Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

3 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

If there is 1 billion credits in a system and a player has 5,000,000 of that 1 billion. Can that player list an item for 1 billion and make a sale while at the same time not losing what they already have?

If there is 100 billion credits in a system and a player has 5,000,000 of that 100 billion. Can that player list an item for 1 billion and make a sale while at the same time not losing what they already have?

Big difference between farming and playing the GTN.

4 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

This sink is not game breaking though. Transfers will elevate the impact to some degree. It can also be addressed without changing it or adding more credits into the system. (As it has been stated a niche group of players are hurt the most. Giving them rewards that compensate for this damage could do a similar job)

And yet it was you that said you had a choice between repairing and getting a guild ship, that is in fact game breaking for a lot of people.

4 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

That’s where the would/could comes in. I’m aware it’s a theory

Then maybe as with most of your posts you could say that because 90% of them read as supposed fact.

5 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

If there are not appropriate sinks in place and it has the same credit generating capacity it does now it would mostly likely arrive at a 100 billion credit economy faster then any other server did, especially with transfers.

Yup and as I Said I agree that some need to be in place, but this is not the system for this server.

1 hour ago, Dylanof said:

Ok lets break this down. You transfer in 250m credits per toon instantly going to the GTN and steal ill use that word STEAL the hours and effort and items that the community has put up there instantly enriching yourself. all under the guise of repair bills.

There's an easy fix to this obviously, and likely that they will already implement it since the system already exists in the game: wipe everything off the GTN and return them to players, before transfers open, duh! Even if the credits being injected are a really low amount, it seems quite probable they are going to clear the GTN. They have cleared the GTN and returned items plenty of times before, before significant patches, etc.

Further to this, as mentioned, I don't care about the GTN, and nor do the PvE endgame community. You are focused solely on your needs, your perspective, irrationally hateful and dramatic towards others (for instance, claiming I will 'steal' everything  off the GTN under the guide of repair bill credits). Sorry friend, you might be obsessed with the GTN and items and play money in the game, I and literally the tens and tens of people I play with every day, don't give any care about credits or the GTN to that all. We want to just play group content, and have fun together. We have huge barriers at the moment (namely, the ridiculously high cost of endgame content such as repair bills) that prevent us from doing that. 

1 hour ago, Dylanof said:

The inflation measures that we are paying are high but have kept the inflation in check on SV and are quite livable.

You have proven quite clearly you have no idea what you're talking about with this statement, and need to reflect and be more open to other's needs in this game, not just your obsession with the GTN and its market. The inflation measures on Shae Vizla ARE NOT LIVABLE FOR ENDGAME. Those of us who are raiding at MM level, are having fees that can go up to 300k-400k per day based on repair bills and associated costs. Those repair bills are very highly tuned to credit sink to massive economies, not Shae Vizla. They need to either be reduced/removed, or we need viable credits to sustain them.

P.S - you are still acting quite emotional and dramatic, and you are misconstruing what I have said several times. I feel you need to center yourself, take a calm large breath, and then process what is said before responding.

P.P.S - please understand that there is a healthy portion of the Shae Vizla community that have barely even opened the GTN (myself included). We want to play group content, not obsess over monopoly money in a game and sit staring at non-existent digital items. We shouldn't have to run literally hours of heroics to afford a single night of content.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nommaz said:

Big difference between farming and playing the GTN.

The system starts with zero credits. The rewards and loot generate a virtually never ending supply. The GTN can not work without credit in the system. 

And yet it was you that said you had a choice between repairing and getting a guild ship, that is in fact game breaking for a lot of people.

Game braking implies they can not function or does not have the population to justify its function. SV having these high cost will most likely not kill the game, maybe the server but I highly doubt that.

Then maybe as with most of your posts you could say that because 90% of them read as supposed fact.

Correlation does not equal causation. When stating observations and what caused them it is virtually impossible to state what happened with 100% certainty. You can lower the odds of something happening/being the cause to extremely small numbers but they will generally remain greater then 0. This is called finding a significant number.  Scientist express most likely going to happen as fact pretty much all the time. 

I admit that I don’t have the numbers required to generate percentages. But I do research the topics I discuss and state why I feel that why must of the time, especially when asked.

Yup and as I Said I agree that some need to be in place, but this is not the system for this server.

And I believe keeping them as they are would be more beneficial then removing them. Especially when transfers open.

Edited by AFadedMemory

@JackieKo

Hi Jackie, please ensure you correct/adjust credit sinks so that Shae Vizla PvE Endgame can propser.

At the moment, MM players are having to run hours of heroics for a single night of prog in a MM operation. It's an unsustainable game loop; and if you severely limit credits to this server without adjusting repair bills, augmentation costs, etc - then you kill the endgame community.

