Game Update 7.4 "Chains in the Dark" Updates

JackieKo

The new graphics settings look fine solo, but if you're in a group of more than 5 or so people, the game is unplayable. Our guild on Star Forge just tried to do a rampage/world boss run, and it was impossible. The game froze and stuttered non stop, and every single person's game crashed at least 4 times in 15 minutes. I don't think the new graphics settings can handle big groups-- I definitely think thats something yall need to look into ASAP

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, IAmTheYoghurt said:

2 minutes into using the "improved" GTN, 2 bloody minutes ...

Search for crafting schematics, it no longer grays out those you character already knows, i.e. unusable.

Search for spaceship upgrades, it does not have subcategories, 'search' button is unavailable, i.e. unusable.

nobody has test that out since nobody has copy there crafting chars to the test servers with crafting shecmatics at all so thats the reason why it was not test out.

and if this was also something new there have chance then there need to tell us that also then.

6 minutes ago, ShadsMaxim said:

Completed the H&Z 340 Artifact quest, but Zeek will only sell me level artifact level enhancements.  Artifact level barrels, mods, and armouring are not available.

This is how it worked with 336 artifact quality items on Hyde and Zeek.  Only 336 Artifact enhancements were available, not 336 armoring, barrels, hilts, and mods.

Edited by Char_Ell
  • Like 3

this exploration mission nonsense should never have been a thing. People who can't handle side quests should not be pandered to.

I agree. Players who don't want to do the side missions can just not do them. There's no need for a switch to shut them off completely.

At the very least, the exploration missions should be on by default, not off. I still wonder how many new players to the game must have completed the starter planet, capital world, or more before they found out that there were a bunch of missions they skipped by without knowing they were there.

delete the entire damn game and redownload it AGAIN ????

This is why I'm not going to download the update for a while. I'm waiting to see if the devs come in with another announcement that the update was bugged and now everybody who downloaded it has to download the entire game again.

I am not surprised to see complaints already popping up about the new GTN interface. That's what happens when designers insist on fixing what isn't broken.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ShadsMaxim said:

Completed the H&Z 340 Artifact quest, but Zeek will only sell me level artifact level enhancements.  Artifact level barrels, mods, and armouring are not available.

(Completing the 340 Prototype quest unlocked enhancements, barrels, mods, and armoring as expected.)

don't forget to set your filter to "all" 

16 minutes ago, Arecelis said:

Completed the Hyde and Zeek Prototype 340 quest. When went to install armor mods they just disappeared and did not equip at all.

Worked fine for me.  I unlocked 340 prototype and 340 artifact on Hyde and Zeek.  I then purchased 340 prototype barrel, mod, and 340 artifact enhancement.  I successfully replaced my 336 rating items in my commando's assault cannon with the 340 items.  Assault cannon shows as 340 item rating now.

Edited by Char_Ell

• Dev Post
12 minutes ago, chaelinsthighs said:

The new graphics settings look fine solo, but if you're in a group of more than 5 or so people, the game is unplayable. Our guild on Star Forge just tried to do a rampage/world boss run, and it was impossible. The game froze and stuttered non stop, and every single person's game crashed at least 4 times in 15 minutes. I don't think the new graphics settings can handle big groups-- I definitely think thats something yall need to look into ASAP

I forwarded this to the team to look into. Thanks for reporting this. All the details are very helpful! If we need more info, I'll send you a PM. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Dev Post
1 hour ago, LittleEwina said:

Hey so I'm currently doing the Port Nowhere mission on my lethality operative and I noticed that the Toxic Haze green cloud doesn't appear anymore. My op throw the thing on the ground and there's nothing that visually appear after that. Also lots of clippings in the cinematic when Rikan, his sister are talking with one poor lone mando that just get walked through like he is a ghost.

Update: I can't see any holocom conversation, as in if someone hold the com nothing appear above, and if I answer a call I see no one speaking though I do hear what they say.

