Game Update 7.4 "Chains in the Dark" coming December 5th!

JackieKo

3 minutes ago, eabevella said:

Well, there was my next point about no one suing SWTOR because no one spends that much money to justify the trouble of filing a lawsuit. Unless a government regulator or some sort wants to make an example of it. But then again, SWTOR isn't that famous to be singled out as a warning to game corporations.

And now that you mention getting the lootbox ingame, SWTOR can defend that point by saying you can get hypercrates through GS even though hypercrates being a subscriber prize makes the point a bit shaky.

in my country there are easy on it.

but the gelactic season version is also a lootbox and any version of the lootboxen there is against there gamble law so long there is no other way to get then like playing the game it self.

if you can get hypercrates from the cartal market by paying credits for it then its not against the law but you only get then by cartal coins what is real money.

but like you told all SWTOR has on that famous at all like fifa was so there is almost no chance there get a lawsuit for it.

and i know for sure a lot of other MMO's are also flying under the rader what has the same thing.

and its a diffrend also with fifa is that fifa needs to be rate first before there can sell it on the market and with MMO's there not have to be rate first.

53 minutes ago, eabevella said:

And now that you mention getting the lootbox ingame, SWTOR can defend that point by saying you can get hypercrates through GS even though hypercrates being a subscriber prize makes the point a bit shaky.

If that’s the defence EA used, then they can also say subscribers get free CC’s every month with their subscription. So the hypercrates can be obtained for free. Obviously I don’t endorse this defence. And I think it would matter what country you’re in for it to work. Because we have some pretty good consumer laws in Australia that I think would make that a losing defence if EA tried it here.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

1 hour ago, Spikanor said:

in my country there are easy on it.

but the gelactic season version is also a lootbox and any version of the lootboxen there is against there gamble law so long there is no other way to get then like playing the game it self.

if you can get hypercrates from the cartal market by paying credits for it then its not against the law but you only get then by cartal coins what is real money.

but like you told all SWTOR has on that famous at all like fifa was so there is almost no chance there get a lawsuit for it.

and i know for sure a lot of other MMO's are also flying under the rader what has the same thing.

and its a diffrend also with fifa is that fifa needs to be rate first before there can sell it on the market and with MMO's there not have to be rate first.

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

If that’s the defence EA used, then they can also say subscribers get free CC’s every month with their subscription. So the hypercrates can be obtained for free. Obviously I don’t endorse this defence. And I think it would matter what country you’re in for it to work. Because we have some pretty good consumer laws in Australia that I think would make that a losing defence if EA tried it here.

I think the sad reality is that you need $$$ and time for lawsuit and normal people don't have that kind of $$$ and time against EA, and organization with the resources won't take a small case.

But at least it's cosmetic items so people can ignore them, the only saving grace in this situation.

29 minutes ago, eabevella said:

I think the sad reality is that you need $$$ and time for lawsuit and normal people don't have that kind of $$$ and time against EA, and organization with the resources won't take a small case.

and if you look in the history of the lawsuits against normal people vs game company's then you know all how its going to work and end also before you start one.

• Sad 1

...while I vehemently disagree with said policy to put the new and (literally) shiny items into a lottery with miniscule winning chances, I gues we all need to see this situaion a bit differently. This is a PRODUCT.  An ITEM that a company 'produces" in order to make profit (and pay hefty bonuses to its bosses and shareholders - but not to employees). Think about it as spare blades for  Gilette or Wilkinson shavers, think about it as its printer toner or even  Nespresso capsules.  Companies sell the main product with reasonable pricing but they go bananas with the spare parts.  This is exactly the same case. The ONLY difference the hypercrates make is the gambling. When you buy coffee capsules or razor blades, you KNOW exactly what you're buying and for what price. Here you don't and it's simply WRONG.  I expect the initial pricing of those dyes will be about 4-5 K CMCs. So, only the whales will buy them directlly. Funny enough they would not be able to make obscene credits on GTN with them, due the sales price cap and new tax.  I think I have bought a CM crate last time when they introduced those "hypercrates" and after utter disappointment, never spent a dime on them.  If people stop buying these "chance cubes" (again, with minimal chance to win anything valuable) maybe that would teach the bosses about making business.  but NOTHING would pay better than new content for each class separately.

Edited by Przemo_No
  • Like 1

Just now, Nee-Elder said:

Chill dude.  They're busy double-checking them.

In the meantime, quench your boredom with this--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931783-74-gtn-preview-live-on-pts/?do=findComment&comment=9788705

I am chill, just wondering where the ptach notes are. Guess you're right.

And I never rely on what's on the PTS, as things can change from the latest build there, to what actually goes live.

4 minutes ago, Otowi said:

And I never rely on what's on the PTS, as things can change from the latest build there, to what actually goes live.

You obviously didn't even read the link i provided for you.

No wonder humans are being replaced by ai

smh

( hint:  That post is the umm "latest build" going LIVE tomorrow with 7.4  ;) )

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nee-Elder said:

You obviously didn't even read the link i provided for you.

No wonder humans are being replaced by ai

smh

( hint:  That post is the umm "latest build" going LIVE tomorrow with 7.4  ;) )

I did read it, so your presumption were wrong my friend. I meant that sometimes things change even between the latest PTS build, and the live build.

But no gonna argue. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Otowi said:

I did read it,

. I meant that sometimes things change even between the latest PTS build, and the live build.

If you read it then you didn't really comprehend it , because  Joe the Dev literally says  "some changes we’ve made in the interim between PTS and what you can expect on December 5th.  in the post.

So your subsequent double-down reply makes zero sense. :ph_lol:

Thanks for providing some brief  forum fun while we waited for the PATCH NOTES UP--> https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/12423/game-update-7.4-chains-dark

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: humans are so predictable

Patchnotes have been interesting, it's nice seeing fixes to some long standing bugs. Although it'd be nice if they'd finally acknowledge the Assassin/Shadow female body type 2 running bug. 

And it seems like some Bioware logos have been replaced with Broadsword ones. Others have not, which I find amusing. 

• Like 1

• Dev Post

Hi all, 

The Double XP event will be running from December 24, 2023 - January 4, 2024. I'll be updating the events calendar with those dates and adding them to the patch notes. OP has been updated with the link to the patch notes as well. 

See you all bright and early tomorrow morning! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JackieKo said:

Hi all, 

The Double XP event will be running from December 24, 2023 - January 4, 2024. I'll be updating the events calendar with those dates and adding them to the patch notes. OP has been updated with the link to the patch notes as well. 

See you all bright and early tomorrow morning! 

APAC TRANSFERS Jackie 🤷🏻‍♀️

When????????????? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

i've been asking myself that ^ very question since ohhhh  'round about the time when they removed all the 'skil trees'  ( 4.0 era? ) and gutted Crafting ( 5.0 ? ) .

For me, it's always the same answer that EA knows we rationalize to ourselves:  Welp, it's the only Star Wars  MMO going right now so.....yeah. :(

This is why the game has been slowly dying for several years. Because they push players to their breaking point with poor design & development choices. They think people will stay just because it’s SW. Which many of us have. But everyone eventually reaches a point when they say no more. And that’s why the game loses more players every year than it attracts new players to fill their spots.

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

What’s the point though in staying or paying them money for another degraded experience.

thats the question i keep asking my self more from why do i still come back to this game when i know all its always going to become worse in the end and not good at all.

i think most people lost also there hope that broadsword is going to chance things in the game good way when we see now slowly its becoming the bioware 2.0 version.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1