The people on this forum post are about 4 people telling you to restrict credits to a tiny amount - they are a vocal minority, and do not reflect at all the community as a whole. The majority of us regularly playing group content, including the APAC community waiting to come back for years sitting waiting for transfers to open - want access to our hard earned items and credits we have earned rightfully. 

Please, as a major area of consideration when deciding what credits you are limiting it to, ensure that the endgame community doesn't go bankrupt with a single MM Operation. The PvE community will fizzle and die if you don't readjust your credit sink initiatives - they are currently tuned to an economy with hyperinflation - which Shae Vizla is not.

A major section of the PvE community don't even touch the GTN, nor give any interest in fake monopoly money in a video game. We just want to play content and progress through fun, challenging Operations. At the moment, it's almost impossible to sustain due to the excessively high repair bills/costs etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frizzydude said:

As end game raiders, we dont want to be farming conquest. We dont want to be doing GS. We raid. That is why we play the game. But what everyone is suggesting by limiting the amount of credits that we have earnt from playing this game for a decade is ludicrous. They are the credits that we earnt. Farming content for years so why should we be made to suffer our experience because selfish people don't want "us" to ruin the economy. 

+1 to this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frizzydude said:

As end game raiders, we dont want to be farming conquest. We dont want to be doing GS. We raid. That is why we play the game. But what everyone is suggesting by limiting the amount of credits that we have earnt from playing this game for a decade is ludicrous. They are the credits that we earnt. Farming content for years so why should we be made to suffer our experience because selfish people don't want "us" to ruin the economy. 

Because people who are farming credits  for purposes other then raiding would destroy the economy. Unlike people who don’t want to deal with a broken economy, you can deal with high repair cost on another server. You can probably handle repair cost when transfers open even with a limited credit limit. (Toon In Gear that could/should be fully repaired plus several repairs worth of credit moved over for free)

If the costs of crafting, gearing and repairs remain the same. I would expect an absolute minimum of 20 million per character with at least 6 character transfers, this is an absolute minimum and honestly probably should be somewhere near 50 million.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, ufion said:

- they are a vocal minority, and do not reflect at all the community

Correct me if I’m wrong but you have to be a subscriber to participate in raids thus you can participate in this conversation. If the “majority” end game raiders don’t vocalize their concerns it literally means they can’t do so or they don’t care enough to do so. either way it doesn’t persuade BS that they should/need to do something.

BS agrees/acted in ways that suggest they think inflation is a problem. The best way to handle problems is to prevent them.

Players have expressed that they want a low inflation economy server.

BS not only wants to create low Inflation environments, but have been asked to do so. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MuskyBoy said:

If the costs of crafting, gearing and repairs remain the same. I would expect an absolute minimum of 20 million per character with at least 6 character transfers, this is an absolute minimum and honestly probably should be somewhere near 50 million.

How much does this crafting cost?

How much does the gearing cost?

How much does your repairs cost on average?

Will transfers give you an advantage new players don’t have?

Why do you need to crate new gear, craft etc. when you arguably have enough credits (based on the alleged minimum you need) to do/obtain them before transfers?

(if you are a true raider you should already have/done most of that stuff already)

Edited by AFadedMemory

21 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

How much does this crafting cost?

How much does the gearing cost?

How much does your repairs cost on average?

Will transfers give you an advantage new players don’t have?

Why do you need to crate new gear, craft etc. when you arguably have enough credits (based on the alleged minimum you need) to do/obtain them before transfers?

I have said before how much it costs to craft to get companions to level 50 so they can craft at a speed faster then a snails pace plus to get an increase in crits on crafting, I have also said before, I calculated that it was over 15 million to get my first toon geared in purple augs/340 gear it would be much higher if I was using gold augments. Some of the people above have explained to you the costs of repairs. In short to get 1 companion to level 50 costs about 4 million but you can have a maximum of 8 crafters at a time so thats 32 million. There are 6 crew skills 6 x 32 mill is 192 million plus you need one extra for either slicing or investigation. On top of this is the cost of crafting itself, it's nearly double what it was when released  (400 was cap now it's 700) plus there's the 250 K x 3 you need to spend to get each crew skill to go from 600 to 700.

Edited by MuskyBoy

3 minutes ago, MuskyBoy said:

I have said before how much it costs to craft to get companions to level 50

Does transferring over a toon reset Companion Levels? (If no not really a need)

5 minutes ago, MuskyBoy said:

I calculated that it was over 15 million to get my first toon geared in purple augs/340 gear it would be much higher

Did this armor disappear or never got replaced? Is transfers preventing it from being equipped/moved? (if no not really a need)

Will/does it cost that much on SV? (If it’s cheaper less need for more credit. Also new players will have to go through this process with virtually no help from transfers.)