Hey there! Can you run the repair tool and see if that fixes your issue? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

I forwarded this to the team to look into. Thanks for reporting this. All the details are very helpful! If we need more info, I'll send you a PM. 

If I may ask, where even is this new graphics setting? While there was a pop-up asking me to adapt my graphics settings, I did not find any new option to actually toggle on or off. Or is this new "cinematic lighting" thing tied to Enhanced Shadows?

It would be super beneficial to have a "Ops and Warzone Graphics Settings", similar to what other MMOs offer. That way we can have the graphics turned up in solo stuff, but leave it lower automatically in group stuff.

We also just really need better optimization with an engine revamp. The tweaks we are getting between then and now are great, but you shouldn't need a 4090 to get a constant 60fps. I still drag in Post Onslaught content running a 3060 Ti, more than in raids. Mek Sha is the worst example. Have yet to try out the new area, but my hopes aren't high. But with an 11 year old game, it should not be slogging as much on modern GPUs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackieKo said:

Can you please give more details on your experience/what you are seeing? Is the button grayed out? Is the patch showing it's downloading? Are you using the SWTOR launch or using Steam? Is it possible that your AV is blocking the game? It would be helpful to know these types of details. Thanks! 

Cannot login, the initial loading screen after logging in freezes. The only way to remedy it was to run in compatibility but then I would see 0 available servers. This has happened in previous updates and the solution was to uninstall and reinstall the game which I did but this time it did not work, therefore I am unable to login and play. No, I am not using Steam. Sort it out please.

Edited by Melaras
forgot to mention steam
  • Like 1

to the developer who asked..i like everyone else did the upgrade..i pushed the SW icon..it starts to load fine till the opening screen (not the legacy choice page) with the new title..i can hear music in the background but it just stops working at this point like its searching for the game..then after a few minutes it says "unable to load game, i have tried repair 6x and just finished removing the game and redownloading it..it still will not work

the only way i got it to work last time was to completely erase my PC to factory setting and redownload and then it still gave me a hard time..i can't be erasing my damn PC every time you guys decide to add wrinkles to the characters

Edited by Trebor-droffig
addition
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MishaCantu said:

Story wise, having 40 players standing around trying to click on a mandatory item on Ord Mantell is not only annoying but game breaking. Why the helping hands crates won't accept multiple clicks is beyond me. This should have been anticipated. 

At least you can get past the login loading screen 🤣

Edited by Melaras
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaelinsthighs said:

Anyone tested this in Warzone PVP maps like Hutt Ball yet? 

18 minutes ago, PeterGun-SWE said:

@JackieKo You have definitely issues with memory leaks on the client side right now!

Memory usage goes from a 2000 MB(2GB) at start up, to almost 200000 MB(20GB). even if you are just idling on the fleet!!!

Mine is using all 12GB of my ram and then crashed not long after.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trebor-droffig said:

to the developer who asked..i like everyone else did the upgrade..i pushed the SW icon..it starts to load fine till the opening screen (not the legacy choice page) with the new title..i can hear music in the background but it just stops working at this point like its searching for the game..then after a few minutes it says "unable to load game, i have tried repair 6x and just finished removing the game and redownloading it..it still will not work

the only way i got it to work last time was to completely erase my PC to factory setting and redownload and then it still gave me a hard time..i can't be erasing my damn PC every time you guys decide to add wrinkles to the characters

I have been experiencing this issue all day. I tried locating the Bitraider folder and it did not exist so I assumed that bug was fixed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my game. I even did a system restore on my PC. Nothing is working, and it also seems to be affecting my Explorer window in Windows 11. I just get a "working on it" when i launch Explorer.

11 minutes ago, SoontirMorillo said:

Longer loading times, performance drops in solo and multiplayer environment. 7.4 does not feel like an improvement for me, it's more like a downgrade. Not a fan.

not only longer loading times but also a good lagg problem it self more after the update.

• Sad 1