and load instead of the image.

Hope that helps others 

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/620494-how-to-remove-loading-screen-after-a-teleport/

This helped me (link is to an old old post, but this still works and can be done for those who have game on steam as well 

did not work for me

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, JackieKo said:

So far I’ve noticed it on multiple characters. So I will list their species, story spec, combat style, outfit pieces, & loadout (which I don’t setup, so will be what the default is). I’ve used no dyes colours on these characters yet.

I will use the acronym (NM) for armor items I haven’t unified the colours. And (M) for items I have unified the colours. 

Server - Shae Vizla

1. Human female body type 2, (sniper, Marksman loadout), outfitter pieces -

Idiot’s Array Sniper Rifle with Laser Weapon tuning (no crystal), Black Vulkar Swooper Goggles (M), Dark Marauder’s Bracers (M), Wayward Voyager’s Chestpiece, Dark Marauder’s Gloves (M), Dark Marauder’s Boots (NM), Combat Engineer’s Belt (M), Dark Marauder’s Greaves (NM)

I have deselected Darkside corruption showing. I have Enable dynamic mount colours selected 

2. Human female body type 2, (Sage, Telekinetics loadout), outfitter pieces - 

no weapon, Saul Karath’s Hat (M), covert wrist energy (M), Relaxed Jumpsuit Jacket, Satele Shan’s Gloves (M), Satele Shan’s Boots (M), Covert waist energy (M), Elegant loungewear bottoms (M). 

I have selected show darkside corruption & enable dynamic mount colours.

3. Human female Body type 1, (Sentinel Concentration loadout), outfitter pieces -

2x Merciless Raiders Vibroswords w/ riot control weapon tuning (no crystal), Expatriate Headband (M), Covert wrist energy (M), Relaxed Jumpsuit Jacket, Sensuous dress gloves (M), Sensuous Dress Shoes (M), Expatriates Belt (M), Expatriate pants (NM). 

I have unselected darkside corruption & enabled dynamic mount colours. 

4. Human female body type 1, (Sorcerer, Madness loadout), outfitter pieces - 

Volatile Derelict Lightsabre w/ advanced purple outline crystal & riot control weapon tuning, Noble Councillors tiara (M), Festival Dress Bracelets (M), Festival Dress Top, Festival Dress Gloves (M), Revealing Bodysuit Boots (M), Callous Conquerors belt (NM), Dashing Rogues pants (NM)

I have unselected darkside corruption & selected enable dynamic mount colours. 

My in game graphics setting are - 

General Full screen mode, resolution 5760x1080, refresh rate 60, frame rate 120, gamma 100.

Advanced : Bloom, Enhanced shadows, conversation depth field. Texture quality = high, Shader complexity = high, anti aliasing = very high, character level detail = high, texture anisotropy = high, character texture atlasing = high, visible character limit = very high, shadow quality = high, Shadow Map Cascades = very high, grass render distance = high, shadow map resolution = 1280, tree & grass quality = 100. Colour blind off. 

System specs :

Gigabyte x570S Aorus Master, AMD ryzen 7 5800x, 2x16gb G.skill F4-3600C16-16GTZN ram, 1TB Western Digital SSD WDS100T1X0E-00AFY0, 512GB Samsung SSD 960 Pro, AMD Radeon RX 6700XT GPU, 3x Asus 27” VG279 monitors. 

Windows 10 Pro, build 19044.2486

GPU driver : 23.8.1.

If there is any other info you need, please ask.

FYI, any news on APAC server transfers? (You understand I have to ask ;) )

Edit: I wanted to add, I’ve a customised interface & I use the old mini map, not the new one. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HanniShindeiru said:

it's alright :) i have to delay playing swtor till january getting my new pc :) it's okay i can do life-day event another day , next december , there is no regret at all being like this situation rn :) 

I can't afford a new pc every time swtor breaks, I would love to but I can't.

7 hours ago, motator said:

I can't afford a new pc every time swtor breaks, I would love to but I can't.

i know right , but it is what is it , mmo will update its graphic till new core of gaming like i10 or i12 maybe soon then all will be unplayable again in my perspective of view of it.

35 minutes ago, HanniShindeiru said:

i know right , but it is what is it , mmo will update its graphic till new core of gaming like i10 or i12 maybe soon then all will be unplayable again in my perspective of view of it.

Did you update the video driver ? your using a 2016 intel video driver, that is likely the cause of your issues using a 7 year old driver

try using https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Edited by OwenBrooks