10 minutes ago, MuskyBoy said:

Some of the people above have explained to you the costs of repairs

Like 3 million a week? with 10 million per toon that’s 3 weeks of raiding per toon. 

7 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

Does transferring over a toon reset Companion Levels? (If no not really a need)

Did this armor disappear or never got replaced? Is transfers preventing it from being equipped/moved? (if no not really a need)

Will/does it cost that much on SV? (If it’s cheaper less need for more credit. Also new players will have to go through this process with virtually no help from transfers.)

Like 3 million a week? with 10 million per toon that’s 3 weeks of raiding per toon. 

Even if I've transferred my companions on another toon over maybe I want multiple crafters (this is how you make money by crafting a ton of mats, and having people too lazy to craft buy them off you, if you aren't lazy you won't buy what I sell).

That 15 million was on SV it would have been 500 million on an American server

Exactly, I've already done this along with pretty much every other veteran in the game and you expect them to go and run heroics to pay for repairs? That's a sure fire way for people to quit the game and when one player quits a raid team on a server this small it in all likelihood means the group dies and you lose 5 or 6 players. There's a reason they raid, apart from the challenge they do it for the social interaction, they have no interest in farming the same boring solo quests time and again so they can do the thing they actually want to do.  

42 minutes ago, MuskyBoy said:

Even if I've transferred my companions on another toon over maybe I want multiple crafters (this is how you make money by crafting a ton of mats, and having people too lazy to craft buy them off you, if you aren't lazy you won't buy what I sell).

But you can transfer over other toons with multiple of the items you want to sell. This is already a huge advantage. Adding 10s of millions to the limit for this isn’t really beneficial. It would be smarter to keep it low so peeps like your would have to buy more transfers.  (You could theoretically buy credits from credit farmers, but I think you would get more bang for you buck with a $10 character transfer than a $17 1 million credit purchase. Sure it’s $4 for 100 million in other servers but you would need a transfer to make it work for you in sv.)

That 15 million was on SV it would have been 500 million on an American server

New players will have to spend a least that much. transfers with the inflation it will cause will most likely make it more then that. The more credit introduced to the system the greater the inflation. (Raiders from other servers shouldn’t even have to make these. Thus 10s of millions added to limit for this does not make sense.)

Exactly, I've already done this along with pretty much every other veteran in the game and you expect them to go and run heroics to pay for repairs? That's a sure fire way for people to quit the game and when one player quits a raid team on a server this small it in all likelihood means the group dies and you lose 5 or 6 players. There's a reason they raid, apart from the challenge they do it for the social interaction, they have no interest in farming the same boring solo quests time and again so they can do the thing they actually want to do.  

Did you do it on SV? If so

1). sinks are not preventing you from playing raids

2.) when transfers are allowed this will become easier for you. 10 million per toon is totally a generous amount.

(if you really leave the game because of a server your not required to play socializing probably isn’t that important to ya, especially if you accomplished this socializing before SV)

Edited by AFadedMemory

I'm just going to repost what I said on another thread, since it is relevant. Keep in mind I posted this before the announcement for server transfer and all that stuff, but what I posted is still relevant in light of what we have so far. Given that there would be some sort of credit cap, IMO what I propose would be more relevant now:

My take on this is that I'm actually all for this (note: credit cap). However, I also understand that there are people who want to have some form of credit transfer as well. Maybe not all of their credits but at least part of it. That being said, if there is no credit transfer then, as I've suggested earlier, people should at least still be compensated or given incentive of some form to make up for credit and items they haven't brought to SV. I would actually propose a month or so of 2x, 3x or even 5x exp/drop rate. By drop rate of course that would mean 5 item as well as credit drop by mobs and enemy NPCs. IMO something like one month of 5x exp/drop rate would be more than enough incentive and compensation--that would allow many people to level quickly as well as recover their credits as well. On the downside, inflation would become an issue as well if ever. There should be some form of balance as well then to mitigate inflation. 

12 minutes ago, Jarcen said:

IMy take on this is that I'm actually all for this (note: credit cap). However, I also understand that there are people who want to have some form of credit transfer as well. Maybe not all of their credits but at least part of it. That being said, if there is no credit transfer then, as I've suggested earlier, people should at least still be compensated or given incentive of some form to make up for credit and items they haven't brought to SV. I would actually propose a month or so of 2x, 3x or even 5x exp/drop rate. By drop rate of course that would mean 5 item as well as credit drop by mobs and enemy NPCs. IMO something like one month of 5x exp/drop rate would be more than enough incentive and compensation--that would allow many people to level quickly as well as recover their credits as well. On the downside, inflation would become an issue as well if ever. There should be some form of balance as well then to mitigate inflation. 

On 1/15/2024 at 12:58 AM, AFadedMemory said:

Players are not being forced to transfer. Server transfer is a QOL option. Compensation for “lost” credits are not required, especially since they are still usable on source server.  APAC player have, in my opinion, a justifiable argument for discounted or free transfers (which I feel they will get in some form) but BS does not have a legal obligation to give them those. If you don’t believe me read the TOS and Cartel Coin Purchase Disclaimer.

Edited by AFadedMemory

8 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

What I head from your many, many posts is:

Move the server to US, those APAC players do not deserve a regional server.

Thanks for the laugh. Your completely correct, but it is still funny. 

And even tho I'm a non APAC, I still say Broadsword should have no restrictions when it comes to transfers. The only question is how many Free transfers you should get. 

• Like 1

If players who have already grinded have to regrind all their wealth back the server will die (I cannot say it any clearer). Cry about new players all you want, the players who have continued to play for the last decade will leave. They do not want to have to go credit farming anymore (they have already done that). The only reason they are here is because it's an APAC server and the ping is so much better, if the ping on the American servers was the same they would all stay there.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, MuskyBoy said:

If players who have already grinded have to regrind all their wealth back the server will die (I cannot say it any clearer). Cry about new players all you want, the players who have continued to play for the last decade will leave. They do not want to have to go credit farming anymore (they have already done that). The only reason they are here is because it's an APAC server and the ping is so much better, if the ping on the American servers was the same they would all stay there.

Perfectly said.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MuskyBoy said:

Then why is SV not dead? I'm pretty confident the average player will be fine with credit limits.

3 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

Game braking implies they can not function or does not have the population to justify its function. SV having these high cost will most likely not kill the game, maybe the server but I highly doubt that.

It's pretty obvious you haven't done any progression raiding, or you would know that not repairing your gear IS game breaking. The other seven people in the group might be able to carry one guy who can't afford to repair their gear, but if the whole group stops repairing, you might as well go naked after a few wipes. Good luck trying to finish MM ops naked.

2 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

Then why is SV not dead? I'm pretty confident the average player will be fine with credit limits.

Your consistent comments about the economy actually mattering when they are trying to make a regional server says it all. No matter where you play from your only reason your there seems to be for the fresh start aspect. 

The only thing Broadsword should worry about is getting as many APAC players to that server as they can. Any restrictions to transfers, whether it's what they can carry or credit limits is a bad idea. Players that have played and earned what they have won't want to move if they'll have such restrictions. Thus making that server more likely to fail.

Edited by Toraak
  • Like 3

Just now, DeannaVoyager said:

It's pretty obvious you haven't done any progression raiding, or you would know that not repairing your gear IS game breaking. The other seven people in the group might be able to carry one guy who can't afford to repair their gear, but if the whole group stops repairing, you might as well go naked after a few wipes. Good luck trying to finish MM ops naked.

I meant to say Game braking means it can not function.  Not "Game braking implies they can not function."

I once again agree they should do something about repair cost. I don't think allowing more credits over is the solution. I don't think changing the cost is a good idea either. Though I would prefer lower repair cost over higher credit limit.

4 hours ago, ufion said:

The people on this forum post are about 4 people telling you to restrict credits to a tiny amount - they are a vocal minority, and do not reflect at all the community as a whole.

A vocal minority who doesn't even understand what they are talking about because they don't do any harder endgame content, I might add.

I ran out of reactions, but here's one inside a post. 👍 

15 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

This is my last post responding to you. Don't take this personally, but you having no idea about anything in terms of the server economy. You don't know the costs of repairs, you don't know the cost of crafting and you don't know the cost of gearing. I'll give youj a lesson of the current state of gearing, currently if I wish to min/max gear I will be looking at around 55-60 million if I both PVE and PVP FOR ONE SPEC (not a class, a single spec) If I have have  Tank/DPS class its actually double that because each gold aug on the GTN is about 3.5 million (on SV) there are 14 augment slots 14 x 3.5 = 49 million then you have tacticals x 3 (at least) then you need augment kits 100 K x 14 and then opening the augment slots is 100 K x 14. Just off that it's 54.8 million for 1 spec, maybe you should stay in your lane and know what you are talking about.  Understand this changes for PVP because accuracy requirements change in PVP in compared with PVE so you are looking at least another 3 gold augs to min/max for PVP. 

Edited by MuskyBoy
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.